• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3wThr33

Banned
From the SMB Manual:
One day the kingdom of the peaceful mushroom people was invaded by the
Koopa, a tribe of turtles famous for their black magic. The quiet, peace-loving
Mushroom People were turned into mere stones, bricks and even field horse-
hair plants, and the Mushroom Kingdom fell into ruin.

So... yeah. I guess it's people. But that's the American one. Could be stupid useless text, honestly.

nli10

Jiggy37 said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl = Sakurai's love letter to gaming.

= Sakurai's resignation letter to Nintendo, and his final farewell

and

= Sakurai's job application to everyone else

Personally I hope that the last part of the interview is him accepting a post at Nintnedo where he makes any game he chooses and they have a minimum spend on marketing :D

nli10 said:
= Sakurai's resignation letter to Nintendo, and his final farewell

and

= Sakurai's job application to everyone else

Personally I hope that the last part of the interview is him accepting a post at Nintnedo where he makes any game he chooses and they have a minimum spend on marketing :D

Iwata: Sakurai-kun, I'm sure you may have gathered by now I always have an alternative reason for making every decision.
Sakurai: (laughs) Yes, I have noticed that.
Iwata: So it may not surprise you to find out that I accidentally announced Super Smash Bros for Nintendo DS yesterday. I was hoping you would agree to work on the project.
Sakurai: How did you accidentally announce Super Smash Bros for the DS?
Iwata: The Japanese press mistranslated me. Again.

pulga

Banned
MisterHiro, I see your shop and I raise you:

Super-Next-Gen-Mario.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What an amazing level.
At first I though it was just a Subspace level, but when I noticed it was actually a level to fight on, I was gob smacked! :eek:

Ramune

Koji belted out similar jazzy renditions of previous Mario level songs in the Super Mario World OST. Check it out if you haven't. As for the level, wasn't Mario JUST there in New Super Mario Bros.? But it does leave a guilty feeling of "Man, I haven't been playing my old games lately. I wonder if they all end up like this after years of neglect!" Green Hill Zone Act 1 should get the same treatment. Should serve Sonic right for trying to visit Human worlds he doesn't belong in. :lol

(TT_TT)

Gagaman

For some reason this stage reminds me of those re-creations of Mario bros done using Halo. I think I would of preferred it with the original colours, but this will still be a fun level to fight on.

Ike's about the spin and grab his crotch for massive damage.

Amazing level. I really can't wait to play it. I wonder what happens to the level if you set it to stock and the play time lasts beyond the end of the first level. Will you just go ahead and move to 1-2?

The music also rocks. Great update today.

webrunner

A Link to the Snitch said:
I really, really hope we see a World 1-3 level and World 1-4 level.

Like anyone ever saw 1-3 and 1-4.

Also, does this mean we're not getting Kingdom III? I was looking forward to a mario-3 pixel stage.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MisterHero said:
Isn't it even more morbid knowing that all the Blocks and Power-ups from SMB1 are actually Mushroom Kingdom citizens transformed into blocks/power-ups by Bowser's black magic? And that those blocks are still there, meaning they never got turned back?

SUPER MARIO GRAVEYARD
Yes, Mario is a murderer.

KevinCow said:
I have to wonder how many gamers there are for whom Super Mario Bros. world 1-1 doesn't hold a certain nostalgia.

*raises hand*

Can't have nostalgia about something you didn't even play until two years ago.

Tonjevic

stage23_080123d-l.jpg

You know what's going to be awesome? Breaking bricks to get onto that top row and running around above the stage.

Oh yeah, nice, yummy, 8-bit-era terrain interaction.

PkunkFury

Wow, best stage update yet! I wish the whole game were remade for Smash :(

I like the weathered look for the Mushroom Kingdom. Certainly wasn't expected

NTom64

Just read part 2 of the Brawl "Iwata asks" interview. Man, Sakurai knows his stuff :D

Oh, and for people that missed the d/l links for the song earlier, here they are again:

Megaupload

Sendspace

Rapidshare

Never let it be said that I miss out on the chance to whore out my d/l links whenever possible :lol

gimz said:
do you also have the old ones??

Pretty much all of the older tunes are linked to in the OP, though the "download all" link is out of date. I've got all of the tunes to date stored and ready to go in the OT for the game later today, though, so you can always grab everything there in a few hours.

CassSept

Ffs. Not only its scrolling stage, but it also can load two different stages. Is Sakurai dumb? How the hell could he put such a shit in game of my dreams!? I thought that there was enough randomness added into this disappointing crap
Holy fuck awesome and amazing music :eek:

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Iam Canadian said:
There's a really melancholy feel to this stage...it's visiting a place fondly remembered from childhood and finding it in ruins.

Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 was the first true level I ever tackled in a video game. It holds a certain nostalgia for me.

You need to check out the video Cory Archangel (sp?) did based on what happens when a Nintendo cartridge falls into disrepair after years of no use. Really interesting tale very similar to what you're describing.

Amazing update, BTW, like others have said this is the first level I've ever played in any game, and I was highly considering making a stage 1-1 based level in the editor. But now it looks like I don't have to!

TreIII

Crushed said:
Yes, Mario is a murderer.

Well....he's also evidently a supporter of child abuse, as well. He assaults minors on a half-way regular basis, as well as abusing young Yoshis, doing anything from force-feeding to make them grow into bastions of his own twisted campaign that he calls "liberating Peach", or just riding on their backs even though he dwarfs them by like being easily double their mass and weight. :lol

Even so, I would think that the singular highest title of being the sickest SOBs in Nintendo-dom would have to go to the Ice Climbers. In the JP version of their game (as well as in JP DX/Melee), you know what they REALLY were after? Not those stupid "Topi" things...they killed baby seals! With those over-sized hammers! Sheesh, at least everyone else who wants to kill seals usually just employs bats! Those sick mofos use those mallets! :lol

Crushed

Fry Daddy
TreIII said:
In the JP version of their game (as well as in JP DX/Melee), you know what they REALLY were after? Not those stupid "Topi" things...they killed baby seals! With those over-sized hammers! Sheesh, at least everyone else who wants to kill seals usually just employs bats! Those sick mofos use those mallets! :lol

They're Inuit.

They need to eat something.

FlightOfHeaven said:
OP images broken. RELOAD

Wouldn't bother - I've nearly used my monthly allowance with Photobucket just feeding this thread, so those images will remain broken for now. I'll try and sort out an alternative host when I can.

Synless

So the mushroom kingdom has gone through a terrible drought from what I can see, looks amazing but so brown. Next-gen finally hit the wii!!!!!

TreIII said:
Well....he's also evidently a supporter of child abuse, as well. He assaults minors on a half-way regular basis, as well as abusing young Yoshis, doing anything from force-feeding to make them grow into bastions of his own twisted campaign that he calls "liberating Peach", or just riding on their backs even though he dwarfs them by like being easily double their mass and weight. :lol

Even so, I would think that the singular highest title of being the sickest SOBs in Nintendo-dom would have to go to the Ice Climbers. In the JP version of their game (as well as in JP DX/Melee), you know what they REALLY were after? Not those stupid "Topi" things...they killed baby seals! With those over-sized hammers! Sheesh, at least everyone else who wants to kill seals usually just employs bats! Those sick mofos use those mallets! :lol
Think about how many people Captain Falcon killed in the death races
Or the numerous eco-systems Samus has wiped out alone
Link fucked up an entire kingdom for like seven years because some girl told him to

ShockingAlberto said:
Think about how many people Captain Falcon killed in the death races
Link fucked up an entire kingdom for like seven years because some girl told him to

Kirby eats people!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I hope that the invisible 1-Up block in 1-1 is still there.

Oh, and at least Lucas and Ness do something to help mankind: they beat up hippies with blunt objects.

Is it sort of fucked up that, more than any next-gen game, Smash Bros. makes me want to get an HDTV with surround sound? I've just downloaded the tracks (thanks fellas!) and looked at the media again.

Holy crackers, this game is going to rock, and I want to get an awesome HDTV to play this game in full glory and a thumpin' surround sound for these excellent musical compositions.

Game of the fuckin' epic FOREVER

webrunner

ShockingAlberto said:
She messed up SR388's (which really wasn't in balance anyway- the Metroids
were engineered by the Chozo
), and blew up Zebes... all the other ecosystems were messed up before she got there.

ShockingAlberto said:

To be fair that was Ganondorf doing the actual fucking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom