• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Lele I can let you open my- oh wait glass rebel got mad at me last time i did this

There are PMs for that stuff
Jcb9rMP.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yes, please. I like this series.

The last 24 hours have been good for bjork's manga tastes. A whole bunch of chapters for Clover and then the ending for Rookies.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Rookies is the best sports manga there ever was.

I am going to be an adult here and actually read Rookies first before I decide if you're wrong or not.

Slam Dunk holds the crown in my life currently.

bjork

I am going to be an adult here and actually read Rookies first before I decide if you're wrong or not.

Slam Dunk holds the crown in my life currently.

Slam Dunk is no slouch for sure, but I'm partial to baseball and these last few chapters had me speaking to my monitor.

I'm not really sure if it's right to classify Rookies as a sports manga, but it is really good.

Why's that? It's as much a sports manga as something like Touch or H2, and I'd consider those sports manga as well.

UQ Holder 16
tumblr_myfcgdGVEp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Touta is so silly, and all the kids with him. Probably the funniest chapter in awhile. Ultimately the manga did redeem itself and is shaping up to be something extremely special. Kuromaru liking Touta and even being finally confirmed to what was hinted canonically is commendable.

upandaway

Why's that? It's as much a sports manga as something like Touch or H2, and I'd consider those sports manga as well.
Never read those but I remember people here describing them in a way similar to how I'd describe Rookies, yeah. It's technically sports but the sport itself is a really low focus for the manga, it's just a tool for what's really going on there, unlike something like Jump's sports manga that are basically the sport with a story. I guess that's what I think about when I think about a sports manga. Or at least, I like to make a distinction, since they're completely different types of manga to the point where they should be different genres.

bjork

Never read those but I remember people here describing them in a way similar to how I'd describe Rookies, yeah. It's technically sports but the sport itself is a really low focus for the manga, it's just a tool for what's really going on there, unlike something like Jump's sports manga that are basically the sport with a story. I guess that's what I think about when I think about a sports manga. Or at least, I like to make a distinction, since they're completely different types of manga to the point where they should be different genres.

I guess I'm not understanding, because it's a baseball manga with the story about the team coming back from being disbanded following a fight. There's an arc involving setting up the team, but after that it's just the games and the team trying to shrug off their negative rep.

I don't know of a different style of sports manga, I assumed they're all like that since everything I've encountered has been. Hmm...

Dennis

Banned
So inspired by the Zelda Joestar thread in Gaming I went to Wiki to check out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...................and there is apparently about a million volumes already.

Is it hopeless to get started with the manga? Or should I just watch the recent anime series?

One-Punch Man is pretty good by the way. Love the art.

bjork

So inspired by the Zelda Joestar thread in Gaming I went to Wiki to check out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...................and there is apparently about a million volumes already.

Is it hopeless to get started with the manga? Or should I just watch the recent anime series?

It's possible to read the entire thing, but when I did a few years back there were some super iffy translations, especially Part 4.

Part 1 and 2 are fine
Part 3 has some really shitty scans
Part 4 has been rescanned and rescanlated except for the last 3 volumes
Part 5 and 6 alright from what I remember
Part 7 and 8 have great scanlations

The anime is only part 1 and 2 so far with part 3 announced

I read the manga and didn't regret it one bit. It's awesome.

To be honest, I bounced of the first volumes of JoJo, between the old art and the stilted narrative.

Later, the anime got me in the story in a easier way. It kind of made me notice the cheese factor in a humorous way, instead of a serious way that made me dislike the manga.

Korosenai

Just watch the anime and see if you like it or not.

Naruto 660

So he's getting his fathers half soon enough then.

Wondering if Bee is inside the tail Gyuki cut off.

Bleach 563

lol Star nipples

Mask and James have really been making these last few chapters of Bleach enjoyable.

Will be sad to see them go.

One Piece 733

Only good part was Usopp being cowardly.

Not interested in the Colosseum, Rebecca/her dad, or that cliffhanger.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko 263 portoguese
Rapid summary of what i've managed to understand...
It seems that all that people showed Toriko all ingredients he discovered and showed him how much those ingredients have enhanced their lives, that made Toriko want to follow his dream again, to become "O Maior Bishokuya do Mundo!!" (best bishokuya of the world).

scy

She even has a prequel manga!

Which, speaking of, I always find the deaths of the girls sad. Even if they had like all of 3 sentences up to that point.

She's in the title and all, but even Mein has more presence (and deathflags) than her . . . maybe later.

To make her eventual death all the more tragic.

Or to make it all the more ironic when she outlives everyone.

Mob Psycho 8 - 24

Great action. I like the brother kageyama r more though, entertaining and enjoyable plot and his wanting to help mob out and such and even protect him a bit. Hope he continues to get good involvement and actual powers.

Dia Game 4 and 5
Yes the pairing I wanted ended up being canon and Kuro managed to find a way to stay with him in the end. Liked this manga quite a bit though these scenes could have had more action. Hopefully the extras deliver that content.

Hime Doll! 10-14

Finally Oomori gets some panel time but why so short, he was my favorite from the start and the most interesting, even if it was cooking based.

lot of the events just resolve way too fast, could see that many would have been full chapters but I guess the notice that it was ending at chp 16 had already been passed on to the writer at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom