• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

How's the tablet Wise? I'm curious about how the screen size is working out
It's great. The 8" screen is virtually the same dimensions as a page of a manga volume, so it was perfect for reading this week's Jump International. Western comics are closer to the 10" version, but that's too unwieldy for me. Fortunately, comics are still more than readable on this screen and guided reading modes are pretty decent these days.

Worlds better than reading on my desktop screen or my 4" phone.

upandaway

Swagamoto 6-7

That trick with the TV was pretty amazing. The "villains" are increasing in their eccentricity which is a bit worrying, but alas.

upandaway

Beelzebub 202

S39JXos.png

The fact they're so casual about it is what makes it. No one even comments on it anymore.

Assassination Classroom 69

How is that reveal even possible, of all the characters? I dont think Id ever been able to guess, the shilouetting makes sense for building up this shocking reveal.

I hope Terasaka can stay strong and deliver a winning move, and as usual Karma kun.
Bbo_jbPCQAAL2DC.png

Wiseblade

Dunno yet! I'm gonna have to think of my portables now that I'm discharged finally, I need a laptop too. Everything waits till I start working, though.
You're discharged? Congratulations! (Is that the right response? ) I don't remember you making a thread about it though, but you did mention it in ManGAF.

I'm not really a fan of Laptops. The Desktop/Tablet/Smartphone combo seems like the right way to go to me. Laptops just fall into the chasm between tablets and desktops, not really justifying itself over one if you have the other.

wonzo

Banned
WItch Craft Works 14-25

Ugh, the meandering nature of the earlier chapters was far more entertaining than this shitty, boring arc. At least the art's still great to look at.

Mob Psycho 100 14

DIMPLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why one wWHYYYYYYYYY

damnyoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.gif

I'll let you pop my Pokemon star if that's what you want, you just need to ask

these are getting out of hand lately

Okay, here goes...

It's good.

But seriously, I'm really enjoying it. Kingdom effortlessly puts all the "war" arcs in other shonen to shame. The sense of scale, the brutality, the strategy, the influence of an individual... Kingdom really carves a good niche for itself in my reading list.

I'm not saying it's realistic; sometimes named characters cut through the unwashed hordes in a way that would make Ninety Nine Nights 2 look like your typical hack and slash title. But it remains believable. When Moubu tears a hole in an enemy formation, instead of thinking "No one man can do all of that!", you're just thinking "Yep, Moubu is a BEAST".

It's a really fun read.

good. I agree. It's my favourite manga right now. I don't think I've ever seen a better depiction of "living legends".

upandaway

You're discharged? Congratulations! (Is that the right response? ) I don't remember you making a thread about it though, but you did mention it in ManGAF.

I'm not really a fan of Laptops. The Desktop/Tablet/Smartphone combo seems like the right way to go to me. Laptops just fall into the chasm between tablets and desktops, not really justifying itself over one if you have the other.
Thanks, it's a pretty neat feeling. I'm still clueless about how to work with computers outside of home so we'll see what fits before I decide.

Beelzebub 208

...well. Didn't expect the heart to just pop out and get eaten like that.

The haymakers are all as satisfying as I remember but um, the humor, man, where you at. I need my Beelzebub.

"A BIKINI GETS ME OFF TOO!!!"

i just died

no more

So I'm about to read the Berserk manga tomorrow from start to finish (definitely not in one day, but you know what I mean). Before I start I wanted to ask a few questions.

- Is there any comedy whatsoever in this? If so does it occur often?
- Is the main character likeable?
- Is it even any good? I hear people talk about the MC's anger all the time, but never the story of the manga.

I'm mostly reading it because I saw a scene very intriguing scene involving a sword and mouth. Btw, yes. I know it's in hiatus.

Akito

- Is it even any good? I hear people talk about the MC's anger all the time, but never the story of the manga.
- A little, just enough so you don't to hang yourself.
- Yes.
- Yes.

So I'm about to read the Berserk manga tomorrow from start to finish (definitely not in one day, but you know what I mean). Before I start I wanted to ask a few questions.

I'm mostly reading it because I saw a scene very intriguing scene involving a sword and mouth. Btw, yes. I know it's in hiatus.

Yes to all three.

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. 10

Gonna be interesting to see a case not adapted in the anime.

Rin-ne 173

You know a reward of 1000 yen for a thief that stole a bunch of electronics is pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom