• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

The fullbringers were handled better then the vizored and it made sense to introduce a bunch of them. The plan was always to make them the villains of the arc and each one introduced gave us the chance to have a one on one fight with a fan favorite character when they returned at the end. The vizored should have been antagonist, and them training ichigo should have lead to them being actually allied with Aizen and have them be killed off by ichigo and captain team to defeat in one on one fights. Then when the arracar stuff got underway it would just be ichigo and captains we care about vs arracar.

Without turn back the pendulum there is literally zero reason to care or like any vizored who isn't Shinji. Even with it I still didn't care about most of them despite how well written the flashback was. Kubo never did anything meaningful with the characters outside of training Ichigo so they might as well not have existed at all.

The fullbringer arc was the lowest point of the Bleach Manga, just nonsense all around. So it doesn't matter if Kubo did what he set out to do, it just means he set out to include a bunch of unnecessary, flop characters no one could possibly care for and succeeded.

The potential of the Vizard alone and what could have been done with those characters is way above what was done with the fullbringers, even your proposed Vizard plot proves it.

Lion

Noblesse 307

I love to watch Frankie's fights. I always get a good laugh when he start making fun or trolling his opponents lol. But the Kings verdict steals the show in this chapter.

One Piece

Doesn't really come as a surprise that he is still alive but didn't expected to see him in this arc, the timing is perfect. Over 700 chapters and delivering good content still.

Naruto and Bleach, well...they used to be good.

The fullbringer arc was the lowest point of the Bleach Manga, just nonsense all around. So it doesn't matter if Kubo did what he set out to do, it just means he set out to include a bunch of unnecessary, flop characters no one could possibly care for and succeeded.

The potential of the Vizard alone and what could have been done with those characters is way above what was done with the fullbringers, even your proposed Vizard plot proves it.

Potential is meaningless if nothing is done with them, honestly the vizored could have been cut and Ichigo could have been trained by Urahara and the story wouldn't have changed in the slightest.

I wonder if Oda is ballsy enough to troll us that One Piece ACTUALLY is a treasure, like gold, valuables, etc.

"Wait! I though One Piece was a metaphorical journey of the pirates who searh for it!?"

"I never said it was. That was the conclusion you drew. *trollface*"

"D: !!"

It's not trolling. He's LITERALLY said it's an actual treasure of some sort. May not be a traditional one, in the monetary way, but it's something hyped as being extremely "valuable"

Lain

March Comes In Like A Lion vol 8
3Y1.jpeg

Lots of stuff happened and all of it was great, though what I appreciated the most was in the last chapter, which had nothing to do with Shogi.

I was hoping the match between
the Meijin Soya and Rei
would be shown in more detail, even if pieces of it are delivered after the outcome in flashbacks.
I still appreciated how, starting from that, we get to see a bit of
Soya's behaviour
, as well as some info about him.

Nikaido was awesome
winning like that after finally getting discharged from the hospital

Shimada vs Yanagihara
was a great match which captured so well the old guard versus the new guard and not wanting to give up.

But as I said, the last chapter for me was the best, with the Kawamoto's selling candy at a fair. To hell with Shogi, I want the Kawamoto's sister all day, every day!

It's not trolling. He's LITERALLY said it's an actual treasure of some sort. May not be a traditional one, in the monetary way, but it's something hyped as being extremely "valuable"

The word treasure is used a lot in One Piece, especially in the early parts. Luffy said many, many times that his hat is his treasure, and he made assumptions of what certain characters' treasures were.

I doubt One Piece is gold or such. They've hinted pretty heavily at what it is. Carefully read what Rayleigh, Luffy and even Jimbei have said, and pay note to the short conversations we've seen between Whitebeard and Roger. Then you have the poneglyphs, the weapons of mass destruction and the will of D. All of this will come together. Also, Luffy says "the pirate king is the most free man on the seas" or the like many times. That's also connected.

I have a good picture of what the One Piece is. I could be very wrong, but I've read through the manga so many times and there are so many subtle hints.

The word treasure is used a lot in One Piece, especially in the early parts. Luffy said many, many times that his hat is his treasure, and he made assumptions of what certain characters' treasures were.

I doubt One Piece is gold or such. They've hinted pretty heavily at what it is. Carefully read what Rayleigh, Luffy and even Jimbei have said, and pay note to the short conversations we've seen between Whitebeard and Roger. Then you have the poneglyphs, the weapons of mass destruction and the will of D. All of this will come together. Also, Luffy says "the pirate king is the most free man on the seas" or the like many times. That's also connected.

I have a good picture of what the One Piece is. I could be very wrong, but I've read through the manga so many times and there are so many subtle hints.

Yeah, except the answer was in response to a question about whether it was an actual treasure or not. It's not going to be simply something treasured by Gold Roger or something corny and sentimental like that. I agree it won't be gold or anything like that though

Assassination Classroom 68
tumblr_mxns99CDR81qbxqfpo1_500.png

Had almost thought they would actually shoot but then I remembered the series, so that knocking down of the fixture was nice. The doll part was good too and as usual, Terasaka moments are entertaining.

one piece

So Robin never bothered to tell Luffy about Sabo. I hate character, mostly SH interaction in this manga. They are largely worthless.

Naruto

Madara can summon Susanoo without eyes. Madara is too O P and now he has the rinnegan he will be unstoppable. Not to mention he can take a hell of a beating. He is a tank.

That always strikes me as a dumb excuse. If you are not interested you would not be reading it. Period.

Bleach

Hell to the yeah, Rose released his bankai. Mask is just too awesome. And Dat Renji final panel. I am the villain, hell yeah Renji. Oh, and shooting a star beam from Mask´s head is awesome.
Rose´s bankai is too hax. It turns illusion into reality. A lot of people thought Aizen´s bankai might do that. Rose just beat Aizen to the punch lol.

Please point to the chapter where Luffy ever mentions Sabo to Robin?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how in Yamada, Shiraishi acts like Yamada should have known that she had the hots for him, despite the fact that 5 pages earlier, she expressed the belief that Yamada was "pretending to like her" while she was memory-wiped.

daveo42

Banned
Please point to the chapter where Luffy ever mentions Sabo to Robin?

That didn't need to happen. Sabo would know who Robin is and is affiliated with, at least after the events of Enies Lobby and Shabaody. Even without those events, she's known as the Demon of Ohara and had a remarkable bounty on her head from a very young age because she could read the poneglyphs and survived the incident at Ohara.

Robin is someone that could easily be identified by any of the revolutionaries or marines.

Edit: Luffy has also said explicitly that he doesn't really care about the pasts of his crew members beyond the fact that they are now is nakama and all that stuff doesn't matter anymore. Meaning that Luffy hasn't really shared his past with the crew and no one in the crew has really shared theirs either. Remember W7 when everyone found out that Luffy was Garp's grandson.

bjork

That didn't need to happen. Sabo would know who Robin is and is affiliated with, at least after the events of Enies Lobby and Shabaody. Even without those events, she's known as the Demon of Ohara and had a remarkable bounty on her head from a very young age because she could read the poneglyphs and survived the incident at Ohara.

Robin is someone that could easily be identified by any of the revolutionaries or marines.

Doesn't mean Sabo was around when Robin was. He could've been off somewhere, like how Ace was off somewhere for a while.

Yonafunu

Bleach

Holy moly this was a bad chapter. Incredible.

So when and why the fuck did the Vizard stop using their Hollow masks/powers? Because this shit is just ridiculous.

daveo42

Banned
Doesn't mean Sabo was around when Robin was. He could've been off somewhere, like how Ace was off somewhere for a while.

That's been pointed out, though I think he had at least met her once based on the conversation between Sabo and Koala at the end of 731. I'd even suspect that Sabo would go as far as trying to meet Robin just to check on how Luffy's doing. I'm sure if he didn't meet her initially, word spread within the revolutionaries that Nico Robin was meeting with Monkey D. Dragon.

TEdit: Luffy has also said explicitly that he doesn't really care about the pasts of his crew members beyond the fact that they are now is nakama and all that stuff doesn't matter anymore. Meaning that Luffy hasn't really shared his past with the crew and no one in the crew has really shared theirs either. Remember W7 when everyone found out that Luffy was Garp's grandson.

Very good point. I think I'm on the side that says Luffy's never even mentioned Sabo to the crew yet.

bjork

That's been pointed out, though I think he had at least met her once based on the conversation between Sabo and Koala at the end of 731. I'd even suspect that Sabo would go as far as trying to meet Robin just to check on how Luffy's doing. I'm sure if he didn't meet her initially, word spread within the revolutionaries that Nico Robin was meeting with Monkey D. Dragon.

Maybe we'll get some kind of flashbacks before the arc is over. Too soon to tell what his angle is, I think.

One Piece
SABO-KUN :D

Naruto 650-658
Redemption through death, go Obito !
Madara's real bad guy, who thought ?

Wagatsuma-san ore no yome 61-62
GO AOSHIMA

Yamada 81-90
Twists !
Boobs !
Fanservice !
THE END
is it ?
Next chapter : OH NOES WITCH POWER COMES BACK
Seriously though, apart from an epilogue, I don't see what you could tell
If we consider it to be the end of the series, I really liked it. I found it charming and the author knew whent to stop, unlike Yankee-kun to Megane-Chan

bjork

Maybe that never really happened? That fake Aizen guy got killed and then suddenly they were back as captains or whatever. (this is really fuzzy and likely way off)

UQ Holder 14-15
Kaito : Your movements are shit ! These are bad !
Touta : Give me a break, I just began today by copying it, I only saw it once a month ago !
Kaito *completely serious* : Woah ! That's amazing ! You must be a natural !

Kaito has got to be Rakan's descendant ha ha. Also glad to see Akamatsu's trademark clothes destroying wasn't lost ha ha.

Kyuur

Bleach

Holy moly this was a bad chapter. Incredible.

So when and why the fuck did the Vizard stop using their Hollow masks/powers? Because this shit is just ridiculous.

Maybe Urahara / Mayuri found some way to de-hollowfy them? That's the only logical explanation I can see. You'd think they'd be going into berserk mode like Ichigo after getting owned so hard.

daveo42

Banned
Maybe we'll get some kind of flashbacks before the arc is over. Too soon to tell what his angle is, I think.

It's probably be quickly covered in like 1-2 pages at most, with Robin say she knew and met him and didn't think to bring it up and Luffy's "Bwaaaah!?" reaction to the whole thing. Laughing commences.

You are right though, it's still a bit early and I hope we get some clarification by the end of this arc.

Eusis

Maybe Urahara / Mayuri found some way to de-hollowfy them? That's the only logical explanation I can see. You'd think they'd be going into berserk mode like Ichigo after getting owned so hard.
May also have been allowed back as captains on the condition they wouldn't use it again, which might explain why the others stayed behind (beyond the fact Kubo needed to plug up Captain vacancies and TRY to cut down on his character overload anyway), but given the Seireitei literally vanished, they had been curbstomped immediately prior, and the Quincies are especially vulnerable to Hollows it'd be extremely stupid to keep following such a restriction anyway.

I actually kind of suspect Kubo just got bored of the idea and decided to pretend it didn't exist anymore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hollows are Quincies weakness

Visored don't use Hollow power when fighting Quincies

CHECKS OUT

m16owk9.jpg

Korosenai

One Piece

The superior translation confirms that Sabo was crying before talking to Koala. I guess he was happy to see Luffy? And I wonder why he told Luffy that he can't have the fire fruit, instead of just saying go you're not needed here. He also said they must carry on his (Ace's) will. Does the revolutionary army want to carry on Ace's will? Or just Sabo and some of the people from the Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom