• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Maga-Tsuki 31

It's like Nisekoi: The Monthly Edition. It being monthly makes it 10x worse.

At least the new chapter was about Hinata. *shrugs*

Heysoos

Masamune-kun no Revenge 12

Just to be clear, the chapter is hinting that
Masamune's mom knows who Fujinomiya is, right?

Shishunki Bitter Change 01

SbB7bGMl.jpg

Yuuta fell off a tree and onto Yui and they switched bodies. Which was a couple years ago.

Well, this is pretty much looks at what happens when they switch bodies and get stuck with it. First chapter had the usual going to the bathroom thing but it does look interesting if we see them grow up being stuck like this.

Jintor

Shishunki Bitter Change 01

SbB7bGMl.jpg

Yuuta fell off a tree and onto Yui and they switched bodies. Which was a couple years ago.

Well, this is pretty much looks at what happens when they switch bodies and get stuck with it. First chapter had the usual going to the bathroom thing but it does look interesting if we see them grow up being stuck like this.

wow, that's actually a pretty good twist on the normal concept. Usually these body swap things are like, freaky friday

dumbyugi

Kindaichi Case Files: Takato's Side 6

Someone else will probably die next chapter. I like the small bits of Takato's evil side that slip out every now and then.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 5

I guess that explains the title a little. 10 kids probably still wouldn't be enough to take down a T-rex. I wonder if they're ever going to explain how Cherry even got to modern times.

My Grandpa's Stories Can't Be This Weird! 5

Monster Hunter on the 3DS is so good that even old people and statues can have fun playing it.

Peephole 5

This is back after dissapearing for some reason. I wonder where this is going to go now? I like how he casually talks about how he's suicidal.

Schoolgirl Landlord Honoka 3

This is also back after dissapearing. All good manga artists wear their lucky bondage gear while drawing their series.

kasane

So we could conclude that Nisekoi is mostly a drivel based manga that we choose not to drop believing that one day they may progress the overall story forward.... Gotcha

Thank you GAF for agreeing

^^^
speaking about filler

the only manga that could pull it off so well is this one

Early anime adaptations fault that its mostly filler, at least thats what i think.

Wow this manga took a dump after the pervert chick left. Almost as bad as Team Medical Dragon after the author died or Berserk after Miura realized he was a pedophile.

Hope she comes back.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";96446750]Wow this manga took a dump after the pervert chick left. Almost as bad as Team Medical Dragon after the author died or Berserk after Miura realized he was a pedophile.

Hope she comes back.[/QUOTE]
Berserk always had moe little girls though

Hoshin Engi Vol.13

BvZHtT6l.jpg

Yozen is quite a boss in this volume. Well, yet another grand war happens again and it was pretty great. All that faith in your allies, using giant floating rocks as weapons, so much fun.

wonzo

Banned
Boku wa Mari no Naka 23

Well, it was only a matter of time until "he" snapped with all the bullshit going on.

Shingeki's 53

armin's so moe

[quote="God's Beard!";96449183]Aku no Hana

It's happening! TT_TT[/quote]
shit happened so hard in ch53

Quasar

Boku wa Mari no Naka 23

Well, it was only a matter of time until "he" snapped with all the bullshit going on.

Yeah. Still kind of confused as to whats going on. Whether there was no body swap and the girl is a multiple personality girl, or whether there was a body swap and Mari just never wants to go back and so pretended to not know what the fuck Isao was talking about.

wonzo

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 37

gladbron.png
gladbron.png
gladbron.png

Yeah. Still kind of confused as to whats going on. Whether there was no body swap and the girl is a multiple personality girl, or whether there was a body swap and Mari just never wants to go back and so pretended to not know what the fuck Isao was talking about.
Most likely the later if the bits and pieces people have put together turn out to be true.

dramatis

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp).

1. dumbyugi's best manga he read in 2013.
  2. A Huge Battleship's best manga of 2013
  3. Dedication Through Light's top 10 manga of 2013.
  4. The author set out to make something unorthodox and I feel he succeeded more or less. For Honeymoon Salad. From hipbabboom. (???)
  5. One of the best jump one shots in awhile. For DRUMP. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  6. Bottom line: A satisfying, hearty Italian meal. For Bambino!. From dramatis. (rev)
  7. This says it all really, an old and sexually frustrated guy somehow ended up in Uroshima, a city where people only do one thing. For A Journey to Uroshima. From Akito. (rev)
  8. (insert some nonsensical description here) For Chitose Get You!!. From Nordicus. (imp)
  9. About an actor who once gained fame from being the lead in the Jesus Christ Superstar Broadway production. For Dirty Christ Superstar. From neoanarch. (imp)
  10. The story of the rekindling of two childhood friends who get together when one needs help in studying to get into the school where her crush is attending. For Sakurasaku Shoukougun. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  11. Memorable one shot collection. For Yume Touka no End Roll. From Dedication Through Light. (warning)
  12. The mysteries thus far are intense, with the incinerated gamer being just as interesting as the phone app death game. For Chousuinou Kei. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  13. Hopefully the next chapter is even faster pacing. For Ikumen Datte Koishimasu 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  14. Horimiya. If you're looking for legit great shounen romcom, I cannot recommend this enough. From NeoSoma.
  15. It's really quite amusing. And it's not smut, surprisingly. For Hentai Kamen. From AlabastreAizo. (serious rec)
  16. Great one shot with my favorite theme of the friends become lovers, though this had all the tears going on to share true feelings through misunderstanding. Could have had more action but more drama was alright. For Sweet Tears. From Dedication Through Light.
  17. Lain and Volume 1's of Saint Young Men, Daytime Shooting Star, and My Balls.
  18. Gintoki313 reccommends some good smut/ecchi manga.
  19. Whoa thats a pretty interesting and funny manga. Love the food animals theme and post apocalyptic world. For Donyatsu. From ColossalLazy. (imp)
  20. A girly looking boy is now in a love triangle with the girl he likes and his very manly childhood friend. Then one day, he wakes up and discovers he's been changed into a girl. For Boku Girl 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  21. Your lead characters gets confessed to by the girl of his dreams. And by another version of her. And by yet another version of her. For Aizawa-san Zoushoku 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  22. Its cover picture looked rather interesting, and fortunately the content is as nice if not better. For Imawabi no Dakini. From Nordicus. (imp)
  23. It's a nice oneshot about a boy who hates spring because he gets visited by an alien who makes him guess its name or it'll take him to its alien planet. For Sakuran (Tentative). From dakkumauji. (rev)
  24. A 4koma manga bout a really dumb girl and her best friend that tries badly to make her study, hilarity ensues. For Aho Girl. From HassanJamal. (imp)
  25. A really somber and depressing take on just how fucked up and soul crushing the life of a courtesan was in the Edo period. For Sakuran. From wonzo. (rec)
  26. Probably a more respectful exploration of transvestism than I was expecting. For Reversible!. From Antiwhippy. (rev)
  27. If you like Ecchi silliness this is pretty real. For My Balls. From Theonik. (rec)
  28. Overall I enjoyed it as a weird pro wrestling love story. For Matsuri special. From Antiwhippy. (rev)
  29. "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. For Keijo!!!!!!!!. From dumbyugi. (imp)
  30. Cerity: "What in the flying fuck am I reading." dakkumauji: "I don't think I read anything more amazing today." For Magical Exam Student.
  31. Definitely one of the best Yuri series I've read thanks to the setting and just how well written it is. For Maka-Maka (also Tandem Lover in post). From wonzo. (rev)
  32. It can be somewhat touching too as you can see that the teacher was someone who meant a lot in her life. For Kakukaku Shikajika. From Antiwhippy. (rev)
  33. This series really captures that whole feeling of graduating from high school and wondering if you'll ever see all your friends again afterwards. For Seishun Kouryakuhon. From dakkumauji. (rev)
  34. firehawk12 speaking for Tandem Lover and Honey & Honey.
  35. Was fairly entertained and will continue on, hoping for my bad ending. For Mousugu Shinu Hito 1. From Save 'N Quit. (imp)
  36. This volume is just as intense as the others with fantastic moments for the side of bad. For Karakuridoji Ultimo Vol 9. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  37. The kind of manga you can easily lose yourself in. Very lovely manga. For Kabu no Isaki. From NeoSoma. (rev)
  38. (see images) For Senyuu Vol 2. From dakkumauji. (???)
  39. So yeah this is basically a version of Scott Pilgrim that is actually good with yuri on top. For Oddman 11. From Theonik. (imp)
  40. It feels like a modern day Hakkenden and is therefore really amazing. For District Hakkenshi [code:T-8]. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  41. Yeah another ghost yuri manga. Pretty cute! For Forever Girls. From Theonik. (imp?)
  42. Now that the original OPM series has slowed down to a crawl and Makai no Ossan's finished, it only makes sense for someone to start translating this series and so far it's off to a great start! For Mob Psycho 100. From wonzo. (imp)
  43. Just from that title, I could tell this was going to be interesting. For Ore no Kanojo ga Stalker na Ken. From astrogamer. (imp)
  44. A girl gets spotted through the window by her classmate while... For Chiisana Kuma. From Nordicus. (read before trying)
  45. Humans live mostly behind safe walls, protected from the many non-human creatures outside. For Stravaganza: Isai no Hime. From wonzo. (imp)
  46. If anything, this one shot basically pumped me up to read the full series. For 15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu. From dakkumauji. (imp) bigkrev: Series is still worth reading, but you might as well skip the finale.
  47. I am liking the themes they are exploring in this, keeping your identity, usefulness of your character... For Are You Alice? Vol 2. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  48. Creating a school for the children that been given up on by society is an interesting premise. For Rad and Rinpu. From dakkumauji. (rev)
  49. It's a shame this series got cut short, it could have gone on for a few good hundred chapters. It's brutality and frankness is refreshing to see nowadays at least. For Ichi. From Cerity.
  50. Shouta randomly waxing about Kono S wo Mi Yo: "I'd definitely say he's one of the best romance and comedy writers in Japan."
  51. She's a really, really interesting character and I want to see how she grows as a person. For Teppu. From wonzo. (imp)
  52. The characters were interesting, the cynical take on the manga industry was refreshing... For Koimoku. From wonzo. (rev)
  53. I got quite a good first volume that left me wanting for more and more curious about the whole story. For Seven Shakespeares Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  54. My opinion of this manga was initially a bit lukewarm but got much more positive after a certain part. For Centaur's Worries. From Nordicus. (imp)
  55. A timid girl who can see spirits gets roped up into becoming a tour guide for remaining souls. For Yuurei Ryokou Dairiten - Soul Mate Tourist. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  56. basically she's a slightly older version of yotsuba and this manga owns For Shirogane no Nina. From wonzo. (rec?)
  57. Perfect best friends in love comedy story. For Dounimo Nannai Soushi Souai. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  58. Nordicus reads NEET manga and Otaku manga.
  59. A terrible creature has been plaguing the community: a man with a fishbowl for a head. For Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko. From wonzo. (imp)
  60. This was actually pretty good, I was looking for a short harem manga and this actually had a good ending. For Countrouble. From Stulaw. (rev)
  61. An oldie, but still good story of passion and lust and how that passion and lust can overthrown reason easily. For The Woman in the Corner Room. From Lain. (rev)
  62. Every time I read a chapter of this manga, I'm always surprised at how much I enjoy it. For A Method to Make the Gentle World. From OceanBlue. (rev?)
  63. Pretty decent, not specially good or brilliant, but enjoyable enough to go on. For Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru. From Turin Turambar. (rev)
  64. A story of a boy who teases a deaf girl in elementary school with the aid of many of his classmates, forcing her to eventually change schools. For Koe no Katachi. From Nordicus. (imp)
  65. Good stuff so far. For Nejimaki Kagyu. From NeoSoma. (imp)
  66. So the MC is an amnesic idiot who wants to get rid of war spread love and peace over the world. The first chapter caught me off-guard, let's hope that it was not the only emotional punch this manga has to offer. For Tripeace Vol 1. From Akito. (imp)
  67. I usually find a lot of yuri manga boring but this is pretty hilarious so far. For Honto no Kanojo. From NeoSoma. (imp)
  68. A one shot it seems. Contains a very nice art style, reminds me of another manga's art i cant remember, a rather short story and gets NSFW towards the end. Twas nice and would like to see more. For The Witch's Cruelty. From HassanJamal. (rev)
  69. A dude with a fishbowl for a head is terrorizing a town by turning people into goldfish and a group of "Blood Divers" aim to stop him and assist the town however they can. For Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko. From NeoSoma. (???)
  70. The hierarchy system and racism is a fairly unique plot point. For The Flow: Stream. From astrogamer. (imp?)
  71. My favorite short story collection start has been The Miniature Garden of a Romance. From Dedication Through Light. (imp, super linkback)
  72. For people looking for something similar to Scientia, Akito lists.
  73. It's about 6 women/girls who hide something about their life from their lover, crush or people in general. For Dear, Only You Don't Know!. From Nordicus. (rec)
  74. It's a interesting twist on the survival game genre that uses a more complex form of the King's game and a strategy game. For Kingdom Game. From astrogamer. (imp)
  75. Pacing's not too bad, characters aren't completely hateable considering they're in a loli mahou shoujo apocalypse, unfortunately includes fanservice character and ill-placed romance subplot buuuut if you can look past this, you might like it. For Mahou Shoujo of the End. From Bright Side of Life. (rec) Kave_Man recommends also.
  76. The art, especially the character designs. They're so diverse and fun. For Jitsu wa Watashi wa. From Nordicus. (imp)
  77. Yamada falls in love with Ogata who gives his all to baseball. For Ootagawa Junjou Lovers. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  78. A romance series from the same author of Nodame Cantabile and it is about overclocking computers! For 87 Clockers. From dakkumauji. (imp) wonzo is also onboard
  79. Turin Turambar going nuts with long list of impressions.
  80. If you are looking for an adorable romance series that leaves you with warm feelings, here's another one for you! For Ore ga Akuma de, Aitsu ga Yome de. From dakkumauji. (rev)
  81. Takes place in a world where Japan's fertility rate have dropped to near zero levels and the remaining children are called "Last Gen" while the scientifically engineered children are called "New Gen". For Sakura Sakura. From astrogamer. (imp)
  82. I will admit how he defeated the demon king with SCIENCE was pretty hilarious so I wouldn't mind his unconventional methods at the very least. For Ore ga Heroine o Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Mokushiroku!?. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  83. The short focus of sorts and slightly interconnected stories made it feel unique and different from much of the tone of other series in the demographic. For Scientia. From Dedication Through Light. (rev) wonzo calls it 'A must read.'
  84. This manga stars a girlish boy who gets bullied in school so, he enjoys playing virtual reality MMOs as a girl. For Trans-Trans 01. From astrogamer. (imp)
  85. An ordinary guy gets kidnapped to this super exclusive school for rich young ladies to act as their sample to commoners. For Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken. From dakkumauji. (rev)
  86. At ten chapters I'd recommend it to people looking for something in the vein of Horimiya or other similar romance manga. For Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru. From NeoSoma. (rec)
  87. I was expecting more from the author of Spice and Wolf & Billionaire Girl as this doesn't really have the hook those had. For Magdala de Nemure. From wonzo. (imp)
  88. Nordicus died due to a cuteness overdose on November 13th 2013. Nukoduke has been declared illegal internationally. For Nukoduke. From Nordicus. (imp)
  89. dumbyugi recommends you DON'T read Bloomed in Action.
  90. A guy who always dreamed of a perfect romance gets confessed by a girl who wants his underwear. For Ore no Pantsu ga Nerawareteita 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  91. The story of a guy who fights crime as a hero by transforming into a magical girl. For Ore to Hero to Mahou Shoujo. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  92. As expected in a Hiroyuki series, every character is either a sad loser or a perv (or both)... and I like it that way. For Aho Girl. From Nordicus. (imp)
  93. An one-shot about a pair of clean freaks who grant humans wishes in exchange for their souls. For Orthoros. From dakkumauji. (rec)
  94. A timid boy in an effort to revive his family's shrine becomes the magical girl of the shrine tasked with protecting the peace of the town and making some extra money for the shrine. For Otasuke Miko Miko-chan. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  95. The story of a guy who's job is to rewrite the seals of the holy tree that provides water to the village. I came for the pretty cover and stayed for the nice story. For Otogibanashi. From dakkumauji.
  96. A girl who likes her teacher joins the history club he's in charge of, that is of course full of fujioshis and their version of history. For Otome Historic. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  97. People who like mystery and horror should check it out. For Yuureitou. From Antiwhippy. (rec)
  98. An one-shot about how the glomp is used to find love. It was an adorable read at least. For Tackle Shoujo. From dakkumauji.
  99. A 27 years old guy reluctantly taking cares of his niece during summer break. There's nothing remotely new or exceptional here but it's cute and gives off a nice summery feel. For Shirogane no Nina 01. From Akito. (imp)
  100. Has a nice mix of suspense and horror so far. For Yuureitou. From Antiwhippy. (imp)

dramatis

Pick something you haven't read already and go read it:

There's also this for people who want to just spam a link when other people ask for recs or something also pick something you haven't read already and go read it, wednesdaybros:

inb4 people who complain about why X manga is in Y place

Kurita

Why is Moteki in and not Again!! smh
And I'm already reading Princess Jellyfish, Nodame Cantabile, Chihayafuru, Thermae Romae, Saint Young Men, Punpun and Nobunaga no Chef /flips hair

Pick something you haven't read already and go read it:

There's also this for people who want to just spam a link when other people ask for recs or something also pick something you haven't read already and go read it, wednesdaybros:

inb4 people who complain about why X manga is in Y place
Only like two of those things are licensed here brah and one is out of print. I would jump on Nodame jn a heart beat if I could find it here.... Tokyopop......

Akito

Why is Moteki is in and not Again!! smh
And I'm already reading Princess Jellyfish, Nodame Cantabile, Chihayafuru, Thermae Romae, Saint Young Men, Punpun and Nobunaga no Chef /flips hair
There are still plenty of series left for you to pick up.

dramatis

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";96487934]No KNIM impressions dramatis?[/QUOTE]
I suppose I can collect your series of detailed spasming in a timeline of despair. It didn't quite seem like something you were recommending though.

I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom