• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Danthrax said:
WTF how do you guys have English translations already? Both the US and UK sites are still on Masterpieces for me. The only one that's updated is the stupid German one.

It's in the Game Modes section but I don't see it on the main page yet.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
various24_080128v-l.jpg

VIRTUAL BOY DID EXIST.

m00

The jp version of the Dojo has a different game in the lower right corner of the Masterpieces screenshot. Does anyone here know what it is?

various24_080128u-l.jpg
various24_080128u-l.jpg

dyls

The Chronicle may be my favorite part of the Vault. I love that kind of complete catalog listing; I hope there's a little info about each game.

The fact that they included Virtual Boy makes me wonder if we won't see some other representation of the system in the game. Maybe a stage that's completely red vector(?) graphics?

Chumly

I wonder if we will have

Solo
Group
Data

Explained before release. Since we just got vault and we already know options and WiFi has been semi gone over. I could potentially see those as the next three updates before release.

Dreavus

m00 said:
The jp version of the Dojo has a different game in the lower right corner of the Masterpieces screenshot. Does anyone here know what it is?

various24_080128u-l.jpg
various24_080128u-l.jpg

Looks like Fire emblem... I hope we get that in ours too!

EDIT: beaten =P

Iam Canadian

Nice of Nintendo to actually acknowledge it.

Maybe there'll be a Virtual Boy A.T that turns everything black and red or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, did anybody else look closely at the Chronicle screenshot? Game and Watch confirmed.

Doesn't necessarily completely confirm the actual character is in, sure, but...

Iam Canadian said:
Nice of Nintendo to actually acknowledge it.

Maybe there'll be a Virtual Boy A.T that turns everything black and red or something.

Even better would be a virtual boy stage, but it's only acessible once every hour on the hour.

kamikaze

Milabrega said:
The Dojo is a hype machine. Why would things slow in its last week before the game is released? If anything the floodgates should be opening.

because i probably have the worst track record for predictions?

awesome update! :D

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
Jiggy, have we ever had 3 game mode updates in a row before?
Not officially.

December 17th: Co-op Events, stealth Coin Mode, stealth co-op Target Smash
Three in one day, if that counts. :p If not...

December 26th: Trophy Stands (adventure mode (not game mode)), stealth boss rematches (game mode)
December 27th: Coin Launcher (game mode)
December 28th: Dragoon (item) + Share (game mode)

And I classified boss rematches as a game mode, but some might say that's more related to adventure mode, so it's arguable there. But what's gone on for the past three updates this time is definitely unprecedented. :D

suaveric said:
did we know before this update that we'll be able to use the SD card for storing levels?

Yeah. Do we know if we can play levels directly off the SD card without having to copy them over? If we do I'm probably just going to be angry at Nintendo for their shitty system for VC.

Milabrega said:
Exceed 300 feet swim distance with all characters???

Huh? Swim mode confirmed?

There's a pokemon trainer VS pokemon trainer video on youtube, and at one part you can clearly see Charizard swims for a bit.

I'm really happy they added this, because I always felt it was sort of dumb how the characters in Melee would just drown in Termina Bay.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Note the "As of 2007" on the Chronicles page.

I'm thinking we might see the Chronicles page updated throughout the life of the Wii.

TJ Spyke

Mockingbird said:
Yeah, that would be sweet. Super Smash Bros. Melee had some upcoming titles trophy too. The only ones I can recall are Alpha (Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest) and Love Giant and Hate Giant (Doushin the Giant) though. I don't remember if the Animal Crossing characters had an upcoming label or not.

Yes, all of the trophies from Cubivore, Doshin the Giant, and Animal Crossing were labeled as "Future Release" (obviously it turned out to be BS with Doshin).

Jiggy

pulga said:
Only 0:40 seconds to try out Ice Climbers? Surely, that can't be possible.
That would be thirty more seconds than Ice Climber is worth playing anyway. (The ten seconds are important to realize how much it sucks. >_>)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DavidDayton said:

I'm thinking we might see the Chronicles page updated throughout the life of the Wii.
That just might make a whole lot of sense.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
That would be thirty more seconds than Ice Climber is worth playing anyway. (The ten seconds are important to realize how much it sucks. >_>)

I remember the first six or so seconds being of extreme denial. The "this was in Smash Bros Melee...this can't be that bad" type of denial. Then it sunk in.

Awesome update. So many possible thread titles :lol

Mm hmm... ...This is just nuts.

I’ve clearly gone overboard with Brawl.

Build stages like this one!...AND THIS ONE

Brawl: playing the way you want to play.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
DavidDayton said:

Yeah I noticed that too, I'll bet you're right. Maybe the list will be updated and we'll get [gasp] downloadable content?! New stickers and ATs?!

E-phonk

Banned
so, in the interview, when they talk about searching for old advertisements and manuals for games - can this be for chronicles?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ice Climbers is decent.

I wonder how long they'll let you play EB for. I do think it would be hilarious if they let you unlock more time for the masterpieces.

Congratulations! You can now play Earthbound for TEN minutes!

Jiggy

If Ice Climber had smooth controls, I'd probably like it quite a bit more. I admit, it's hard to argue with 100 levels and the ability to select any of them at any time. And besides that, the game concept was nice and the choices for character and settings were original to be sure.

Edit: Writing this post made me realize exactly why it's limited to 40 seconds. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom