• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I would like to preface this post by saying I do not have an NTR fetish.

I'm looking for recommendations for a magna series where the main male character has a girlfriend who has either cheated or is cheating on him and the M.C. is left to pick up the pieces. Something with as much bite as the
Yuri arc
of NOZOKI ANA but complex circumstances like in Kimi No Iru Machi may also work.

Well man besides the obvious denial there is another problem with your request lol.

Most mangas simply don't do NTR, you are better of watching Hentai or reading Hentai Doujins for that kind of story.

Off the top of my head, Initial D comes the closest and that doesn't even really count considering the Girl isn't the MC's girlfriend. It does break him up for a bit though so maybe you will enjoy it.

Its a fantasy racing manga and the event happens about 200 chapters in or something like that. Its been a while since I finished it.

Most mangas with the exception of some seinen manga such as Berserk avoid sex and relationships excluding comedy/harems and ecchi ones of course.

I don't remember the last manga I read that involved cheating in any way between the MC and his lover. Stupid stuff in Rage Town doesn't count as Haruto never goes all the way with the women throwing themselves at him.

upandaway

Yamada 59

I.. I don't know about that. He knew everything about everything and everything in the everything and didn't say anything up until now? I don't.. know about that. I don't know about that, man. That doesn't feel right.

Aho Girl 1-12

A 4koma manga bout a really dumb girl and her best friend that tries badly to make her study, hilarity ensues. The jokes were pretty funny, the art is nice and clean and the facial and body expression, especially from A-kun(the guy) and Yoshiko(gal who enjoys bananas), really top the cake and make it even more funnier. Here's a bit:

21K0ara.png

IHaveIce

Banned
First, I would like to preface this post by saying I do not have an NTR fetish.

I'm looking for recommendations for a magna series where the main male character has a girlfriend who has either cheated or is cheating on him and the M.C. is left to pick up the pieces. Something with as much bite as the
Yuri arc
of NOZOKI ANA but complex circumstances like in Kimi No Iru Machi may also work.
Read Blush-/DC or how it is called, for more shock read the original H-manga

Theonik

Nozoki Ana 117
And yeah this is over now. Already read the raws so I knew what happened but some decent dialogue I missed which was nice added context.
I'm not solid on my thoughts for this series, it definitely had its moments but much of it was also such BS. Still I don't regret reading it I guess.

upandaway

Yamada 64

Am I missing something? Why aren't they doing this:
- Have the sister write the witch's name on a piece of paper
- Give that paper to the president without looking at it

edit: well. nothing happens the way i expect anymore.

edit 2: amnesia plots are so annoying. i don't think i've ever liked a single one, seriously.

Glass Rebel

Kingdom 290-292

motherf-

sgisl1r.png

and then she promptly broke that guy's neck with a kick, told the 1st army to kill Tou or be executed and went her way, not moving her own army. What a cunt. Hope she gets chopped in half and I don't really expect her plan to go as smoothly, not with Mubou, Kanki and Ousen around. Especially the latter has shown practically nothing since his first appearance.

Shit is about to go down and now we have to wait two weeks D: They deserved it though, some of the best and fastest scanlations around.

Ten Count 4

Looks like trying to get two list items done simultaneously was a bit too much at once. I initially assumed the manga would cover one list item per chapter but I see it won't be taking that route. Cheering for Shirotani to eventually overcome his mysophobia. This manga's encouraging me to overcome my own phobia as well.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 107

So I never planned on reading this series but my curiosity finally took hold. Have to say it's enjoyable just waiting to see how everything implodes no matter how hard he tries. I feel like I should be cheering for Minamoto, but it's so much more entertaining when it doesn't work out.

scy

Kingdom, 290-292 - "Attrition" here is most likely "make Han finally fucking attack."

I hope she dies a horrible death by Kanki.

Aunt Tits 107 - RIP

Ten Count 4

Looks like trying to get two list items done simultaneously was a bit too much at once. I initially assumed the manga would cover one list item per chapter but I see it won't be taking that route. Cheering for Shirotani to eventually overcome his mysophobia. This manga's encouraging me to overcome my own phobia as well.

I was wanting it to go one by one but then he started to jump around the list so I guess it could have been expected he try to even be more ambitious. Oh well hopefully they can get chp 5 out fast (though there are various summaries of it), the pain of being caught up on the series and then waiting monthly for each chapter :(

upandaway

Yamada (caught up (again))

Well look at that. The past few chapters have been a bundle of excitement and happiness! Feels like an RPG where you gather up teammates, haha. Empowerment feels pretty darn gosh good, and there's even a convenient last boss.

Anyway I like this manga a lot, but some things are still just weird. The president forcing people to know all 7 witches when he doesn't want anyone to know all 7 witches. They let his secretary have her way with all of them when they really don't owe her anything. Leona shutting herself at home just to avoid losing her memories of the witches. And of course, no one knowing the capabilities of Yamada's copy powers, even the president. But, well, I've dismissed worse in order to enjoy a story, so it's not that bad. I'm loving this so far.

edit: oh whoops, mu fooled me. i've been reading on crunchy but i thought the latest chapter was 82 when it's 90. cool~

I was wanting it to go one by one but then he started to jump around the list so I guess it could have been expected he try to even be more ambitious. Oh well hopefully they can get chp 5 out fast (though there are various summaries of it), the pain of being caught up on the series and then waiting monthly for each chapter :(

Yeah with the current pacing I honestly don't know how long it's planned to be. The mangaka is one of my favorites so my biased hope is that it'll be longer, but I wonder how long a concept like this could be stretched. As long as the monthly updates stay consistent, I'll be happy. At least it's not being serialized in a quarterly magazine!

Kieli

Is it just me, or is the quality of the binding for Vinland Saga a bit shoddy?

Every time I open the first few pages, I can hear the spine crackling like crazy. I don't think that's a good sign... It feels like it's gonna fall apart after a few reads.

upandaway

Yamada (caught up (again))

edit: oh whoops, mu fooled me. i've been reading on crunchy but i thought the latest chapter was 82 when it's 90. cool~
That was.. an ending, pretty much. Didn't expect that. This was pretty neat. My timing was amazing, if I may say this for myself.
Still no answer as to why the witches system existed in the first place, but now I'm not sure if that's ever gonna happen. Even if it's just an epilogue left I'm satisfied.

Akito

Maybe you heard about it but the guy who was terrorizing Kuroko no Basket's author and its fans was caught recently, guess what his motivation was, jealousy.

The Mainichi Shimbun newspaper reported on Monday that 36-year-old Hirofumi Watanabe, the suspect arrested in the Kuroko's Basketball threat letter case, told police, "I was jealous about [Tadatoshi Fujimaki's] success."

Mainichi said that a threat letter sent to the newspaper in October contained sentences such as "Fujimaki, who leads a blessed life, versus me, who has never been loved by anyone," and "A rebel against the most valuable life in Japan today by the least valuable one." Fujimaki himself had said he had no idea about the suspect's motive in the case. According to Mainichi, the suspect is reportedly not acquainted with Fujimaki.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...tball-suspect/i-was-jealous-of-author-success

What a shitty written villain (at least if that's all to it).

upandaway

Maybe you heard about it but the guy who was terrorizing Kuroko no Basket's author and its fans was caught recently, guess what his motivation was, jealousy.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...tball-suspect/i-was-jealous-of-author-success

What a shitty written villain (at least if that's all to it).
This is hard to wrap my head around. Is he a mangaka who tried a basketball manga and failed? What could possibly brought him to specifically chase this one guy? There has to be some similarity between them somewhere.

This is hard to wrap my head around. Is he a mangaka who tried a basketball manga and failed? What could possibly brought him to specifically chase this one guy? There has to be some similarity between them somewhere.

Maybe he was jealous of the success and wanted to have some fun. I hope they dont try to keep pursuing the story as it would be good to quickly forget all this happened to such a cherished and definitive sports series. I hope it wont happen to Haikyuu!!

Wiseblade

My ears eyes are prepared for the things.
Okay, here goes...

It's good.

But seriously, I'm really enjoying it. Kingdom effortlessly puts all the "war" arcs in other shonen to shame. The sense of scale, the brutality, the strategy, the influence of an individual... Kingdom really carves a good niche for itself in my reading list.

I'm not saying it's realistic; sometimes named characters cut through the unwashed hordes in a way that would make Ninety Nine Nights 2 look like your typical hack and slash title. But it remains believable. When Moubu tears a hole in an enemy formation, instead of thinking "No one man can do all of that!", you're just thinking "Yep, Moubu is a BEAST".

It's a really fun read.

I'll let you pop my Pokemon star if that's what you want, you just need to ask
I'm a Pokémon and WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom