• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Hollows are Quincies weakness

Visored don't use Hollow power when fighting Quincies

CHECKS OUT

m16owk9.jpg

Yeah this was my main thought on those chapters, alongside why all of them are dumb fucks and always tell how their powers work.

And again on One Piece

There are a lot of possible reason why Robin didn't say anything, like Sabo could have jsut said "Yo I want to meet Luffy in person first and surprise him"

But she didn't say anything baout Dragon either... OR FUCKING ZORO, I MEAN HE HAS ONLY 1 EYE LEFT, WHAT HAPPENED

daveo42

Banned
One Piece

The superior translation confirms that Sabo was crying before talking to Koala. I guess he was happy to see Luffy? And I wonder why he told Luffy that he can't have the fire fruit, instead of just saying go you're not needed here. He also said they must carry on his (Ace's) will. Does the revolutionary army want to carry on Ace's will? Or just Sabo and some of the people from the Army?

Inheriting Ace's legacy wasn't Luffy's to begin with, it was Sabo's. From Sabo's point of view the legacy is something along the lines of looking out for the little brother of the group. The actual legacy is carrying on the flame of the only son of Gol D. Roger.

Yonafunu

Like two weeks ago everyone was bitching about it.

Yeah but everyone is stupid so that doesn't count.
But seriously (lol), OP only needs to be better than Bleach and Naruto for that pic to work, and it's not like that hasn't been the case since basically forever. The only person I can see disagreeing with that is Beam.

Akito

Oricon Commic Rankings December 2nd - December 8th

01. Naruto #67 (653,624)
02. Bleach #61 (361,988)
03. Kuroko no Basket #25 (359,953)
04. Gintama #52 (202,666)
05. Shokugeki no Souma #5 (187,865)
06. One Punch-man #5 (186,087)
07. Kinou Nani Tabeta? #8 (162,179 / 162,382)
08. To Love-Ru Darkness #9 (159,071)
09. Worst #33 (144,729)
10. Claymore #25 (115,600)
11. To Love-Ru Darkness Limited Edition #9 (91,439)
12. Shingeki no Kyojin #12 (90,699)
13. Kuroko no Basket Limited Edition #25 (69,967)
14. Sakamoto Desuga? #2 (63,359 / 552,496)
15. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan #7 (61,132)
16. Real #13 (54,736 / 389,391)
17. Kangoku Gakuen #11 (53,430)
18. World Trigger #3 (50,838)
19. Bunkou Stray Dogs #3 (45,264)
20. Nichijou #9 (45,011)
21. Yowamushi Pedal #31 (43,731)
22. Ohkiku Furikabutte #22 (42,472 / 293,099)
23. Terra Formars #7 (42,209 / 447,075)
24. Kanojo wa Uso o Koishi Sugiteru #13 (41,728 / 138,449)
25. One Piece #72 (39,853 / 2,539,544)
26. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo #188 (36,967)
27. Meitantei Conan #81 (36,760 / 428,052)
28. Saint Seiya Next Dimension Meiou Shinwa #8 (35,541)
29. Miseinen Dakedo Kodomo ja Nai #3 (33,553 / 117,079)
30. Kekkai Sensen #8 (33,415)
31. Jisatsutou #10 (32,789 / 65,009)
32. Pandora Hearts #21 (30,805 / 102,377)
33. Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai (28,966 / 386,115)
34. Sengoku Ichiryuuki #6 (27,780)
35. Yamikin Ushijima-kun #29 (27,220 / 55,767)
36. Sakamoto Desuga? #1 (26,759 / 984,285)
37. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #11 (26,643 / 191,645)
38. El Dlive #1 (26,202)
39. Dragon Quest X 4-koma Manga Gekijou (25,927)
40. Kantai Collection -Kankore- Comic À la carte Maizuru Chinjufu-hen #2 (24,352)
41. Shingeki no Kyojin #11 (23,059 / 1,496,986)
42. Shingeki no Kyojin Limited Edition #12 (22,127)
43. Spec~Close~ Kou no Hen #2 (21,923 / 22,426)
44. Dragon Jam #10 (21,094 / 39,648)
45. Billy Bat #13 (20,009 / 130,335)
46. Usokano #2 (19,616)
47. Jojonium #1 (19,374)
48. Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas Meiou Shinwa Gaiden #9 (19,193)
49. Trinity Seven 7-nin no Mahoutsukai #7 (19,124)
50. 12-sai。#3 (18,604 / 36,632)

Before someone asks about SnK 12, the volume was released on December 9th. Swagamoto 1 is so close to 1M now.

Oricon Commic Rankings December 2nd - December 8th

18. World Trigger #3 (50,838)

World Trigger exploding in popularity, already selling at 20K more than psyren v4 debuted, and 10k more than saiki kusuo v3, and only within 20K of medaka box and beelzebub comparable volumes. Perhaps World Trigger will soon be emerging as a 100K+ series in mere volumes and more. Its so good.

dumbyugi

05. Shokugeki no Souma #5 (187,865)

I really like that Souma is selling so well, in my opinion it's currently the best series running in WSJ.

Even if Bleach has fallen off in terms of popularity it still sells really well. I can't see jump rushing to end it unless Kubo is just getting tired of it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
And I wonder why he told Luffy that he can't have the fire fruit, instead of just saying go you're not needed here.

Clearly cause HE wants the fruit. Luffy's already got one, he doesn't need it. Despite being total bros, they're still rivals. He'll make sure the fruit doesn't fall into shitty hands, same as Luffy, but he'll be taking it for himself, thank you very much. He was buds with Ace before Luffy even showed up, he's got plenty of personal motivation to want to carry on that will.

ffdgh

One Piece
Seeing bellamy having been beating senseless with high heels is so hilarious.
So we know who the toy maker is.
bart is still hilarious.
That luffy face...OMG SABO!
What a nice throwback to seeing Koala as an adult.

Naruto
It's rather off putting as to how broken madara is =. How the heck could he summon susanoo without having his eyes and How the heck was he able to simply put his eye back in and it's reattached instantly?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even if Bleach has fallen off in terms of popularity it still sells really well. I can't see jump rushing to end it unless Kubo is just getting tired of it.

Authors have some degree of control over their own works though. Its not US comics, where you can't kill Spider-Man or make him permanently break up with Mary Jane.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Uhhhhh....

Not sure if serious...

Why not sure if serious

I've never read anything that suggested they could just keep running, say, Fullmetal Alchemist, if Arakawa wanted to make it end.

Kusagari

Naruto

I haven't even posted here in weeks and Naruto is still garbage. This entire chapter was just filler so the chapter could end with Madara magically plopping his eye in.

Bleach

Hey look, a Vaizard is being a moron and explaining their ability again. And look, it backfired horribly. Rose must take after Shinji.

At least Mask is cool.

One Piece

GODA and all that jazz.

Akito

Hinamatsuri 31
Oh man this is too absurd even for this manga's standard, Hitomi might as well be renamed to Superwoman.

Lain

Saw this on my twitter feed and felt like posting it here

BbPaoD4CIAES9A4.png:large

I'm conflicted. I agree some and disagree some. I agree that scanlations can and do hurt sales, especially when the scanlators don't drop licensed works.
There is also the mentality problem. One would expect that the people that claim to love a certain work or author, would go out and buy it when it is officially licensed, but that's not how most people behave, as one of the reasons for not buying something I have read sometimes, for example, is "I have already read scans of that, they should have brought one of his/her other works", which is silly to me.

On the other hand, I'm of the opinion that scanlations can and also help sometimes. They help with getting authors and works known, as well as getting the prospective buyer to avoid some crap titles. It's just, once a publisher has taken notice and decided to bring something over officially, scans should stop.

Pimpwerx

One Piece
Sabo being back this soon is surprising to me, but welcome. Are there any pics showing how Oda hinted his character in the past? I remember a lot of people guessed that he was a revolutionary, and I feel like we've seen him during the Robin war arc, as well as in covers. I'm hoping he's a badass.

Naruto
The rinnegan is going to go on for dozens of chapters, huh? Oh well. Nice attempt by the bijuu gang.

Bleach
Why explain your fucking bankai? You spend a thousand years perfecting it, just to tell everyone about it at the start of a fight. Ugh. At least we get to see how far Renji has progressed. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Naruto

This chapter makes no sense,

- Madara gets tossed about like nothing and doesn't show many signs of damage without susanoo
- Putting eyes into your head is easy as ABC, no medical ninjutsu required
- He can use Susanoo without any eyes? What?
Yeah... What the hell happened there? How could that even work? PEACE.

Eusis

Why not sure if serious
I think it's because Marvel's actually done either that or close enough with Spiderman recently, for example
that fucking convoluted comic line whose ultimate purpose was to annihilate Peter Parker and Mary Jane's marriage, and the fact they straight up killed Peter Parker in I think the Ultimate universe, then had Doctor Octopus successfully take over his body and keep it after killing Peter Parker in his body.

I only peek into threads about that stuff and read about what the readers say though, and tyr to fill in the blanks with Wikipedia. Though I imagine even at worst there'll be another comic line, or a movie/TV show that maintains that status quo everyone knows; regardless of what's going on in comicland we'll have the Amazing Spider-Man starring Peter Parker next year, and probably a reboot eventually that still stars Peter Parker.

Korosenai

One Piece
Sabo being back this soon is surprising to me, but welcome. Are there any pics showing how Oda hinted his character in the past? I remember a lot of people guessed that he was a revolutionary, and I feel like we've seen him during the Robin war arc, as well as in covers. I'm hoping he's a badass.

Back during Luffy's flashback, when Dragon picks up someone injured before he leaves Goa Kingdom. Also on a title page for volume 68 when Oda shows Ace's grave with the three cups of sake, which he showed again at the end of this chapter.

bleach as usual is crap.

naruto didn't quite make sense. really, the tailed beast used their tails instead of those ceros they usually blast off? remember how the 4th tail on naruto became like a dbz power wasteland and now they're doing kicks and headbutts? come on. oh well, there's got to be a set-up.

one piece as usual is the best.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think it's because Marvel's actually done either that or close enough with Spiderman recently, for example
that fucking convoluted comic line whose ultimate purpose was to annihilate Peter Parker and Mary Jane's marriage, and the fact they straight up killed Peter Parker in I think the Ultimate universe, then had Doctor Octopus successfully take over his body and keep it after killing Peter Parker in his body.

I only peek into threads about that stuff and read about what the readers say though, and tyr to fill in the blanks with Wikipedia. Though I imagine even at worst there'll be another comic line, or a movie/TV show that maintains that status quo everyone knows; regardless of what's going on in comicland we'll have the Amazing Spider-Man starring Peter Parker next year, and probably a reboot eventually that still stars Peter Parker.

The thing with
Otto in Peter's body is just a story line. It looks to be coming to a close in the next few arcs, with everything Otto's built crashing down around him in spectacular train wreck fashion.
It's a lot better than summaries make it sound.

Hinamatsuri 31

Hitomi-chan XD

#dead #icant

one piece

So Robin never bothered to tell Luffy about Sabo. I hate character, mostly SH interaction in this manga. They are largely worthless.

uh...luffy never told his crew that ace was his brother or garp was his grandfather...the characters had to appear and introduce themselves, which makes the reveal moments awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom