• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
sp0rsk said:
When did you preorder?
Not early enough! I don't remember exactly but sometime in January. I usually don't, but I had this thought of "Hmm, maybe I should reserve this just in case."
SIGH.
I have an Amazon order now and will go hunting after school next week, but I'm not positive about this.

Tonjevic

They're going to give us something crap, I just know it.

It's so close to the release date that they're probably reasoning "Why spoil the fun of discovery?" and just giving us, like, an item. Something we already know.

TreIII

RevenantKioku said:
Not early enough! I don't remember exactly but sometime in January. I usually don't, but I had this thought of "Hmm, maybe I should reserve this just in case."
SIGH.
I have an Amazon order now and will go hunting after school next week, but I'm not positive about this.

Ouch, man....I really feel for ya.

Some how, I had an intuitive moment that basically stated that some crap of this nature was very much a possibility. That's why I didn't choose to play around, and pre-ordered my game at play-asia at like the beginning of December.

...Of course, my fate is still in the hands of those Hong Kong retailers...hope that they at least got enough to supply me and those pre-ordered early on that site.

KevinCow

Banned
MisterHero said:
If by "item" you mean SamusXFox and by "you already knew" you meant you thought that they were cute, then yes.

oh god what have you done
Stupid fucking furry could never score with a badass hottie like Samus.

If that's what you were getting at.

This would be a good spot to put that picture of Samus rejecting Master Chief, with Snake, Mario, and a few other characters lined up to ask her out. I know you have that picture, Crushed.

m00

Sakurai has yet to give us a final smash update for Zero Suit Samus; a stage for Sonic; an update for the Group menu's Rules selector, More Rules button, and Item Switch button; a With Anyone/Team Battle update in the WFC menu; and pics of the Solo, Stadium, Vault, and Data menu screens. I'm predicting Sonic stage for tonight.

MisterHero said:
If by "item" you mean SamusXFox and by "you already knew" you meant you thought that they were cute, then yes.
Maybe someone should start a SmashShipping thread.

Cynar

hoping for either sonic stage and more sonic music(green hill zone) or captain falcon revealed :D

prediction will be an assist trophy tho

for tonight, i'll stick with the one thing i really want for this game. :D

ITEM:

Super-Mario-Bros.-3-(Cover)-712313.jpg

oh come on, Sakurai, you know i want this by now.

I'll predict another video,item,stage, or music.

Since all other starter stuff is confirmed thats all thats left for the dojo...I'm gonna miss the dojo ;(

Whats even more sad is that this is the final smash game :( (Look at Iwata Asks PT 4)

NNNNOOOO!!!!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I predict the box art front and back. And finalized release dates for the rest of the world.

Oh look a flying fucking pig.

MisterHero

WiiRevolution1 said:
I'll predict another video,item,stage, or music.

Since all other starter stuff is confirmed thats all thats left for the dojo...I'm gonna miss the dojo ;(

Whats even more sad is that this is the final smash game :( (Look at Iwata Asks PT 4)

NNNNOOOO!!!!
Next game is actually Nintendo vs. Capcom

BELIEVE

Crushed

Fry Daddy
KevinCow said:
This would be a good spot to put that picture of Samus rejecting Master Chief, with Snake, Mario, and a few other characters lined up to ask her out. I know you have that picture, Crushed.
bdqlc6.jpg

Cynar said:
Your reading comprehension seems a little poor so I'll help you out and share what I took from it. What I gathered from that was when Sakurai designs a video game, he always treats it like it was the last so he would put his all into it. This makes a lot of sense if you look at his portfolio of games he has worked on. :D

This.

There's no way Smash is ending with this. Not only are there so many more things that could be incorporated into it, and so many franchises without any representation at all (at least for characters), but the hierarchy of popularity will inevitably change in certain cases, and we're bound to get some more mega-popular new franchises.

Jiggy

In short, I agree with our neighborhood Snitch. Even if Sakurai's not involved, and they have to end up not particularly advancing the series to any sizable degree, there'll be another Smash sooner or later.

And hopefully with a character creator. >_> (Actually, I'd love a Smash with absolutely no default roster--just make everybody yourself. I think I've said this before, but really; on a personal level it would appeal to me, and on a business level this idea of players creating their own world has worked splendidly for Miis.)

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
April 08.
Beliiieveee.
Consumers really, really need to push for Nintendo's next home console (or even any potential revisions of the Wii, though I'm not a believer in that happening) to be region-free. :/
I don't see how Wii being region-free would have hurt sales or any such thing; I'd probably have ended up buying Brawl twice, honestly. Or even if not Brawl, at least Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk, since that'll probably be an even longer wait.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Poll

Would you accept a year-long delay for a 70 characters and 85 stage total?
I was going to say "two years," but if they had that long I'd just want a character creator. So instead I'll just answer yes to this question.

Jiggy

TheGreatDave said:
I'd accept a 6 month delay for playable Tingle.
I'd take three years for playable Colette.
But everybody would kill me before I ever got a chance to touch the game. :(

Edit: I can only say such things immediately before an update, since after the update nobody will remember I said them. :D

A Link to the Snitch said:
Poll

Would you accept a year-long delay for a 70 characters and 85 stage total?
No. I need brawl, ASAP!

Now, a year down the road, would I spend an extra 20 to 30 bucks for a character/stage (let's say 5 characters and 10 stages) add-on pack? Hell yes.

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
No. I need brawl, ASAP!

Now, a year down the road, would I spend an extra 20 to 30 bucks for a character/stage (let's say 5 characters and 10 stages) add-on pack? Hell yes.
I'm still holding out some kind of semi-quasi-pseudo hope for downloadable characters. It's probably dumb of me, though, especially considering the Iwata Asks interviews would probably have revealed such a thing. >_>

Jiggy

That's a megaton alright. Trial VC games provided via Brawl! :eek: :O

Well, what do we have here...?

various23_080125a-l.jpg

Yes, that’s Super Mario Bros.

Several memorable characters compete for brawl supremacy – that’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl in a nutshell.

But what about the past fights for each of those characters? What were they like?

It may sound impossible, but you can experience those battles in Brawl as well!

That’s right, for the first time ever, you can play trial versions of these games by the miracle of Virtual Console!

That’s what Masterpieces is! Here you can relive the greatest battles of the biggest star characters through demo versions of their games.

Here are some of the titles you can expect to see available in Brawl. Crazy, isn’t it?!

various23_080125b-l.jpg

Ice Climber
(1986, NES)

various23_080125c-l.jpg

Super Mario Bros.
(1987, NES)

various23_080125d-l.jpg

The Legend of Zelda
(1987, NES)

various23_080125e-l.jpg

Kid Icarus
(1987, NES)

various23_080125f-l.jpg

Kirby’s Adventure
(1993, NES)

various23_080125h-l.jpg

Super Metroid
(1994,Super NES)

various23_080125j-l.jpg

Lylat Wars
(1997, Nintendo 64)

Whoaaa. Makes my head spin just seeing all those. You won’t need to be connected to Nintendo WFC to play these games.

Just remember, there are some NES classics in there as demos, so expect some of the time limits on those games to be so short that all you can do is laugh at how hard they are.

various23_080125k-l.jpg

I’m almost...at the top!

various23_080125l-l.jpg

Ahaha! Oh man, out of time already?!

That’s what a good demo is all about. It gives you just enough to let you appreciate the game. Plus it’s a lot of fun to see just how far you can go before the little time that you have runs out.

If you take a liking to one of the trial versions, you can always buy the full game through the Shop Channel! You might even find a couple of titles that divert your attention from Brawl for a while.

various23_080125m-l.jpg

Some titles come with save data.

But hmm, it seems there are still titles hiding in the Masterpieces section.

Titles?! What games don’t I know about?! That discovery is part of the fun, isn’t it?

Masterpieces are called masterpieces for a good reason, and each of the well-loved characters here come from a past that is worthy of that title.

To end, I’d like to take this opportunity to send my thanks to all the game creators and affiliated parties who helped in making this possible.

Jiggy37 said:

Edit: I can only say such things immediately before an update, since after the update nobody will remember I said them. :D

Colette. . .if people don't even want to play as her in Tales, why should would they play as her in smash?

Jiggy37 said:

Don't jinx yourself, Jiggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom