• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

Ability Shop oneshot

Really wish this wasn't just a oneshot. Tashiro's art is pretty good, not on a par with his Akame ga Kiru stuff but it's still nice, plus the tale it tells in a short span is really, really interesting. Inept guy gets seduced by the lure of a shop that sells 'abilities', that make him smarter/stronger/etc, but they cost him a period of his life. Given more time there could've been huge potential to explore the implications of these new abilities, but even in this, the oneshot still provides some pretty nice tension and towards the end I wasn't sure which way the story was gonna end up, which is always refreshing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Karate Minoru

TiQEcsI.png

Well.

Huh.

Can't say pedro is the greatest treatment for a gay character in the world, so I wonder how they'll treat a transgendered character.

Kyne

the gif was more to express the shots that I felt that were being fired :c ... not the art style.

Oda's style is definitely unique.. but there aren't many artists that can get my heart racing.

Antiwhippy

Matsuri special END

Man, either the dailogue is fucking terrible or the translation is fucking terrible, because some plot points barely connect at all, so I'll blame the translation. Still, kind of a messy manga, like how the hell isn't the father arrested for breaking child labour laws by forcing his teenage daughter wrestle, and the whole "Spirit of wrestling" wasn't handled well at all, but overall I enjoyed it as a weird pro wrestling love story. Mostly because the right couple won, which I was afraid wouldn't happen because it's goddamn shoujo.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 287-289

Mangoku finally getting killed was cathartic as fuck but the ghost stuff was still dumb (even if it was a metaphor.)

Blade Play 39

Yeah, it's pretty clear the author doesn't give a fuck about plot coherency anymore which really isn't a bad thing given this series.

Log Horizon 4

serara2moe

Antiwhippy

Well, at least they didn't introduce him as serial rapist who uses violence to violate people against their will.

So there's that.

upandaway

Well, at least they didn't introduce him as serial rapist who uses violence to violate people against their will.

So there's that.
I actually skipped the whole volume of his introduction without noticing it (I think it was v5), I did find it weird that a buff brazilian guy was suddenly there but I didn't go back to it until later after a prompt in the thread. I felt like god gave me a gift and I ruined it.

Antiwhippy

Haha, I think I had the same experience as you. First time reading through and then when they go on a training trip, I went "wait, why is there suddenly a buff brazillian dude trying to rape minoru?".

Lain

Keijo!!!!!!!! 1

Took somebody long enough to pick up this butt wrestling manga. The MC is better than I expected from such a series and the art can be rough at times but it did deliver when things matter.

The manga I needed in my life.

Iron Knight 2
BbSugXRCUAAJYLZ.png

Aw hes really good lead and could really feel and everything how he was slowly starting to get more and more lonely and having a difficult time keeping up his fun and antics as the days went on. His whole ability naming thing was funny.

Sadly, having a rabbit loli is a terrible move for the writer to make

The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays 242.

Void is an interesting texhnique, but I dont know why he thinks we should be impressed by Mibuchi more than Midorima. I really want to see Akashi's sexond ability and how Kuroko will defeat him. Since there is no way they are loaing this game. Even though the mangaka said in an interview a while back that he doesn't know how to defeat Akashi. The Generation of Miracles are really something...

Keijo!!!!!!!! 1

This is pretty much exactly what the description says. The main character seems fun as do the other characters who seem like they'll be important. The art is pretty nice as well. One character in the pro match uses a move she called Ass Gatling, just so you know what type of series this will be. The matches seem to be mostly focused on butts but I'm sure breasts will get there time to shine in the future.

Oh, never knew this was an actual sport. I just remember this in that gender bender series with the aliens and the crappy main character.

Also, lol that Sengran Kagura gif.

The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays 242.

Void is an interesting texhnique, but I dont know why he thinks we should be impressed by Mibuchi more than Midorima. I really want to see Akashi's sexond ability and how Kuroko will defeat him. Since there is no way they are loaing this game. Even though the mangaka said in an interview a while back that he doesn't know how to defeat Akashi. The Generation of Miracles are really something...

Kuroko and the team will lose the game. The gen of miracles are boring for the most part.

One Piece

The long ago easily predicted happenings have finally occurred, Sabo a revolutionary and is going to get Ace's fruit. That it was so predictable doesn't make it any less awesome though! Also, most definitely did not predict he'd come into the fold this soon, most especially this arc. I expected Luffy to hold on to it for sentimental reasons and to keep it from others and then Sabo comes swooping in to save the day in a future arc and Luffy hands it over at the end of the arc. Nope! Shit's getting real a lot sooner. Man, the way this arc is shaping up it's probably going to catapult itself into my top 2 favorite arcs of the series. I can't wait to see how involved the Big Mom situation gets and how involved the revolutionaries will get outside of retrieving the fruit. You'd think taking Doflo down would be huge enough for one arc as it's no small feet but Oda had bigger plans for this arc, damn.

Naruto

What craziness will it take to bring down Madara? I think we have finally found someone they can't straight up talk no jutsu. Well, to be fair, Obito didn't get completed defeated by talk no jutsu, it had greater affect after he lost though it did help a bit with getting the bijuus out of him. I'm waiting to see if there's an explanation on how Madara summoned Susanoo without eyes, if Kishi doesn't bother than this chapter was shit for that reason alone. We will see but hopefully this will be a good fight and won't be overly drawn out as talk no jutsu should have less of a place here and we've already had all the Madara and First's flashbacks.

Bleach

Ok, this started out as dumb but not it's straight up ruining any chance of me getting enjoyment from the fights at all, this idiotic explaining how your moves work to the enemy. This opponent was a brainless brute and the captain would have curb stomped him with the illusionary bankai if the retard just didn't tell him how it worked. It literally cost him the fight and would have his life if not for Renji. That's just too stupid and annoying to tolerate. The only thing not shit in this chapter is Renji's entrance, always bad ass in mangas/animes when a strong protagonist shoots in just in time to effortlessly deflect a strong attack and you know your about to see the fruits of their power up labor.

Fairy Tail

While disappointed we didn't get heavy into dragons after all, I will say that a demon guild related to the primary antagonist is interesting enough. Definitely a more compelling plot than the past who knows how many arcs.

HSDK

Where is it? I believe there was only supposed to be a 1 week hiatus.

Lain

Speaking of hometowns

Keijo!!!!!!!! 1

This delivered all the hometowns I needed and then some. Nozomi seems like a cool female MC. That other dude embarrassed himself at the speed of light.
The match against Judo girl and her strong backside was interesting, though not as cool as the gatling ass action from the main match. The last move between Nozomi and Judo girl was plenty fine though.

Thanks Dumbyugi for high-lightning such a promising series!

LeleSocho

Banned
*Discredits gif of OFFCIAL ANIME*
*Posts BLATANT example of fanart*

Is this a joke that I'm missing?!

Blatant?
For someone who has never read OP that could easily be official art.
Luffy is identical
Remove the big smile from Robin and she's also identical
Fix the nose and idem for Nami
The only one that is apparently different from Oda's drawing is Zoro but again that's only if you follow OP and see Oda's work every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom