• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

woxel1

Iam Canadian said:
UP UNTIL NOW
ohnoness.gif

I don't think I ever believed they would remove Ness. I mean why would they remove ANY of the original smash characters. It doesnt make any sense

Dreavus

FDLink said:
I watched that a while ago, and it pretty much ruined the experience of listening to the Brawl main theme, because I couldn't get the "lyrics" out of my head.

I only remember one line from it and I've been trying to ignore it ever since...

Penguin

Er... Gonna go with Sonic Stage.

Sooner or later I got to be right.

Or a new character. Captain Falcon or Luigi. anaother returning vet.

Port Town Aero Dive is the huge track that appears in F-Zero GX/AX.

The main platform for this stage zooms along the track, stopping randomly in several locations, each of which has its own unique terrain.

stage24_080204a-l.jpg

You start here.

stage24_080204b-l.jpg

Hop on the platform as it whizzes around the track.

stage24_080204c-l.jpg

The platform will randomly stop off in one of many locations.

Since this is a rather daring course, the configuration of the terrain in each location within it is appropriately treacherous. Expect lots of steep slopes and ups and downs.

stage24_080204d-l.jpg

We’ve even included that famous stepped portion of the track.

stage24_080204e-l.jpg

Th-there’s a wall in the middle of the course?!

Sometimes the platform will even separate completely from the track. When it does, you’re in store for some really great views of the course.

stage24_080204f-l.jpg

The track looks so 3-D from up here.

Boy, all this talk of angles and curves gets me in the mood to watch a neck-and-neck race. Guess I’ll have to settle for a lightning-fast round of Smash.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Iam Canadian said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had his mind poisoned by this.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I LISTEN TO THE MAIN THEME, all I can hear is: "I'll be the Marth..."

THIS IS YOSHI`S B!!!!!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
If enough people want this kept open, I'll leave it open. This thread deserves some sort of closure. For it to just die off would be too tragic.

Duderz

Banned
sp0rsk said:
If enough people want this kept open, I'll leave it open. This thread deserves some sort of closure. For it to just die off would be too tragic.

Indeed.

This has been a long time coming, but clearly the discussion has shifted.

sp0rsk said:

Yet there's still 2 months of updates left and some people like me are actually not spoiling game contents for themselves. Not counting music anyways. Not to emntion the people in Europe who don't even have a release date yet.

Firestorm

JoeFu said:
at least let this thread live to see past 60k

Kill it at 59,999 >_>

The spoiler thread almost seems like the official thread. J-GAFfers too busy playing to share their impressions in johntv's thread.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh, hey, Port Town, we haven't known about that for months =\ oh well, yeah, first F-Zero update in a long time.

Sporsk: I want this thread kept open... at least let it get to 60,000 posts, we're so close.

pulga

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Yay sp0rsk. So who should do the parting words? It should be someone who loves SSB and cares for this thread. I nominate Amir0x!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
pulga said:
So who should do the parting words? It should be someone who loves SSB and cares for this thread. I nominate Amir0x!

I'd nominate someone who's been in this thread for a long time, has an absurd amount of posts, and is willing to write a long, eloquent post that tries to summarize this thread.

Probably Jiggy.

Alas, I was unable to beat Jiggy's post-count. Curses!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I vote for keep it alive, although I don't know if the thread will last until he stops updating, it should atleast last up to the NA release.

Jiggy

There are actually a few holdouts--
--I mean, stubborn blo...
...I mean, uh, people who refuse to look at the spoilers, and they seem to benefit from the thread being open. >_> I don't know who they are, but I'm sure they can speak for themselves.

Well, sp0rsk is being rather considerate. Then again, I will probably use this thread in the upcoming months.

If you decide, sp0rsk, do tell us and give us about a week for all to know and say their good byes.

Is there a mausoleum?

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Keep it open. Let this thread die on it own. As long as the Dojo keeps updated and people keep posting about it and this thread will keep going. If this thread is locked, the reports from the dojo will only be posted elsewhere. Be that within new threads created for each update or within the spoiler threads.....We don't need more Brawl topics and I want to avoid the spoiler threads as much as possible.

Sciz

Close it when the Dojo closes. If the last character update is anything go to on, it's still going to have interesting material in spite of the fact that the game is out now.

LEAVE IT OPEN!

Hell I have the game and have unlocked a good portion already but I still like to see what Sakurai writes in his updates :)

Just because it's not endless Krystal arguements doesn't mean it deserves to die. In fact I see it as a turn for the better.

Nintaiyo

This thread should stay open until the updates stop. I still enjoy seeing these updates. The screens are nice and clean, the explanations are clear (rather than having to sift through pages of the spoiler thread to find what you want), it's fun to read Sakurai's commentary, and some of us want to stay spoiler free.

Plus....it's been like 8 months...and...and... :'(

Leave it open. This is perhaps the biggest thread ever. Especially considering it stemmed from one website....it's amazing.

I'm happy this level is in it. I'm a huge F-Zero GX whore and I'm so happy one of the most memorable levels makes it.

I'm really happy that Smash Bros. is paying homage to a lot of great GCN games. It's a great way to remember the systems highest points.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
sp0rsk said:

It does seem like a shame, considering the work that went into the front page (and being the record-holder for posts/views). But either way, this thread will fade away slowly over the next few days. They never go out with a bang... (or DO they?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom