• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new Smash Bros. Brawl Information from Famitsu

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
EvilMario said:
Fully charged it KOs Mario at 17%, or so Smash Boards is claiming. Ouch.

O_O

...Wow.

jman2050 said:
They could have repackaged Melee with no additions other than Sonic for $60 and I would've bought it. Being a Sonic fanboy is hard work sometimes!

Not to mention painful. It's okay, I share your pain. I played Shadow the Hedgehog, too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
7Th said:
Wishlist:

Ganondorf
# Number of jumps: 3
# Wall Hop: No
# Wall Cling: No
# Gliding: No
# Crawling: Yes
# Weight: Heavy
# Speed: Normal-Slow
Best 3
# Neutral B: 0%
# Up A: 89%
# Up B: 79%

;_;
^_^

Amir0x said:
Exactly! Same reason I play Kingdom Hearts, even though its gameplay is weak as hell, was to experience the bizarre juxtaposition of certain random Final Fantasy characters with certain random Disney characters!

Did you play Onimusha Blade Warriors for Mega Man Vs. Samurai Guy and that Smash TV Game for Snake Vs. Optimus Prime?

7Th

Jiggy37 said:
Well, I could believe a 35% up smash since we're seeing King Dedede have a 44% side smash. But three jumps? >_>

Ganondorf flies in some Zelda games! Not like it matters, his two jumps in Melee were enough for a good player.

Jiggy

Being ludicrously powerful won't matter too much if it's as impossible to connect with as Melee Ganondorf's up tilt, or Melee Kirby's hammer.

Firestorm

Mockingbird said:
Not in four player FFA.

Pretty hard to connect as you always get backstabbed by some bastard :D

Does anyone else allow whoever's edgeguarding to kill off the one recovering, then attack as soon as they connect with their attack? >_>

Jiggy37 said:
Being ludicrously powerful won't matter too much if it's as impossible to connect with as Melee Ganondorf's up tilt, or Melee Kirby's hammer.

One of my buddies lives and dies buy Kirby's hammer. He's not exactly what I'd call good, but he can surprise you at times. He tends to do just well enough to enter a tie-breaker against any comp player he plays(1-9). I can usually beat him, but he's tough to get to fall.

jman2050

Firestorm said:

Does anyone else allow whoever's edgeguarding to kill off the one recovering, then attack as soon as they connect with their attack? >_>

My strategy of choice is standing alone in a corner while the other 3 players rack of the % on one another and then when one of them dies join the fray for a bit.

Firestorm said:

No. I want the kill, so I try and steal it whenever possible.

TreIII

SexConker said:
What does DI stand for?

Directional Input.

Basically, it implies how a human/cpu player is able to use their inputs on a controller to some what effect what kind of direction that they may be sent flying in. Crouch Cancelling basically thrives on this notion of you pressing down while being hit, so that you'll skirt closer to the ground, rather than flying through the air.

Jiggy37 said:

Well, I think that much was anticipated. Besides, except for a few cases, not many of the characters use their Full-Charge Smashes any way. It's much safer to stick with normal or slightly charged models, if you want to use one at all. I could imagine Dedede being no different in this case.

SexConker

Banned
So they just knocked a motionless Mario CPU around Final Destination? :lol

I wonder if they accounted for the fact that multiple attacks of the same type yield less damage. (They did in Melee and I think SSB, probably do in Brawl too.)
Side A! Nope, he didn't fall off, nudge him to the center. Side A! Nope. Side A! Almost, try it again. SIDE A!! There he goes.

miyuru

SexConker said:
So they just knocked a motionless Mario CPU around Final Destination? :lol

I wonder if they accounted for the fact that multiple attacks of the same type yield less damage. (They did in Melee and I think SSB, probably do in Brawl too.)
Side A! Nope, he didn't fall off, nudge him to the center. Side A! Nope. Side A! Almost, try it again. SIDE A!! There he goes.

Could you elaborate? I've never heard of that in SSBM, interesting.

aeolist

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
They're flat boots now, thankfully. :D Er, unless you mean she hits with the heel of her foot, but as far as I know, side kicks usually don't.
In Melee she would kick to the side in the air and a little spark would appear on her heel. If you hit someone with it just right there would be a satisfying sound effect and sparkly visual surrounding the enemy and the attack was a lot more powerful.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jiggy37 said:
Hmm, I never zoomed in to tell, but okay, I'll take your word for it. And, looking it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick#Side_kick

I guess side kicks often do connect with the heel? Guess I learn something every day. >_> Would have thought it was the ball...
Hell, one of the Zelda trophies in SSBM specifically calls out her heel kick as one of her best moves. RESPECT THE HEEL! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jiggy

My friends just call it The Foot. :lol

Edit: And then there's the friend of one of my relatives, who calls The Knee "Thundercat Tuesday" or something like that for no reason I can figure out.

TreIII

"Death Kick", here in MD. :lol

But any way, being buffed is definitely a good thing. All it does is seemingly doing more to showcase that Sakurai is probably "Sorry" for how poorly Zel was treated last time, and now, she really is going to be a viable option, such that you may or may not need to switch to Sheik at all. And I like that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mine mainly just yell out "GODDAMNIT" or "NOOOOO" or "WTF!" or something to that effect. :D

TreIII said:
"Death Kick", here in MD. :lol

But any way, being buffed is definitely a good thing. All it does is seemingly doing more to showcase that Sakurai is probably "Sorry" for how poorly Zel was treated last time, and now, she really is going to be a viable option, such that you may or may not need to switch to Sheik at all. And I like that.
The big question is how the changes compare to everyone else's. If enough other people get a boost, Zelda may not really move too far up overall.

jman2050

MadraptorMan said:
My friends call it Twinkle Toes ^_^

ae18cx.jpg

approves

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Duderz said:
Sheik & Samus... nerfed? :(

Looks like I'll be searching for new characters to play. :(
How is Sheik nerfed at all? Her Up Smash is still ludicrously powerful. Her down smashes and side smashes were never that strong. It's not like you use her Up B for anything other than recovery. So long as she can maintain her combos, forward a air is enough as far as finishers go.

underfooter said:
Link wasn't slow and heavy in Melee was he? It seems like they gimped his smash attacks too.

Well I don't know if there were any official stats for him, but he was quite slow last game as well, and not really the best jumper. Seems about right.

Iam Canadian said:
Ness can team up with whoever he likes as long as I get at least one Ness-Lucas tagteam level.

More like Black Shadow has to be a boss.

More like both.

Jiggy37 said:
As great as it would be for Luigi to finally kick his loser brother to the curb and become the Mario series' true hero like I wish he'd done back in the days of 1985, this couldn't happen. Edit: And I'd also be massively pumped for Jigglypuff ousting Pikachu, Ness ousting Link or whoever, and Captain Falcon ousting Fox. But it's way too awesome an idea to happen. :(

But it'd be too awesome for words! They wouldn't necessarily be main characters, they'd just be legendary fighters, and part of the plot is the main characters have to find them.

jwj442

Keep in mind that some attacks are more powerful depending on where you hit with them (eg, Marth's sword is strongest at the tip), and they may or may not have taken this into account.

Firestorm said:
Source: http://www.brawlcentral.com

Back to my thoughts:
- Meta Knight can't kill confirmed :(
- What happened to Sheik's forward-air :(
- What did they do to Ice Climbers they're so weak now holy crap :(

Every single person seems to be weaker than last time except maybe Zelda. This is % lived <i>without</i> DI. I mean, with correct DI almost everyone's gonna be living to close to 150 - 200%? o_O
Meta Knight isn't bad at all. Tried him at the E4All demo and with his speed, repeated attacks and combos from him do some serious damage. One of the recent commercials had a good example of this with him against Yoshi in a 4 player match. I'm happy Sheik was nerfed there. She was broken and overpowered in Melee. What has happened to the Ice Climbers saddens me. I was so happy to see them return and they weakened them. Popo will be pretty useless with an even easier to kill Nana now. Peach's nerf sucks too but Kirby returning closer to his former Smash64 self, more than makes up for that.

I still don't understand why they used Squirtle instead of Blastoise. Blastoise is the best of the 3 fully evolved starter Pokemon from Red/Blue imo... *sigh* so many great memories with Blastoise... :(
>_>

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
bigmakstudios said:
I still don't understand why they used Squirtle instead of Blastoise. Blastoise is the best of the 3 fully evolved starter Pokemon from Red/Blue imo... *sigh* so many great memories with Blastoise... :(
>_>
Because they wanted to use a stage 1, stage 2, and stage 3 evolution of the red/blue/green starters, and charizard is by FAR the most popular.

flip a coin between Ivysaur and Squirtle or Warturtle and bulbasaur.

Top Bottom