• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, Oda has an amazing work ethic. Starting serialization in 1997, he has more than 700 chapters. Togashi started one year later, but only has 340 in comparison.

If it were me, I'd probably stop the instant I get enough popularity to live off of it for the rest of my life, :lol.

Oda has amazing work ethic? I always thought its rather unhealthy work ethic, driving himself to sickness, trying to work instead of recover through symptoms of overworking, its not good.

Kieli

Oda has amazing work ethic? I always thought its rather unhealthy work ethic, driving himself to sickness, trying to work instead of recover through symptoms of overworking, its not good.

I absolutely agree. I wonder if a shift to a bi-weekly or monthly schedule helps? I notice most monthly series have roughly 35 or so pages compared to the weekly 15 - 17 pages for WSJ.

upandaway

Mashima is the one I think about whenever I think about a mangaka working hard (and having amazing work ethic). Those 3 chapters in one week were crazy.

Tripon

Mashima is the one I think about whenever I think about a mangaka working hard (and having amazing work ethic). Those 3 chapters in one week were crazy.

We don't know how many asst. Mashiba and Oda have at the moment. To say one has better work ethic than another just on Mashiba being able to release 3 chapters in one week is missing the point that both work incredibly hard, and shouldn't be knocked on it.

upandaway

We don't know how many asst. Mashiba and Oda have at the moment. To say one has better work ethic than another just on Mashiba being able to release 3 chapters in one week is missing the point that both work incredibly hard, and shouldn't be knocked on it.
....I think you're misunderstanding my replies, but yeah. They're both working pretty hard.

Lain

Mashima will also risk his life for his assistants by going to get them food and blankets during typhoons. Dude is a hero.

upandaway

Mashima will also risk his life for his assistants by going to get them food and blankets during typhoons. Dude is a hero.
I remember hearing about that but I don't remember it being Mishima, whoa.

Prison School

Welp it happened. Their serious looks are hilarious but that's nothing new. Also I think Andre's face gets slightly smaller every time we see him.

9SJw6Ad.png

Monster Musume 14

Fuck yeah, MC!

Wish I could remember his name, but that won't happen so long as everyone keeps calling him either Darling, Master, Husband, or Sir.

And where is the Dullahan girl? Nothing against the Arachne (She looks great!), but this is the second time she was skipped over.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aunt Tits 109

Well, looks like he failed. He had one job and failed miserably.

Now begins a countdown towards NICE BOAT

Sentou Jousai Masurawo 01-06

FFEwVSYl.jpg

A hikikomori meets a computer virus and joins a giant tournament to become the ruler of the world.

Pretty entertaining as this is basically someone using unorthodox ways of beating people who can actually fight. I'm liking the way this story is going and it is the plot is getting pretty enjoyable now.

Billion Dogs 05

I guess we're gonna get how all this whole 3 billion plan started.

Spoof on Titan 05

Titans in love.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 05

So uhhhh, I guess the main character still hasn't awaken yet? Sigh.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 05

A cave girl become the ideal Japanese girl that also hunts beast.

ARAIDOKI 05

The angel fails at being a girl it seems.

In a Heartbeat 04

I guess at least he won over the daughter.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 06

An uniform is of course more important than learning to actually bike.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 05

Secret Ninja Technique: Weight Losing!

Logick 02

Still pretty interesting and nice to see the other students at the art school.

Mortemis

Banned
Aunt tits 109

Terumi going dooowwwwnnn. So he's supposed to stop her from going yandere? Why does that sound like it'll fail?

Tower of God S2 94

shitsbouttogetrealerthanreal.jpg Fuck shit up Baam.

Btw,

Dem feet.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 93

YEAH WELL FUCK YOU TOO ANDRE ;_;

Chou Nettaiya Orgy 4

Uncultured barbarians that crumple up the chips and just siphon them out of the packet should be executed in public like the dogs they are.

aunt tits 109

rip #teamdick. the dream is dead :(

Stinky

Blue Spring (Taiyo Matsumoto)

Matsumoto%252C%2BBlue%2BSpring.jpg

Awful. Can't get into this guys stuff at all. Its weird because I loved the Mind Game movie.

But this was almost random.. every chapter felt like it had absolutely no purpose or direction.

Also I am so torn on the art.. it has a certain charm but sometimes its so crude and ugly.

bjork

Blue Spring (Taiyo Matsumoto)

Matsumoto%252C%2BBlue%2BSpring.jpg

Awful. Can't get into this guys stuff at all. Its weird because I loved the Mind Game movie.

But this was almost random.. every chapter felt like it had absolutely no purpose or direction.

Also I am so torn on the art.. it has a certain charm but sometimes its so crude and ugly.

:gasp:

That's kind of the theme, though. The kids on the school roof had no direction. The three guys who get the gun had no direction. The baseball team had no direction after losing the big game. The kid being chased was lost, so he technically had no direction as well.

I love that his art feels like something scribbled on a napkin at a diner, but I can totally see how it's not for everyone. But you might want to check out his other longer works, since those have more of a cohesive story.

Kabe no Naka no Tenshi (Bikke) 3

Marions time and the time skip was rather intense. Fun times getting to know Leo and learn the alphabet and letter writing but then the teary eyes. I hope marion can confess somehow unless Leo cant get over veronica.

Stinky

:gasp:

That's kind of the theme, though. The kids on the school roof had no direction. The three guys who get the gun had no direction. The baseball team had no direction after losing the big game. The kid being chased was lost, so he technically had no direction as well.

I love that his art feels like something scribbled on a napkin at a diner, but I can totally see how it's not for everyone. But you might want to check out his other longer works, since those have more of a cohesive story.

Kinda appreciate it a bit more now that you say that.

I read a bit of Sunny which was okay and Takemitsu Zamurai which was also good.. I wanted to go back to that one because some of the art is really cool

bjork

Kinda appreciate it a bit more now that you say that.

I read a bit of Sunny which was okay and Takemitsu Zamurai which was also good.. I wanted to go back to that one because some of the art is really cool

I keep wanting to buy sunny but I'm not in a spot to justify the price just yet. I think Black and White is my favorite of his work, but it's along the same lines as Blue Spring, visually.

Also fwiw, there's a Blue Spring live action movie that focuses on the roof clappers, it's not too bad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ran of the gray world 36

Please don't be another somewhat creepy middle age guy crushing on a little girl, though to be fair to outarou he didn't know till the end.

I absolutely agree. I wonder if a shift to a bi-weekly or monthly schedule helps? I notice most monthly series have roughly 35 or so pages compared to the weekly 15 - 17 pages for WSJ.

Perhaps he should.

ONE PIECE|EIICHIRO ODA
Happy New Year! Last year, I felt like I abused my body throughout the whole year, and I was cursed for overdoing it. I’m going to do it all over again this year!

Aunt Tits 109
Well you failed, Terumi. On the bright side, if he can handle the yandere, there is still a chance of more relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom