• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kishi will just have one of Madara's powers be unavailable to him at the most inopportune moment. That's what he did with Obito. There was no way Kishi could've written a plausible way to have Naruto and the alliance beat Obito if he had the ten tails' power and could still phase through attacks.

Which is why he shouldn't come up with the most ridiculous power for the Uchihas. His hard on for Uchihas got him into these mess and looks like he didn't learn at all from it.

I still think Nagato/Pain was the best villain he made. Nagato should have been the final villain.

He'll do to Madara what he did to Obito: make one or more of his powers completely inaccessible (or conveniently forgotten) so that Naruto can beat him. Kishi had to take Obito's phasing ability away from him after he fused with the 10-tails so that Naruto and the gang beating doesn't seem like a massive stretch.
I was somewhat glad that he took that away. It's the most ridiculous power in the series. Phasing just made a novice into top tier. Without phasing Kakashi put a damn hole in his chest.

Honestly, the power inflation in Naruto wouldn't bother me even half way if the story surrounding it weren't so shit.

YYH got fucking ridiculous by the Three Kings arc yet that shit was still badass than a motherfucker.

Finalow

Tobaku Haouden Zero part 2

tumblr_m546lvas4L1r2qltxo1_500.jpg

I didn't like it as much as part 1 but I still want more. is there any date or something for the third part?

He should die anyways. It would make this manga interesting.
it might be too late for that.

also I'm not even sure why I started to read Bleach again but yeah, never mind. last chapter was even worse than usual, and dat last page.

I figured he had no way out of it, especially when he screwed up Neji's death. Kishi usually does deaths well so the fact he screwed it up screams that he had just thought of it as a way to move the plot. I'd be shocked if he had actually planned that one out at all, no build up to it or anything. It just happened.

The end of Neji's arc was perfectly written... It just happened almost 400 chapters after Neji had done anything relevant to the plot.

Vagabond definitely has better art. Tamer subject but Inoue is still a madman.

KNIM

You know, this the first insanity in a long time. Haruto had any number of other choices if he wanted to stay with her. Let's see if the author's still got it.

Yonafunu

Honestly, Vagabond and Berserk are incomparable. The material is so different, comparing them is next to pointless. However, there is only one series where chapters with nothing happening can still satisfy me, and that is Vagabond.
Art-wise Inoue is the best mangaka of the moment. Miura is amazing, definitely, but the amount of detail in every single panel of Vagabond is staggering.

I'm only talking about the art though. Haven't read Vagabond (well, only one volume) nor Berserk.

come ooooooon kurita :(

Naruto:
Naruto without Kurama's power is weaker than Tenshihan's little clown. Doubt Kurama is gonna rip out of him like that.

Without using the Fox's chakra, he was still quite a powerhouse. After all, he beat a Kage and Pain with just the Sage chakra. But yeah, he will be losing a bunch of his potential without the fox.

Tobaku Haouden Zero part 2
I didn't like it as much as part 1 but I still want more. is there any date or something for the third part?

Zero part 2 (Gyanki Hen) is really bland. You don't feel any kind of urgency (maybe some during the card game miniarc) and the strategies/riddles are pretty weak.
It's a pointless spinoff-like part, with no real character development to at least give some meaning to it.
Its serialization ended earlier this year, maybe we'll know something more about the third part in 2014.

[Fugo]

Hokuto no Toriko - Gourmet Kyuseishu Densetsu

he's back!
I really liked all the people gathering to cheer Toriko up... mirroring the "food appreciation", this was really a sign of "Bishokuya Appreciation" by the human world population.
Things are soo off the scale thinking back even a few volumes. It was not long ago than a capture level above 100 was already "omg", those numbers are insane. I don't think Toriko can hang against the thousands level beasts yet, it's obvious he leveled up but I don't think by THAT much for now.

Oh, and I can't wait to see Midora-Alfaro-Starjun kicking some ass. I'm growing fond of the loyal Bisokukai somehow

Kuroko no Basket 244

This was a chapter dedicated to MUSCLE and filler talk. Throughout the match, we've had the peanut gallery saying Seirin's no match for Rakuzan. We've had our respective match-ups and their foregone conclusions, so now it should be time to focus on Akashi. If Akashi ends up not needing to go all-out once Kuroko's presumably put back in, then Rakuzan will retain their title of "final boss." The chapter count is slowly approaching Slam Dunk's final chapter count so I have to wonder how much longer Fujimaki can stretch out this manga. I can't imagine Kuroko going on as long as the Big Three.

Inoue is a god tier mangaka for me. The way he can change his art style is just incredible. And he is a real narrative storyteller. The complete package.

Beelzebub 234

Wow Oga, I kind of expected more but if he truly has no remnant power, then everyone is doomed even if a barrier is there. Perhaps Furuichi can be his savior.

Bleach

Terrible chapter to end the year, so many weeks to wait to see Renji's new blade. Hopefully altered bankai too!

Toriko 263

Pretty good end to part 1, not sure if we'll see a time skip though. I'd rather see the cast fight and level up through the gourmet world instead of time skipping and being that powerful

Kuroko no Basket 244

This was a chapter dedicated to MUSCLE and filler talk. Throughout the match, we've had the peanut gallery saying Seirin's no match for Rakuzan. We've had our respective match-ups and their foregone conclusions, so now it should be time to focus on Akashi. If Akashi ends up not needing to go all-out once Kuroko's presumably put back in, then Rakuzan will retain their title of "final boss." The chapter count is slowly approaching Slam Dunk's final chapter count so I have to wonder how much longer Fujimaki can stretch out this manga. I can't imagine Kuroko going on as long as the Big Three.
That brahs black muscles are just too much. Hopefully the editor can come up with a way for Kuroko to defeat Akashi because I eally don't want to see them run the gauntlet again....

That brahs black muscles are just too much. Hopefully the editor can come up with a way for Kuroko to defeat Akashi because I eally don't want to see them run the gauntlet again....

Thought the focus on Nebuya would last a bit longer since it feels like Fujimaki's doing his best to stretch this match out. Yeah in all honesty, I wouldn't mind Seirin winning this match just so we wouldn't be stuck with going through another tournament to get to the inevitable rematch as the climax. Curious how or if the manga will cover the Nationals with any depth.

Chousuinou Kei 1-4
A mystery series to fill the void left by Spiral. Kazaoka with this quantum computer brain to analyze even the most minute details, calculate percentages, and even exercise generating great hypotheses and even have pro gramer skills and a dazzling appearance thanks to excellent art is truly one of my favorite that the magazine produces. The mysteries thus far are intense, with the incinerated gamer being just as interesting as the phone app death game. The supporting cast is a bit lacking with the female character being just as useless as the actual lieutenant detective. Perhaps they can be better developed as time goes on. Good start.

Toriko
World is suffering from a famine but everyone could yank out they're favorite food to show Toriko... Okay I'll let that slide since it made Toriko come back to his senses, now he could be useful and go help Coco and the gang in the 0th biotype... Wait where is he going?
Border to the gourmet world?! Da fuck come back Toriko.... Toriko?... Toriko!!!!!!
Edit: Well I guess since he saw everybody having food he decided that he didn't need to assemble Ichiryu's full course

Soul Cartel 102 - 103

Cereberus coming back by Noona's spatial teleport is an interesting event but the Faust and Gretchen story is more compelling. The scene with her saying she hasnt forgiven him and then Faust completely collapsing heartcrushed was one of the more emotional and powerful moments for his character all series. The tears.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 244

Still in the 2nd quarter and the power of all 3 Crownless Generals are revealed.

The manga author really stacked the deck for Seirin with Kuroko on the bench, the rest of the team can't keep up with the Crownless Generals and Akashi hasn't done anything in the match yet.

I feel the author needs to give Seirin a little hope before the 2nd quarter is over because he possibly can't keep up this pace with Rakuzan just smacking around Seirin.

Yume Touka no End Roll (1-4 end)

Good short story collection with the second story about the crossdresser and the internet cafe guy (who were childhood friends as it went on to say) forming a family being the more powerful and emotional one. Final story was more of my typical childhood friends harbor feelings for each other but cant say it while in highschool and meet up again type of thing. Eyeball part was just plain weird and awkward, though its final scene redeemed it.

Memorable one shot collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom