• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
are we getting jump stuff this week?

We should be.
This is the time of year where Jump does two double issues in a row and we get a lot of breaks.

Meaning we get a break next week, then Jump in two weeks, then another break in three weeks, and then things should go back to normal.

Berserk 1-58

This is an old manga, but it looks incredible! Sometimes I forgot I wasn't reading a manga that was released currently. Also, I finally know why Gutts is so mad all the time. I still have to get a little deeper, but it seems I got the first half of why.

Speaking of the past few chapters.
I knew this was going to happen, Griffith messes up. How the heck did he come up with the idea to sleep with the princess!? He had everything in his hands, and he did that out of nowhere. That's completely baffling. Lastly, it seems the king is trying to sleep with his daughter. That was probably the most uncomfortable chapter I've read yet, especially his face during the whole thing.

Btw, I'm a fast reader. I think this took me 3hrs to read.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Berserk 1-58

This is an old manga, but it looks incredible! Sometimes I forgot I wasn't reading a manga that was released currently. Also, I finally know why Gutts is so mad all the time. I still have to get a little deeper, but it seems I got the first half of why.

Speaking of the past few chapters.
I knew this was going to happen, Griffith messes up. How the heck did he come up with the idea to sleep with the princess!? He had everything in his hands, and he did that out of nowhere. That's completely baffling. Lastly, it seems the king is trying to sleep with his daughter. That was probably the most uncomfortable chapter I've read yet, especially his face during the whole thing.

Btw, I'm a fast reader. I think this took me 3hrs to read.

My man, you haven't even gotten to the mindfucks yet.

Mortemis

Banned
Kubera S2 68 & 69

Shit's about to go down! Kubera vs. Maruna is go now, I doubt she'll do much but I kinda just want Yuto to come and interrupt the whole thing. Btw, the author looks like she just wants to ship Agni x Gandharva a lot...

All this talk about Berserk just reminded me that I need to get to bulk reading the whole thing sooner or later.

Aizo

Banned
Dunno yet! I'm gonna have to think of my portables now that I'm discharged finally, I need a laptop too. Everything waits till I start working, though.
I had to go find the thread, but congratulations!!!!!!
I'm glad you're alive, man! :D
these are getting out of hand lately.
Like My Balls?
722G4Th.gif

upandaway

What in the holy name of upandaway are you doing?
hey there

I had to go find the thread, but congratulations!!!!!!
I'm glad you're alive, man! :D
I got really lucky after half a year and got stationed in probably the safest and calmest base, so I wasn't in any danger.. I think. Someone did kill himself in the building next to us during training which was the stuff of nightmares but it's all over with now. You better not post the th- aw man you just did. That's.. super embarrassing.

Ya'll stop going OT c'mon shush

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
hey there

I got really lucky after half a year and got stationed in probably the safest and calmest base, so I wasn't in any danger.. I think. Someone did kill himself in the building next to us during training which was the stuff of nightmares but it's all over with now. You better not post the th- aw man you just did. That's.. super embarrassing.

Ya'll stop going OT c'mon shush

Congrats man!

upandaway

Beelzebub 228

Beelzebub humor is so good. I have to calm down now, my stomach hurts.

edit: caught up
Looks to be approaching some manner of a final arc. We're far enough that it can end by the next cancellation batch, even, though it's not likely at all. I'll miss you beelzebub.

Aizo

Banned
I'm currently on chapter 205 (vol. 22), and I'll probably do my weekly volume reading tonight. Are the worst moments yet to come, or does it die down now since Haruto overcame his fear of sex? Please tell me where it starts just getting boring because I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop it at the end of this month.

upandaway

Nisekoi 73

While I'm at it I might as well have some fun, I'll try and predict for myself all the chapters based on the first 3 pages. It's my terrible speculation skills versus Nisekoi's originality!

retcon
....y'know what, 3 pages is too much. i'll try 1.

upandaway

You're just doing this on purpose now

Nisekoi

Well, now that the an even cuter version of her exists, Onodera has nothing to go on anymore

bigkrev

I'm currently on chapter 205 (vol. 22), and I'll probably do my weekly volume reading tonight. Are the worst moments yet to come, or does it die down now since Haruto overcame his fear of sex? Please tell me where it starts just getting boring because I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop it at the end of this month.

Remember when I said I would read this with you?

Man I was on some bad drugs then

Erigu

Naruto 659
It keeeeeeeeeeps draaaaaaaaaaaaagiiiiiiiiiing onnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnn
Man, you weren't kidding. Some more "sure, I'll use two whole pages on each beast getting hit one after the other and nothing else, why not?", unnecessary explanations and flashbacks because the characters apparently aren't really paying attention to what's happening to them...

Aizo

Banned
Remember when I said I would read this with you?

Man I was on some bad drugs then
Remember when I wrote one of the longest posts I've ever written raging about you leaving me behind. There was this huge metaphor about climbing a mountain... you were my backstabbing Sherpa assistant... something something...
I remember that.
I'll never forget.
Ever.
Nisekoi

Well, now that the an even cuter version of her exists, Onodera has nothing to go on anymore
If you're talking about Haru, I'm gonna shoot projectile tears at you.

Naruto

Do you ever get that feeling of Deja Vu?

One Piece

Sticking with my prediction that Jimbei will show up and join the crew here, at least it seems like we should be able to get everyone on Dressrosa a 1 on 1 fight.

Mael

Only One Piece is any good.

I haven't read a chapter as useless as this week's Bleach in a long time and I liked the fake Karakura arc or the fullbringers.
Naruto is lolworthy.
Why do I even read Naruto or Bleach these days?

e:
I'm sure Bleach can be salvaged with the good translation but Naruto is pure trash this week.
I wouldn't use it to wipe my ass, the stench is already strong enough.

mjontrix

Bleach was decent.

Loved the references!

One Piece was also decent.

Naruto however... oh god that was bad.

Madara Solos vol.4.

What was the point of Kabuto summoning anyone else if Madara could've just Soloed the entire Army?

Bleach

So we literally had two vizored job just to make Renji look more awesome, and it worked for me. I've always like Renji so getting so see him be a bad ass makes me excited.

mjontrix

Because there was risk in using him?
Like how he got out of his control and all that?

Only lost control after the jutsu was undone.

With the level of control he had ESPECIALLY if he only focused on the one Edo Tensei he would've been fine.

Doesn't matter - after eyeless Susanoo I'm just reading the manga for the trainwreck it has become. And the 4th Shinobi War had so much potential. I'm blaming the Editors for this one as it seemed they just wanted to keep stretching out the manga (Since Jump only really has One Piece left as the moneymaker, and MAYBE Bleach, and that's me saying it as a Bleach mark).

At this point Kuroko Basketball (whatever it's called) might become Jump's flagship manga if anything ever happened to Oda... scary thought.

Mael

Only lost control after the jutsu was undone.

With the level of control he had ESPECIALLY if he only focused on the one Edo Tensei he would've been fine.

Orochimaru could barely control Tobirama and Hashirama could do whatever the fuck he wanted since the beginning.
Madara being Madara would have broken through if he wanted to.

Doesn't matter - after eyeless Susanoo I'm just reading the manga for the trainwreck it has become. And the 4th Shinobi War had so much potential. I'm blaming the Editors for this one as it seemed they just wanted to keep stretching out the manga (Since Jump only really has One Piece left as the moneymaker, and MAYBE Bleach, and that's me saying it as a Bleach mark).

At this point Kuroko Basketball (whatever it's called) might become Jump's flagship manga if anything ever happened to Oda... scary thought.

The 4th Shinobi war is made that way to fuel the anime (which is really more bearable I think) and other stuffs.
No one really care about Bleach anymore (and seeing this rote clichéd chapter why should they anyway).
So yeah if something happen to Goda they'll have to find something quick...like IDK maybe take Togashi out of retirement or something.

Orochimaru could barely control Tobirama and Hashirama could do whatever the fuck he wanted since the beginning.
Madara being Madara would have broken through if he wanted to.

The 4th Shinobi war is made that way to fuel the anime (which is really more bearable I think) and other stuffs.
No one really care about Bleach anymore (and seeing this rote clichéd chapter why should they anyway).
So yeah if something happen to Goda they'll have to find something quick...like IDK maybe take Togashi out of retirement or something.
Or Inoue returning to Slam Dunk.

One Piece is crazy. I have no idea how this arc will end or transistion to Big Mom and or Kaidou.

One Piece:

Decent set up chapter but damn it Oda, I WANNA SEE SABO.

Naruto

Blah blah deja vu, blah blah moon's eye plan, blah blah Obito-my-pawn blah blah

Bleach

Another whole chapter fight finished with a one-liner. Holy shit.

One Piece

I suppose we'll Sabo in 2 or 3 more chapters, for now, lets focus on the fights! First being Franky and now wondering who Usopp heard.

Bleach
How did he hear the cheers with his eardrums popped? Why didnt Renji just cut him when he had the goddamn chance? :L

Naruto
Predicting the 2 with surviving Jinchuriki will just go back and shrink away from the chain.

Korosenai

One Piece

I guess those were Kaidos ships in the harbour. Pretty cool seeing that they were animals. Also, Senor Pink is awesome, but I cant wait to see Franky SUPER kick his ass.

Blech

How did Renji...? Okay, it's Bleach, there is no need for any semblence of narrative consistancy...

Last time we saw Renji he passed the training Ichigo failed, so be was able to "move on" while Ichigo got sent back to the human world to meet his dad for everything but the rain. Renji being super powerful now makes sense

Raxus

One Piece

Sticking with my prediction that Jimbei will show up and join the crew here, at least it seems like we should be able to get everyone on Dressrosa a 1 on 1 fight.

By the breakdown of the army there is one for the big 3 to fight but with Sanji out of commission until further notice I am assuming it Jinbei would be perfect against a super executive.

I also predict Franky will be immune to the toy powers because he already looks like a toy.

Bleach

Wow, Renji may actually win a fight. This has to be the final arc.

Naruto

The Energizer of arcs. It just keeps going and going and going...

Or Inoue returning to Slam Dunk.

I liked how Inoue ended Slam Dunk so I'd rather that series be left in peace. Real seems to be doing well enough that I'd doubt he'd abandon his seinen basketball manga and go back to Shonen Jump.

Assassination Classroom and Kuroko's Basketball seem to be doing well enough to carry the magazine for the time being for when Naruto and Bleach finally wind down, but I doubt anything would be able to fill the gap left by Oda if/when it does happen. Those are some huge shoes to fill in regards to popularity and sales.

Naruto

Not Gedo Mazo again!!!!!!! At least Madara is kicking ass so that´s always something.

Bleach

Renji is awesome and got a massive upgrade. I guess the RG realm training gives massive power up. James is finally dead.

one piece

Very good. Vergo was the highest executive. Baby (pacifier) guy has earth earth fruit?
The Daflamingo gang seems very powerful. Great, that should be a real test for the SH power and how much they improved after the time skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom