• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

m00

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, Nintendo finally decided that they wanted to get in on the cinematic gaming front shown by the likes of Final Fantasy. Unfortunately, when they went back to look at the roots of cinema, they went really back to the roots of cinema...
Player piano paper rolls are the original MIDI files.

MisterHero

Jiggy37 said:
I'm not sure which reply I prefer, so I'll just give both.

You mean gasps and shouts don't count? :(
Yeah, Nintendo finally decided that they wanted to get in on the cinematic gaming front shown by the likes of Final Fantasy. Unfortunately, when they went back to look at the roots of cinema, they went really back to the roots of cinema...
Nintendo is older than modern cinema.

Nintendo is being Nintendo. :lol

So I've been wondering for a while, what is Ike's Side Special Move? The Dojo says that it's "Quick Draw". Is that the same move as Marth/Roy, or is is something new?

Neiteio

OliveJuice said:
Why would they only print 300k? It's the biggest game for the Wii. That does not make sense to me. The delay should have made up for any shortages also.
I heard that even with the delay, Sakurai worked up to the last minute tweaking the game, leaving precious little time to print copies. But no matter. A game like Smash has all the franchise power in Ninty's arsenal, so it'll sell well after the launch window.

Even in console-hating Japan.

Jiggy

PunjabiPlaya said:
So I've been wondering for a while, what is Ike's Side Special Move? The Dojo says that it's "Quick Draw". Is that the same move as Marth/Roy, or is is something new?
It was seen in the Japanese Dojo video from yesterday, and yeah, it has the same animation as the old Marth/Roy Counter. I don't remember the player ever managing to connect with it, though, so I don't know whether it's a Marth-style counter where it does a set amount of damage every time, or a Roy-style counter where it does double the damage back. Probably the latter, judging by all the impressions that Ike's a powerhouse character.

Jiggy37 said:
It was seen in the Japanese Dojo video from yesterday, and yeah, it has the same animation as the old Marth/Roy Counter. I don't remember the player ever managing to connect with it, though, so I don't know whether it's a Marth-style counter where it does a set amount of damage every time, or a Roy-style counter where it does double the damage back. Probably the latter, judging by all the impressions that Ike's a powerhouse character.
I'm pretty sure you're talking about Ike's Down Special Move which is "Counter". I'm not sure if his Side Special Move has been shown...

Jiggy

PunjabiPlaya said:
I'm pretty sure you're talking about Ike's Down Special Move which is "Counter". I'm not sure if his Side Special Move has been shown...
Ah--yes, yes, I am. Whoops. >_>

Edit: Colette Avatar compels me to say "I'm sorry."

Akai

PunjabiPlaya said:
I heard something about it being sorta similar to Fox's side special, but a bit slower on the start-up...

Am I allowed to ask you guys here for help making an Smash avatar based on one of the videos or can I not even move that far from simply dojo stuff?

Akai said:
I heard something about it being sorta similar to Fox's side special, but a bit slower on the start-up...
Ahhh yes, you're right. I remember that in the last Famitsu they had a feature with all the characters and had pics of their moves. Ike's is HERE if anyone else was wondering the same thing as me.

Jiggy

Edag Plata said:
Am I allowed to ask you guys here for help making an Smash avatar based on one of the videos or can I not even move that far from simply dojo stuff?
Pretty sure you're fine since the videos are Dojo stuff. Unless you're talking about the commercials or the five-minute video, in which case maybe the commercial thread is for you. Maybe.

Jiggy37 said:
Pretty sure you're fine since the videos are Dojo stuff. Unless you're talking about the commercials or the five-minute video, in which case maybe the commercial thread is for you. Maybe.

One of the commercials, but it's not really a spoiler image at all, and there're more people here, just give me a yes or no and I'll try there again.

scottnak

BrodiemanTTR said:
So, uh, I take it this thread isn't okay for roster discussion?

Don't shoot.
Nah. Not in here. Not in this forum really. It's going to devolve into ugliness and sp0rsk getting angry, people dying, and all that fun stuff.

Everyone knows where else to look if they want that torture anyhow. :p

Jiggy

Edag Plata said:
One of the commercials, but it's not really a spoiler image at all, and there're more people here, just give me a yes or no and I'll try there again.
To be honest, I have no idea about where commercial avatar-making would go; I was just kind of joking before. >_> I would think it's fine, but then I'm not a mod...

BrodiemanTTR said:
So, uh, I take it this thread isn't okay for roster discussion?

Don't shoot.
If they're confirmed on the Dojo, yes. If they're confirmed elsewhere, most people have been keeping them in spoiler tags or just pretending they're not confirmed and that they're still hoping for those characters... If they're rumored, then definitely not. :p

If they're just a wishlist of hopefuls, I think it's fine?

Jiggy37 said:
To be honest, I have no idea about where commercial avatar-making would go; I was just kind of joking before. >_> I would think it's fine, but then I'm not a mod...

If they're confirmed on the Dojo, yes. If they're confirmed elsewhere, most people have been keeping them in spoiler tags or just pretending they're not confirmed and that they're still hoping for those characters... If they're rumored, then definitely not. :p

If they're just a wishlist of hopefuls, I think it's fine?

Well, if anyone's any good at making avatar's if you can send me a PM I'll give you the imagine. Thanks guys.

Eh, I was actually looking for a bit of clarification on "that roster" that has been made very popular on GAF by a couple of users in the past few days, but I guess I'll just keep it under my hat.

scottnak

BrodiemanTTR said:
Eh, I was actually looking for a bit of clarification on "that roster" that has been made very popular on GAF by a couple of users in the past few days, but I guess I'll just keep it under my hat.
Well. I guess if you're assured it wont be volatile... take your shot eh?

Let's see... probably time for an Assist Trophy. Lets go with that.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I'm hearing some vague stuff that PT's stamina is 2 minutes at a time. If true, it's basically irrelevant, and each Pokemon should be rated on their own account.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SuperAngelo64 said:
Predicting Geno tonight.

Yeah, you heard me.
Nyan-Nyan-Short-Thin.gif

The Hermit

Fuuny thing is that in all "I Predict x character" most are forgetting there are Bosses and Assist Trophies.

So I predict Robotnik as a boss and Tails as an AT. But I doubt they will spoil this on Dojo.

Maybe another stage today?

I'm predicting Luigi for tomorrows update. And if any leaks come out tomorrow, can someone PM me the location. I'm a moron when it comes to 2ch.

webrunner

sp0rsk said:
Tonight is the last friday before the game comes out, surely we will get something special.

I've noticed that that never happens. We sometimes get megatons directly before or after milestones, but never on them.

Sticking with my "Assist Trophy: Part 2", revealing all Assist Trophies that were at E for All, Jump Festa, and World Hobby Fair, on top of a few others (Ridley and Krystal).

scottnak

webrunner said:
That was online play, wasn't it? It was kind of announced before the game was, offically, I thought?
Ho ho. And you think that pass-by knowledge didn't cause paranoia in here that it wasn't going to be in?

And I guess according to what Iwata said in the interview, people took it the wrong way...

scottnak said:
Ho ho. And you think that pass-by knowledge didn't cause paranoia in here that it wasn't going to be in?

And I guess according to what Iwata said in the interview, people took it the wrong way...

I remember those days.
"They haven't said anything about online! It won't have it! DAMN YOU NINTENDO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom