• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings December 23rd - December 29th

01. Ao no Exorcist #12 (276,710)
02. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #7 (249,653)
03. Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu。#5 (191,154)
04. Saki #12 (129,268)
05. Working!! #12 (122,902)
06. Ohkami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji #8 (103,641)
07. Fairy Tail #41 (101,206 / 384,643)
08. High Score Girl #5 (93,219)
09. Shingeki no Kyojin #12 (92,685 / 1,252,025)
10. Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsuraii!! #5 (83,152)
11. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #12 (81,962 / 161,781)
12. Hibi Chouchou #6 (80,606)
13. Shinohayu #1 (68,043)
14. Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru #12 (63,926)
15. Mairunovich #10 (63,564)
16. Aozora Yell #14 (59,180)
17. Daiya no Ace #39 (57,982 / 204,365)
18. Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu #6 (56,350 / 58,745)
19. Genshiken #15 (55,622 / 117,769)
20. Mahou-ka Koukou no Rettousei #4 (55,187)
21. Tomehanee! Suzuri Koukou Shodou-bu #12 (52,271)
22. Kokoro Button #11 (51,336)
23. Hirunaka no Ryuusei #8 (51,193)
24. Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu #8 (50,247 / 53,047)
25. Himitsu no Ai-chan #11 (49,123)
26. Nanatsu no Taizai #6 (48,725 / 201,452)
27. Chihayafuru #23 (47,722 / 340,945)
28. Neko to Watashi no Kinyoubi #3 (47,427)
29. Oyasumi Punpun #13 (46,023)
30. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha「Kono Yo no Mono ni Nare, Yuusha yo」「Kotowaru!」#9 (45,160 / 47,017)
31. Ato Nimo Saki Nimo Kimi Dake #6 (42,968)
32. Naruto #67 (42,666 / 922,462)
33. Kuroko no Basket #25 (40,409 / 572,876)
34. Saki Biyori #3 (40,244)
35. Mune ga Naru no wa Kimi no Sei #3 (38,683)
36. True Love #3 (36,615)
37. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Animation DVD Bundled Edition #7 (36,413)
38. Hayate no Gotoku! #39 (35,656 / 109,960)
39. Sakamoto Desuga? #2 (35,107 / 672,183)
40. Akai Ito #4 (33,960)
41. Shinjuku Swan #38 (32,692 / 65,929)
42. Shinjou-kun to Sasahara-kun #1 (32,026 / 33,055)
43. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu #20 (31,578 / 33,081)
44. Biorg Trinity #3 (29,806 / 78,044)
45. Akatsuki no Yona #13 (29,778 / 65,816)
46. One Piece #72 (29,141 / 2,631,194)
47. Zetman #19 (28,283 / 72,595)
48. Soul Eater #25 (28,002 / 226,285)
49. The Idol M@ster #2 (27,899)
50. One Punch-man #5 (27,878 / 335,625)

BLue Exorcist 53 + JPN Popularity Poll.

Awful results, Renzo Shima should have been igher and Rin too, though I must commend them for having Kinzo Shima rank and they gave Bon a good outfit.

Chapter was intense once the truth was revealed finally feels like Kamiki/Illuminati plot is picking up.

So Yukio is the superior brother after all.

Crunchyroll added three more manga from Futabasha's "Manga Action" magazine.

Love Theory (Japanese title: Love Riron)
Artist: Masaki Satou / Original Theory: Keiya Mizuno

Silver Nina (Japanese title: Shirogane no Nina)
Artist: ITOKATSU

Inside Mari (Japanese title: Boku wa Mari no Naka)
Artist: Shuzo Oshimi

wonzo

Banned
Crunchyroll added three more manga from Futabasha's "Manga Action" magazine.

Love Theory (Japanese title: Love Riron)
Artist: Masaki Satou / Original Theory: Keiya Mizuno

Silver Nina (Japanese title: Shirogane no Nina)
Artist: ITOKATSU

Inside Mari (Japanese title: Boku wa Mari no Naka)
Artist: Shuzo Oshimi
silver nina's nice but holy shit

e: really sucks the backlog isnt out yet as i'd love to catch up on silver nina & re-read mari in good quality :(

diaspora

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou ch5

Holy shit, her dad's nonchalance to her talking about her
masturbation habits
was super-interesting.

edit: Ch6: this keeps on delivering. Good to see they see eye-to-eye.

Saiyaku wa Boku o Suki Sugiru 12
BdVwuWjCMAA1wF5.png

Well a break from all the misfortunes over the past was a good thing to have to make this feel a bit happier than it has been at times. For Ichijou and Izumi and, the time at this inn staying together while meeting his family along with the dreams helped to finally provide good backstory for the events. Im guessing somehow a curse was introduced in the backstory when the reveal that the priestess was actually a guy was revealed and someones loose lips let loose the secret :(.

The numerouse tease scenes were hilarious, though it still keeps the bl to a minimum level for this supernatural story but it still remains one of my favorite thus far, Izumi and Ichijou's underwear discussion in the end volume story was funny, though what other underwear is izumi wearing if its not boxers, wish to know what Ichijou was thinking.

wonzo

Banned
Sneewittchen - Geschichten nach Grimm 10-12 END

A rather fitting end to a really interested collection of creative takes on some classic Grimm Fairy Tales. There's no reason for people ITT not to read it now that it's completely translated either so get to it!

I'm trying to remember the name of a series someone posted here a while back, it was about a lesbian who get enrolled in an all-boys school by her mother. I only read the beginning of it but it seemed interesting enough, although I completely forgot about it and now don't even remember what it was called lol.

Hakkenden [code:t-8]

Only 10 pages and ending when Shino made a summon, how cruel.

Green Worldz 5

And this is only eight pages. Good colour for enhancing the character expressions, but otherwise it left me wanting more for how they will escape this plant world.

Akito

I'm trying to remember the name of a series someone posted here a while back, it was about a lesbian who get enrolled in an all-boys school by her mother. I only read the beginning of it but it seemed interesting enough, although I completely forgot about it and now don't even remember what it was called lol.
Houou Gakuen Misoragumi?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
KIMI WA MIDARA NA BOKU NO JOOU

Okay skipping the lewd visuals aside, this was fucking hilarious an awesome short read. Is there anything like this? It was so fucking funny .

wonzo

Banned
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 9

kimibokujoou9.png

I lost it when the little sister burst into the room and was greeted with quite the surprise!

Good thing to know this is now an ongoing series again.

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 4

The second pair of glasses looked better imo, she should totally get those!

Donyatsu 31

aww sheeeeit its getting real up in this

wahjah friend moe 10

those two really need to let it all out and just hate fuck each other

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

What. I thought I read it all then I heard the news. This is the best new manga ever. So fucking hilarious I'm dying. The suspense of "No.... no.... it couldn't... omg. omg omgomg ITS HAPPENING BUWHAHAHAHAHA' is killing me.

The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children 03

A nice story about a girl's fears of being unable to succeed.

I like it. It definitely brings forth the ideas of what will happen if you don't succeed and I liked the ending.

duckroll

Magi - Chapter 209

Lol, that's just bullshit political philosophy right there. The only reason the "OMG WHAT IS ALIBABA GOING TO DO?!" thing is still a somewhat effective cliffhanger is because sadly the guy is known is make really stupid decisions at times. :p

Aizo

Banned
Sneewittchen - Geschichten nach Grimm 10-12 END

A rather fitting end to a really interested collection of creative takes on some classic Grimm Fairy Tales. There's no reason for people ITT not to read it now that it's completely translated either so get to it!

I actually was waiting for it to finish.
Will do.

What. I thought I read it all then I heard the news. This is the best new manga ever. So fucking hilarious I'm dying. The suspense of "No.... no.... it couldn't... omg. omg omgomg ITS HAPPENING BUWHAHAHAHAHA' is killing me.

Oh gosh, there are more?

I read the first 3 and assumed it was over. New story I guess?

bigkrev

Nisekoi 105

I feel like I'm finally at the point where I realize that I will be dead and buried long before any forward progress is made in this series. With that in the back of my head, I did at least enjoy this weeks chapter!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why, I didn't notice any gap?

It started with the whole experimentation thing which got me super confused. Thought it was meant to follow on from a chapter about the experiments from the previous chapter but I see that the author just decided to tell it through flashback.

I got it at the end but that's a really weird way to construct that bit of narrative.

Malvingt2

Magi - Chapter 209

Lol, that's just bullshit political philosophy right there. The only reason the "OMG WHAT IS ALIBABA GOING TO DO?!" thing is still a somewhat effective cliffhanger is because sadly the guy is known is make really stupid decisions at times. :p

khoylqty.png

Akito

It started with the whole experimentation thing which got me super confused. Thought it was meant to follow on from a chapter about the experiments from the previous chapter but I see that the author just decided to tell it through flashback.

I got it at the end but that's a really weird way to construct that bit of narrative.
Well it's Isayama, that's become his trademark narrative style lol

Shingeki no Kyojin 53
Huh, I thought it's on break this month, so it will be absent next month instead? Eren being useless shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone and Erwin is gonna Erwin. In the meantime Armin has finally discovered his true destiny, becoming a tr**.

dramatis

Kasane 5

The temptation was too hard to resist, I suppose.

It's nice that Kasane recognizes almost immediately that her heart is not reflective of her face. I'm kind of torn on wanting her to be able to 'become beautiful' through her heart rather than the lipstick, but Kasane turning into a ruthless woman would be more interesting I think.

Lain

Kasane 5

Awww, the chapter ending there is such a tease.
Can't say I completely approve of Kasane's actions this time, but at least she's doing it in a way that could hurt Iku less than needed.
Iku and the way she managed to stop the bullying is something Kasane could never do.

Kasane 5

The temptation was too hard to resist, I suppose.

It's nice that Kasane recognizes almost immediately that her heart is not reflective of her face. I'm kind of torn on wanting her to be able to 'become beautiful' through her heart rather than the lipstick, but Kasane turning into a ruthless woman would be more interesting I think.

It could be more interesting, but I hope it doesn't go that way. I'd prefer to see Kasane get the revenge she deserves but still stay a good kid, in a way or another.

upandaway

Attack on Titan

So I think we're officially at the point where every single character in the manga knows more than the readers. I'm super lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom