• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, it kinda caught me off guard. The series has always been fanservicey, and I'm mostly whatever on that part; think it's kinda pointless, but it hasn't been too annoying or creepy so I can get over it. But that issue was something else. Like, actually in the creepy level.

I'm pretty sure there was a point where the bad guy was fondling Ezra or whoever it was downbelow the edge of the panel if you catch my drift. It was more rapey than fanservicey. I am shocked he was able to get away with it, that was some Berserk level shit right there.

ReiGun

I'm pretty sure there was a point where the bad guy was fondling Ezra or whoever it was downbelow the edge of the panel if you catch my drift. It was more rapey than fanservicey. I am shocked he was able to get away with it, that was some Berserk level shit right there.

I didn't even see that at first; got to the "modifying" part with Lucy (I think) and "Nope'd" my happy ass right out of there. I clicked through the whole thing and....yeah. lol This manga got weird when I wasn't looking. haha

wonzo

Banned
raku shaft tilt + burst blood vestle induced stroke = infinitely better show

Woah Woah Woah, when did the "lets get into Nisekoi" party happen?

Do people want to go on suicide watch?

Why?!
uruseiyatsura40-1.jpg

Skab

Nisekoi is the only manga I have outright dropped. Usually I just force myself through to the end just for completions sake, but nope, not that shit.

wonzo

Banned
Hentai Kamen 14-25

I appreciate the author adding new major characters to the mix when things are started to get a bit stale but it seems kinda counter-productive if you're just gonna end up repeating the same jokes anyway. Still, the creativity of some of these Hentai Kamen finishers (i mean curling, fucking CURLING YO) never ceases to amaze and is well worth the repetitive gags.

CronoShot

Attack on Titan 53

lawl Armin

And the military police did a shit job tying 'Eren' up. If that really was Eren, he could just bite his tongue.

Cerity

Nisekoi is the only manga I have outright dropped. Usually I just force myself through to the end just for completions sake, but nope, not that shit.

I'll probably get back to it once it properly finishes
so I can skip all the shit.
. I like the premise and what it gave us but fuck waiting on a chapter a week, especially in the direction it's going (I dropped it shortly after the christmas arc).

Funny if that happened in Berserk everyone would praise it for being dark and twisted and how daring whats his name is (and saying its fucked up)

Funny if that happened in Berserk everyone would praise it for being dark and twisted and how daring whats his name is (and saying its fucked up)

Because the fanservice in FT is literally 100% pointless. I mean was there REALLY a reason to have Erza wash Natsu's back? Or have her chained up, naked, and implied to be repeatedly raped?!

And I thought Kishimoto's Uchiha wank was bad. I'm starting to think Mashima is the mangaka equivalent to SE's Toriyama when it comes to Lightning. His fetish for Erza being naked is...wow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tonari no seki kun 1-13

This manga is fucking INCREDIBLE.

I love how yokoi is starting to turn weirder and weirder.

Nisekoi is good manga.
I am up to date with it and the last good progress in the series was close to 2 years ago the rest unnecessary filler which is like 82% of it (what ever happened to the whole mob family story)
So this right here is currently the answer for me

And it will be an even better anime.
This is just people holding the silver lining of hope
And this is reality

I'll probably get back to it once it properly finishes
so I can skip all the shit.
. I like the premise and what it gave us but fuck waiting on a chapter a week, especially in the direction it's going (I dropped it shortly after the christmas arc).
I will likely do this as well now

Like seriously the last chapter where on what needle fears, baseless emotions, useless pet hobbies, and full circle progress

I am up to date with it and the last good progress in the series was close to 2 years ago the rest unnecessary filler which is like 82% of it (what ever happened to the whole mob family story)

So this right here is currently the answer for me

This is just people holding the silver lining of hope

And this is reality

I will likely do this as well now

Like seriously the last chapter where on what needle fears, baseless emotions, useless pet hobbies, and full circle progress
It's kind of an unspoken secret that the mob storyline was written out by the editors to make way for the eventual serialization of Mario. Same reason Reborn ended so abruptly. Jump has a lot riding on it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 44

MWAHWAHWAHWAHWAH
that ending :D

Edit: wait what?
juzEl4G.jpg

Where am i? this is not the world i lived in up until now... TAKE ME BACK!!! TAKE ME BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

Akito

ManGAF is acting like Nisekoi is the cancer of manga again, never change.
Yeah it's stupid but it's hardly offensive.

Jintor

Tonari no Kaibatsu-kun whatever the latest chapter is

There's something in my eye... if this goddamn series doesn't get a second season... ahh, who am I kidding, it won't. But it's so good =(

bigkrev

The problem with Nisekoi isn't that its bad per say, it's just that it had so much potential. 2 rival yakuza gangs forming a truce around a fake romance between the children of the 2 heads who both actually hate each other- that's a great premise! And the boy has a locket hiding his true love, and all of these girls have different keys that could open it- that's also a good premise! And a harem filled with visually distinctive (at least until Haru showed up) girls to fulfill all different types of fantasies- that's great!

And all we end up with is a series that feels like filler every week. Nothing ever happens to make an impact.

I'm going to buy the first volume, and probably be angry at all the promise never delivered by the following hundred chapters.

Aizo

Banned
Hentai Kamen 14-25

I appreciate the author adding new major characters to the mix when things are started to get a bit stale but it seems kinda counter-productive if you're just gonna end up repeating the same jokes anyway. Still, the creativity of some of these Hentai Kamen finishers (i mean curling, fucking CURLING YO) never ceases to amaze and is well worth the repetitive gags.

I'm getting a bit tired of the re-used gags, too. I still think many of the MangaGAFers would enjoy this series a lot more than I do (and I still enjoy it).

upandaway

Mondaiji Z 10

So this is the point where it skips around the LN.. awww. I'm tempted to continue reading if only because we probably won't get any more Mondaiji ever besides the LNs, but considering it's only 5 more chapters, what's the point, even reading the LN will be better. Actually I might go for that sometime.

Now I'm bummed out. There's not nearly enough of this out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom