• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Kasane 3
nr3.png

I like this new girl, she better not die.
The best part of this story is how Kasane struggles between staying beautiful inside and ugly outside, or becoming beautiful outside but really ugly inside. I can only hope that it ends with her staying beautiful inside and becoming beautiful outside.

Aizo

Banned
Rookies Vol.24 END

So many manly tears, so much hot blooded. I really dont know if the end was rushed but it was very similar to Slam Dunk.

A really memorable read.

This makes me hesitant to read it. I loved Slam Dunk, but really disliked the last game and ending. The ending resolved nothing of any ongoing sub plots. Rookies is similar in this way?

KNIM

I think Nagoshi is my favorite character.

Edit: is it supposed to be endearing or something that haruko won't touch his girlfriend? The fuck is wrong with this dude. Any sane woman would have dumped his gum-diseased ass six months ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";94830463]KNIM

I think Nagoshi is my favorite character.

Edit: is it supposed to be endearing or something that haruko won't touch his girlfriend? The fuck is wrong with this dude. Any sane woman would have dumped his gum-diseased ass six months ago.[/QUOTE]

It's the magic of

skqwx1o.jpg

Usotsuki Boyfriend 01

He's good looking and popular with the girls but also extremely innocent. His job is to help break up couples by making the girls fall in love with him with being helped by his younger and older brother.

Kinda amusing. The main character's complete innocence regarding women is pretty funny and his two brothers are pretty interesting especially with their roles. All those fangirl reactions were pretty funny too so this could be a good read.

Aizo

Banned
Yōkai Kyōshitsu
One of Itō's weaker works, sadly. The ending didn't do much for me, and it's just a bit too silly.

Edit:
Hōrō Musuko - Vol. 5(?)-9

It's these dramatic, self-reflective moments that really allow Shimura's minimalistic art to shine. Sometimes, the lack of backgrounds and other detail starts to detract from the experience, but this makes up for it! Gorgeous. Shū has been away from school for a while. Hopefully he gains confidence soon to be a girl!

Yeah, I could have sworn that flashback was going to lead to Rebecca doing something.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

uyIB98e.gif

Up to volume 5. Actual impressions later. It's really hard to appreciate the film now though.

Ironically (for a guy known now as a movie director), the best Miyazaki work.

Aizo

Banned
Samehada-Otoko to Momojiri-Onna
Look at these badasses.
I was happy to see that Momojiri didn't need no man to keep her safe.
This one volume series was exactly what I expected. Just a nice action manga styled similarly to a Western action flick. I just wish the ending wasn't such a waste.

Kokushi Musou!! 5
tumblr_myezhxYIJa1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The art still remains a bit awkward at times with some bafflingly drawn faces that Im surprised the artist let go through but I guess it is what it is. Maybe it will improve over time. Solid plot with the scrolls and a clear path of advancement through the martial art ranks to escape this training grounds.

Theonik

Tokyo Akazukin 03
Deep commentary on the corruption of modern society and its decrepitude.

Tokyo Akazukin 04
The value of friendship. And finally desparation. But mostly friendship.
That fight was brutal.

dramatis

I wonder if Himedoll will make it to volume 5. It's interesting that both Himedoll and Hachi use English font logos on their covers.

Did see anyone post it here but Pegasus Seiya was confirmed playable for jump victory vs, allan walker was confirmed support. Hisoka was teased playable to be confirmed in january

New Jump tankoubons for January

I like the first 3, dat Furuichi.

The Toriko one doesn't look terrible for once.

The Himedol!! one looks really plain and bland.

Did see anyone post it here but Pegasus Seiya was confirmed playable for jump victory vs, allan walker was confirmed support. Hisoka was teased playable to be confirmed in january

smh, always putting the interesting characters as support how lame

LeleSocho

Banned

I really want that game but i don't want to open my Vita :/
Maybe i should find a ps3 for cheap...

I really want that game but i don't want to open my Vita :/
Maybe i should find a ps3 for cheap...

Why would you not want to open your vita if you own one?

Still need to read dgray man sad to see such a cool looking character is support only. Hopefully some of these supports are made fully playable as dlc or in the inevitable sequel.

bjork

Yes, please. I like this series.

The last 24 hours have been good for bjork's manga tastes. A whole bunch of chapters for Clover and then the ending for Rookies.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Rookies is the best sports manga there ever was.

LeleSocho

Banned
Why would you not want to open your vita if you own one?

Still need to read dgray man sad to see such a cool looking character is support only. Hopefully some of these supports are made fully playable as dlc or in the inevitable sequel.

There isn't any game on it that interest me (aside this one) i have it since EU launch and it's still in its box sealed.
I'm going to resell it for an higher price to the freaks that prefers the shitty OLED when the 2000 comes overseas.

I hate how many fighting games are coming to the Vita. I want to play all of them but none of my friends have the system and I don't like playing online.

Lele I can let you open my- oh wait glass rebel got mad at me last time i did this

I didn't get mad. I was just worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom