• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new Smash Bros. Brawl Information from Famitsu

TreIII

Iam Canadian said:
Even by the time you get to Misty, your starter doesn't really matter. A Pikachu will do better against Misty than any of the starters.

I never bothered. I almost always took Charmander, but I would just get a Butterfree and Confusion Brock's Pokemon to death. I figured it was easier than trying to Ember them.

For Yellow, it was pretty much no other choice. You HAD to have a Butterfree in order to give Takeshi/Brock the beating he deserved. :D

By the time you did earn the other 3 Starters though, things were much, much EASIER in that game. Only the damn Psychic gym really gave me any real grief from that point on, but that was due entirely to notion that Psychics were incredibly, incredibly broken in the first generation... :lol

Mojojo

D3VI0US said:
Is Falcon in the game?

Is the full roster appearing in a gametrailer video fake?(sorry if this was discussed, so many Smash threads, hard to keep up).
If it isnt fake then
yes Falcon is in

Firestorm

Mojojo said:
Is the full roster appearing in a gametrailer video fake?(sorry if this was discussed, so many Smash threads, hard to keep up).
If it isnt fake then
yes Falcon is in

Fake. It was a mockup from a while back.

Leezard

Iam Canadian said:
If that was the case, then they should have given Squirtle those awesome shades.

That would be awesome. Seeing as the pokemon in the last games (save for Mewtwo) had hats or headbands as their alternate colors, I would like to see Squirtle in the shades.

Jiggy

TreIII said:
For Yellow, it was pretty much no other choice. You HAD to have a Butterfree in order to give Takeshi/Brock the beating he deserved. :D

By the time you did earn the other 3 Starters though, things were much, much EASIER in that game. Only the damn Psychic gym really gave me any real grief from that point on, but that was due entirely to notion that Psychics were incredibly, incredibly broken in the first generation... :lol
True story, I beat Yellow Sabrina with nothing but a level 38 Pikachu and a level 23 Vulpix (never battled, but benefitted from Exp. Share) by spamming Double Team. >_>

BuddhaRockstar said:
to be honest, I thought Ivysaur was the only 2nd stage starter that didn't absolutely suck design wise.
Even to this day, I hate all their designs except Ivysaur, Bayleef, Grovyle, and Quilava.
Wartortle, Croconaw, Prinplup, Charmeleon? Pretty generic. Marshtomp, Combusken, Monferno? Just hideous. :( And the thing between Turtwig and Torterra bores me so much that I can't even remember its name--and I own four copies of D/P (only two in English, but still). [Edit: I looked it up. "Grotle"? No wonder I can't remember. It's also the worst English name in the history of Pokemon. :|]

Given all this, I can see why Sakurai and company had really been forced into a corner. If there was no Charizard people would cry foul pretty endlessly. That left the Water- and Grass-types to fill in the other two slots. But none of the second-stage Waters are popular, so it had to be a first-stage.
That left a few choices. If they'd used Bayleef, which put up a good showing in the anime, they'd either have to use Squirtle/Totodile, which would mean doubling up on (respectively) Kanto/Johto starters with the Johto/Kanto starter winding up looking strange, Mudkip, which just isn't as recognizable as Squirtle (despite the fad), or Piplup, whose fame isn't proven. If they'd used Grovyle, basically the same situation. Piplup's unproven, Mudkip means doubling up on Hoenn, Squirtle means doubling up on Kanto, and Totodile isn't terribly popular. (Even though I love that little guy.)
In the end I can see how they basically had to just go triple Kanto and be done with it.

Sciz

Leezard said:
486 IIRC, if you include all impossible to get legendaries.
That is too many characters to make a good, balanced game for. I'd say 50 chars tops, if they want to keep it relatively balanced and have unique characters.

493, actually.

And Brock could be dominated by Mankey, at least depending on your version.

Fireblend

Banned
TreIII said:
True, I even remember thinking about trading my yellow cart for a friends' red a few hours after I got it so I could start with Squirtle and beat Brock already :lol had to spend time training a stupid butterfree to go on with the game :lol

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
True story, I beat Yellow Sabrina with nothing but a level 38 Pikachu and a level 23 Vulpix (never battled, but benefitted from Exp. Share) by spamming Double Team. >_>

In the end, I believe Wigglytuff was the corner stone of my strategy. I spammed Sing like it was my job, and then did nasty things to Sabrina's dudes with the other members of my party.

God, I'm glad that Psychics got toned down in later games...

In the end I can see how they basically had to just go triple Kanto and be done with it.

And to me, it was probably the most ideal choice. Whether you played PKMN consistently over the years, came back recently with D/P (like me) or haven't played since R/G/B/Y, you recognize the 3 original starters. Beyond the likes of Pikachu and Puff/Purin, the Kanto starters are some of the most widely recognized Mon of the lot. So it just seemed "right", in my eyes.

Too bad the whole thing about the game having the "Rival Trainer" (Green/Shigeru/Gary?) is just a hoax... :lol

Fireblend said:
True, I even remember thinking about trading my yellow cart for a friends' red a few hours after I got it so I could start with Squirtle and beat Brock already :lol had to spend time training a stupid butterfree to go on with the game :lol

I had a lot of fun with yellow, but I think that may have been mostly do to the fact that I was obsessed with the anime at the time and to actually play as Ash and Pikachu was great. Of course, Brock did mop the floor with me, but as it was my fourth run through of the original set, I knew to raise me a Butterfree, which was how I almost always had to do it since I always picked Charmander.

sp0rsk said:
WHY MUST YOU PEOPLE SHIT UP EVERY THREAD ABOUT THIS GAME.

We have a huge fondness for all the games that make up this series, so much so that we often get sidetracked on one facet and go off on tangents. Sorry, Sp0rsk. We'll try to stop making your job so difficult.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I though Red Alloy was Falcon's model. Or did someone bust that rumor? I mean the punch looks EXACTLY like Falcon's neutral A.

Firestorm

Halycon said:
I though Red Alloy was Falcon's model. Or did someone bust that rumor? I mean the punch looks EXACTLY like Falcon's neutral A.

It's based off of Falcon's moveset yes. The Fighting Wireframes in Melee were also based off existing movesets.

Firestorm

More Updates from Brawl Central:

More Character Move Details
I had some of this yesterday, but was unsure if it was true. Now I have it confirmed, so here it is: (remember again that these numbers are not taking DI into effect on a human player)

# Wario's Down B builds up the longer you go without using it. It reaches it's maximum potential after about 1 minutes and 50 seconds. It can KO Mario at 104%.
# Ike's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 20%
# A Gordo thrown by Dedede can KO Mario at 76%
# Dedede's fully charged Down B attack can KO Mario at 48%
# Diddy Kong's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 86%. (seems powerful considering Diddy's weak)
# Samus' fully charged Neutral B attack can KO Mario at 115% (I can't remember, but that sounds a bit nerfed)
# DK's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 42%.
# Ivysaur's fully charged Up Smash A can KO Mario at 33%.
# The magazine doesn't say anything about being able to change Pokemon in the air, but it says you cannot change while being hit. This leads me to believe that you must be on the ground and out of harm in order to switch.
# My source will be checking later today (tonight in the US) if any of the newly released Demo Stations are at any of the nearby retailers. If so, he'll tell us whatever he can about them.

Also, there's some things I'd like to point out. I noticed a few things didn't quite make sense with the charts, so I asked my source again and he confirmed that what he typed out to me was not an error:

# Kirby is listed as medium weight and Meta Knight is listed as light weight. On the list of characters in order, they are both KO'd at 91% by Mario. Why Kirby is listed as medium is unknown, but that IS what their charts said. So the final word seems: They're both the same weight, but the magazine put them into different weight classes for some reason.
# Ivysaur gets KO'd by Mario much easier than Squirtle does, yet Squirtle is listed as light, and Ivysaur as medium. This is not an error on our part, and it is in fact what what the magazine says.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
# Ivysaur gets KO'd by Mario much easier than Squirtle does, yet Squirtle is listed as light, and Ivysaur as medium. This is not an error on our part, and it is in fact what what the magazine says.
Please, please let it be the case that Mario's forward smash has increased knockback to Ivysaur but decreased knockback to Squirtle because it's got a fire element. PLEASE. :eek:

Guled

Jiggy37 said:
Please, please let it be the case that Mario's forward smash has increased knockback to Ivysaur but decreased knockback to Squirtle because it's got a fire element. PLEASE. :eek:
As cool as that would be, I don't think so.

Firestorm said:
More Updates from Brawl Central:

More Character Move Details
I had some of this yesterday, but was unsure if it was true. Now I have it confirmed, so here it is: (remember again that these numbers are not taking DI into effect on a human player)

# Wario's Down B builds up the longer you go without using it. It reaches it's maximum potential after about 1 minutes and 50 seconds. It can KO Mario at 104%.
# A Gordo thrown by Dedede can KO Mario at 76%
# Dedede's fully charged Down B attack can KO Mario at 48%
# Diddy Kong's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 86%. (seems powerful considering Diddy's weak)
# Samus' fully charged Neutral B attack can KO Mario at 115% (I can't remember, but that sounds a bit nerfed)
# DK's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 42%.
# The magazine doesn't say anything about being able to change Pokemon in the air, but it says you cannot change while being hit. This leads me to believe that you must be on the ground and out of harm in order to switch.
# My source will be checking later today (tonight in the US) if any of the newly released Demo Stations are at any of the nearby retailers. If so, he'll tell us whatever he can about them.

Also, there's some things I'd like to point out. I noticed a few things didn't quite make sense with the charts, so I asked my source again and he confirmed that what he typed out to me was not an error:

# Kirby is listed as medium weight and Meta Knight is listed as light weight. On the list of characters in order, they are both KO'd at 91% by Mario. Why Kirby is listed as medium is unknown, but that IS what their charts said. So the final word seems: They're both the same weight, but the magazine put them into different weight classes for some reason.

Wario's down B seems a little disappointing. If the standard rate for a match is set at the two minute point for a time match or five lives for stock, than in the first instance one must wait until the last moments of the fight to get a knock out. That's a really poor amount of damage for such a build up. In a five stock match, the average amount of time I've seen is about five to seven minutes, so that means one could only use it 2-3 times, in the instance that Mario is at 104 and you hit.

Also, Holy Shit at Ike's side A.

Jiggy

That Gordo knockback is pretty sick considering that it looks to me like Dedede throws Kirby enemies faster than Peach throws turnips (or Olimar throws Pikmin), due to not having to go through the step of pulling them out of the ground... Hopefully Gordo is a pretty rare pull to balance it out.

Sciz

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh

Japan, why do you hate Samus so?

Jiggy

I don't see the problem with the Charge Beam, since unlike basically every other attack we're listing as KOing at low percentages is close-range and that one isn't.

Jiggy37 said:
I don't see the problem with the Charge Beam, since unlike basically every other attack we're listing as KOing at low percentages is close-range and that one isn't.

Hey, Jiggy, do you know, off the top of your head, the range of Wario's down B?

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
Hey, Jiggy, do you know, off the top of your head, the range of Wario's down B?
I'd like to know. I'm curious, because not knowing is holding me back from commenting on it right now. >_>

Edit: Actually, there is one thing I'll say about it anyway. I'm a little disappointed that 1) it's so powerful, and 2) it takes so long to charge. It might encourage Wario players to play a super-campy defensive game in order to get that move ready, and usually nobody has fun like that. :/

Jiggy37 said:
I'd like to know. I'm curious, because not knowing the one thing holding me back from commenting on it right now. >_>

Yeah, I thought about that after I made that post. If the damge radius is fairly large, that could excuse it for taking so long to gain power, but then, I would imagine the damage would weaken as the distance increased. So where did they measure from? Ok, I'm just talking in circles.

Edit: I excuse it's power because it's a one shot thing. It's not like most charge up where when you miss, it's pretty easy to charge it back up, like Samus' charge shot. If you miss with this, it's going to be awhile.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Those Gordos are pretty dang lethal. They ought to be, though, as they're some of the biggest damage-dealers in Kirby games.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
Edit: I excuse it's power because it's a one shot thing. It's not like most charge up where when you miss, it's pretty easy to charge it back up, like Samus' charge shot. If you miss with this, it's going to be awhile.
I should clarify...
I don't have a problem with the power itself (unless it's some kind of brokenly uber huge attack). I just think that making it so powerful is what forced them to make it take so long to build up, and since I don't like that it takes so long to build up because it might make Wario a camping character, the power is a problem in a roundabout, indirect way. >_>

Maybe they could have had an attack that did huge damage and had huge range, but featured practically no knockback? Hmm.

Jiggy37 said:
I should clarify...
I don't have a problem with the power itself (unless it's some kind of brokenly uber huge attack). I just think that making it so powerful is what forced them to make it take so long to build up, and since I don't like that it takes so long to build up because it might make Wario a camping character, the power is a problem in a roundabout, indirect way. >_>

Maybe they could have had an attack that did huge damage and had huge range, but featured practically no knockback? Hmm.

I get ya. Yeah, I can see how it could play out that way, and Wario could potentially become a character that could quickly turn a match in the last few seconds.

Firestorm said:
:O

I'm becoming more and more convinced that I found my two new mains, before I've even played.

Jiggy

I'm sure somebody else has beaten me to it on some forum somewhere or other, but nonetheless I wanted to give it a shot as well, so... I went ahead and compiled all the numbers from this thread to determine the average KOing power of a given character's top moves--which we know--and also ran some hypothetical scenarios for the numbers that we don't know.

Here's the format you'll be seeing, though it may be confusing at first:

[Character]
Top 3 average: [number]
Relative power known: [percentage]
Best-case average: [number]
Relative power best-case: [percentage]
Worst-case average: [number]
Relative power worst-case: [percentage]

To explain what each of these figures are...

Top 3 average: This is the average percentage a character can KO at, taking into account only the three numbers we know: that character's three strongest attacks. (Four in the case of Wario, Samus, and Zelda.) For example, Mario's top attacks KO at 103, 124, and 136, and the average there is ~121.

Relative power known: A way to compare the individual character's Top 3 KO percentages to the average of all 25 characters' Top 3 KO percentages. For example, Mario's average KO point is 121, but the average among all 25 characters is 104. Dividing 104 by 121 shows that Mario's Top 3 have 85.82% as much power to KO as the average Brawl character's Top 3.

Best-case average: Given what we know, I assumed that, for some set of eleven other moves (ten in the case of Wario/Samus/Zelda), the average KO power of each was 3 higher than the highest of the known moves. For example, for Mario, the average point at which eleven more of his moves could KO would be 139. This is an attempt to estimate the unknown data from the known data.
[Note: Smash characters have twenty moves and I'm estimating numbers out to fourteen of them. This is because I figure that not all moves are meant to be KOs; for example, neutral B attacks, neutral A attacks, and most throws wouldn't be examined for KO power in the first place.]

Relative power best-case: Same as relative power from the known numbers, but this time using the average KO percentages under the best-case assumption.

Worst-case average: Same as best-case, but change "3" to "10." In other words, this is an assumption that the large majority of each character's moveset will have significantly less KOing power than that character's Top 3.

Relative power worst-case: You get the picture.
There'll be some trivia analysis of these numbers as well as some methodology notes at the bottom of the post.

Mario
Top 3 average: 121
Relative power known: 85.82%
Best-case average: 135
Relative power best-case: 85.97%
Worst-case average: 141
Relative power worst-case: 86.48%

Peach
Top 3 average: 113
Relative power known: 91.9%
Best-case average: 133
Relative power best-case: 87.6%
Worst-case average: 138
Relative power worst-case: 88.05%

Bowser
Top 3 average: 87
Relative power known: 119.36%
Best-case average: 95
Relative power best-case: 122.49%
Worst-case average: 100
Relative power worst-case: 121.2%

Yoshi
Top 3 average: 119
Relative power known: 87.02%
Best-case average: 125
Relative power best-case: 93.27%
Worst-case average: 130
Relative power worst-case: 93.51%

Wario
Top 4 average: 114
Relative power known: 90.89%
Best-case average: 126
Relative power best-case: 92.06%
Worst-case average: 131
Relative power worst-case: 92.69%

Pit
Top 3 average: 118
Relative power known: 88%
Best-case average: 132
Relative power best-case: 87.93%
Worst-case average: 138
Relative power worst-case: 88.37%

Donkey Kong
Top 3 average: 82
Relative power known: 126.64%
Best-case average: 92
Relative power best-case: 126%
Worst-case average: 98
Relative power worst-case: 124.47%

Diddy Kong
Top 3 average: 133
Relative power known: 78.27% (Poor Diddy!)
Best-case average: 142
Relative power best-case: 81.62%
Worst-case average: 148
Relative power worst-case: 82.26%

Samus
Top 4 average: 122
Relative power known: 85.29%
Best-case average: 131
Relative power best-case: 89.03%
Worst-case average: 136
Relative power worst-case: 89.76%

Zero Suit Samus
Top 3 average: 113
Relative power known: 92.17%
Best-case average: 117
Relative power best-case: 99.43%
Worst-case average: 122
Relative power worst-case: 99.4%

Fox
Top 3 average: 114
Relative power known: 91.36%
Best-case average: 125
Relative power best-case: 93%
Worst-case average: 130
Relative power worst-case: 93.25%

Link
Top 3 average: 103
Relative power known: 100.49%
Best-case average: 118
Relative power best-case: 98.46%
Worst-case average: 124
Relative power worst-case: 98.48%

Zelda
Top 4 average: 80
Relative power known: 130.21% (You will say wow. Now.)
Best-case average: 99
Relative power best-case: 117.11%
Worst-case average: 104
Relative power worst-case: 116.71%
Top 3 average, for fun: ~72
Relative power known from Top 3, for fun: 144.44%

Sheik
Top 3 average: 121
Relative power known: 85.82%
Best-case average: 140
Relative power best-case: 83.08% (AKA the nerf stick.)
Worst-case average: 145
Relative power worst-case: 83.68%

Kirby
Top 3 average: 93
Relative power known: 111.26%
Best-case average: 101
Relative power best-case: 115.12%
Worst-case average: 106
Relative power worst-case: 114.28%

Meta Knight
Top 3 average: 118
Relative power known: 88.25%
Best-case average: 130
Relative power best-case: 89.57%
Worst-case average: 135
Relative power worst-case: 89.95%

King Dedede
Top 3 average: 84
Relative power known: 124.12%
Best-case average: 102
Relative power best-case: 113.91%
Worst-case average: 108
Relative power worst-case: 113.14%

Lucas
Top 3 average: 84
Relative power known: 123.13%
Best-case average: 91
Relative power best-case: 127.48%
Worst-case average: 97
Relative power worst-case: 125.85%

Ike
Top 3 average: 76
Relative power known: 137.24%
Best-case average: 92
Relative power best-case: 126.78%
Worst-case average: 97
Relative power worst-case: 125.21%

Pikachu
Top 3 average: 99
Relative power known: 105.25%
Best-case average: 114
Relative power best-case: 102.05%
Worst-case average: 119
Relative power worst-case: 101.9%

Ice Climbers
Top 3 average: 117
Relative power known: 88.5%
Best-case average: 129
Relative power best-case: 90.17%
Worst-case average: 134
Relative power worst-case: 90.53%

Olimar
Top 3 average: 90
Relative power known: 114.96%
Best-case average: 100
Relative power best-case: 115.86%
Relative power worst-case: 114.98%

Squirtle
Top 3 average: 116
Relative power known: 89.52%
Best-case average: 134
Relative power best-case: 86.66%
Worst-case average: 140
Relative power worst-case: 87.14%

Ivysaur
Top 3 average: 86
Relative power known: 121.22%
Best-case average: 101
Relative power best-case:115.2%
Relative power worst-case: 114.36%

Charizard
Top 3 average: 94
Relative power known: 110.47%
Best-case average: 102
Relative power best-case: 114.07%
Worst-case average: 107
Relative power worst-case: 113.29%

Trivia:

1) Some characters have the power of their Top 3 model (both the average and "relative power known" figures) elevated significantly because of one or two moves. Those characters are:
-King Dedede: His mind-blowing forward smash nets a KO 59 points faster than his second-strongest move.
-Peach: Her up smash KOs 44 points earlier.
-Ike: His forward smash KOs 38 points ahead.
-Ivysaur: His up smash KOs 37 points sooner.
-Pikachu: His down special (if sweet-spotted, presumably) KOs 29 points before.

2) Samus is the only character with a neutral special in her Top 4. (More specifically for her case, her Top 2.)

3) Zero Suit Samus and Zelda are the only two characters whose forward smash is nowhere in their Top 3 strongest attacks. In Zelda's case, it's not in her Top 4.

4) Link and Sheik have forward smashes with two hits; it's unknown which of the two hits the Famitsu figures are using for their numbers.

5) It's also unknown whether Famitsu is judging by one Ice Climber or both, but I'm assuming both; the Climbers would still compare favorably to beat out the likes of Mario, Diddy Kong, and Samus on any scale I'm using. Edit: And Meta Knight and Pit. They also beat Squirtle under either assumption scenario.

6) It's also unknown whether Kirby's forward B has equal knockback in the air as on the ground--or, for that matter, which of the two cases Famitsu is using.

7) Olimar's numbers will vary wildly in-game.

8) Don't read too much into the numbers; they aren't meant to (nor could they) prove anything about the game definitively, but only to help pass the time as we all wait for Brawl, by providing a really vague idea of comparative character strength. (It might not work in the case of Lucas, but more on that in a moment.) After all, many of the moves in the characters' Top 3 were exceptionally difficult to connect with in Melee outside of four-player free-for-alls: Bowser's forward smash and down special, Link's down air, Kirby's forward special and down special, the sweet spot of Pikachu's down special.

9) You might notice that Lucas has the same Top 3 average as King Dedede, and the same worst-case as Ike, but their percentages differ; that's because the Top 3 and worst-case numbers are rounded off for my purposes, but still calculated behind the scenes in Excel.

10) You might also notice that, from the known figures, Lucas has more power than anyone not named Donkey Kong, Zelda, King Dedede, or Ike. And if I make either best-case or worst-case assumptions, he's the absolute strongest character. Seems odd? Well, remember how the asusmptions work: I figured that eleven other moves would KO at either 3 or 10 more damage than the strongest known move. Lucas is a special case because all of his Top 3 (the known moves) KO at 90 damage or less, which no other character can match (except Zelda when her known fourth-best move isn't accounted for), putting him ahead of the game when I make estimations out that far. It could be that, in reality, Lucas' smashes are all exceptionally strong but the rest of his moves have very little KO power. We'll see soon enough. As I said, don't read too much into the numbers. :D

Edit:
11) I keep saying "don't read too much into the numbers," but it occurred to me that I should add, don't read too much into the words either. :p I'm using the terms "best-case" and "worst-case" pretty loosely.
The literal best case would be to assume all a character's unknown attacks can KO at exactly 1 more damage than that character's known third-strongest, but I assumed an average of 3 instead and only added 10-11 other moves in the first place instead of the full moveset.
And the literal worst-case would be to assume a character's unknown attacks has no KOing power even against a 999% opponent. Even putting that aside, my figure of the 11 other attacks needing the opponent to have 10 more damage is pretty generous for something I'm calling a "worst-case" assumption. I could have assumed 30 more damage or something, so make of things what you will!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
*Massive post*

Jiggy, I...you...uh....

I think you are the human incarnation of Microsoft Excel.

Jiggy37 said:
It could be that, in reality, Lucas' smashes are all exceptionally strong but the rest of his moves have very little KO power. We'll see soon enough. As I said, don't read too much into the numbers.

This is actually very plausible. I haven't seen any other moves in Lucas' repertoire that could be used for KO'ing. Going off the videos I've seen, at any rate.

I mean, PK Freeze seems to be incredibly fast, but it's definitely not the KO'ing powerhouse that PK Flash was. PK Fire has always been a move used best as part of a combo, since it doesn't have any knockback to it. PK Thunder used to be a killer in the original (a PK Thunder dash could be lethal), but was nerfed in Melee and while PK Thunder has had its distance and maneuverability restored in Brawl, I'm not seeing much in the way of power from it. I'm not expecting too much out of Lucas' tilts, either. So unless Lucas carries on the tradition of extremely strong back-throws, then I'd say he's basically down to his Smashes for delivering KOs.

scottnak

Iam Canadian said:
Jiggy, I...you...uh....

I think you are the human incarnation of Microsoft Excel.

Well I hope for his sake that he DID use Excel...
Last time I remember, he had to keep track of the other stats by hand...
:eek:

Jiggy

scottnak said:
Well I hope for his sake that he DID use Excel...
Last time I remember, he had to keep track of the other stats by hand...
:eek:
This time I used Excel. >_>

Edit: Actually, I should say that I have the other stats in Excel as a double-checking measure for the raw numbers in the Word document, but I find it easier in general to use Word for my nightly on-the-fly posts when pressed for time.

Jiggy

You see, the problem is that between the February delay and the March delay, my level of happiness with gaming is having potency issues and I have to do something radical to keep it going.
It's just unfortunate that I have the time for that radical thing to be compiling numbers, but I don't have the money for that radical thing to be buying a Japanese Wii and importing Brawl. :(

...W-wait a second. It's 1:01 AM and maybe the wheels in my head are churning a little more freely and a little less logically because of it, but I just thought of something. Wii's highly in demand and so is Brawl. Maybe I could temporarily buy a Japanese Wii and Japanese Brawl, then once I have a copy of US Brawl in my hands, I can sell them back at very close to full price. I'd probably only lose like $70 at most, but I could experience the game over a month and a week earlier. :eek:

No, no, this is crazy talk.
It must be. Yes.
No, can't be.
But...

Someone talk me out of this insanity, please. D: Tell me how nobody would buy a Japanese Wii from me even though I live in California, how I couldn't possibly manage to find a JP Wii or Brawl in stock on an online store, how JP Wiis don't work with American TVs. I don't care if all of these things are untrue. Lie to me anyway. D:

Edit: On that note, I'm out of here. :p Have fun with numbers--and by the way, they actually only took like fifteen minutes to generate. The only time-consuming part was spotting interesting things about them and making a trivia section about it.

Top Bottom