• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oishii Otoko 4
tumblr_mzd2xsPNis1qbxqfpo1_500.png

New story features the teachers that start a new job and runs into their senpai they fell in love with long ago but have been trying to hide those feelings and struggling to confront them in the past but cant. I liked it even if the pacing was slightly faster than other writers do. Nice scene of him hoisting him up and swooping him off to have some fun.

Taboo-Tattoo 26
While the princess is clearly a fruit loop, I can't see her stitching her own eyes shut and then playing guard dog at a super secret facility. Going to assume it's an unwanted family member or a clone or something. Or maybe she's actually the real princess and banana spatula pajamas.

Ani no Hanashi 1
tumblr_mzd3q2yNHo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Best understanding little brother in one of these manga. Liked the story though I feel it may turn to be something sad since its just a single parent home, while taking care of the bed ridden mother, but at least there is a friend character and unlike some other manga the mother is at least still working and not given to depression and what not, stay strong I hope. Did get sad at grandma, since her favorite phrase is I wish to die :(

Mortemis

Banned
Magi 210

Kougyoku stole the chapter. <3

Nice, one of the more enjoyable chapters in a while. Cherry boy meme continues to be a pain in the ass for Alibaba, much to my humor.

I've been passive on this whole alibaba takes a trip to balbadd arc and was more interested with Aladdin and Yunan, but this is actually getting interesting. Honestly, Alibaba would be a fool to be just used like that, but this actually could work out in his favor. It's pretty obvious that the Kou empire isn't fully united, people like Kougyoku, Hakuei, and Hakuryuu are definitely future allies. He could always do some sort of an inside man job, and take back Balbadd himself. Though that's just me spouting rubbish.

The thing is, it's really a no way to win for Alibaba, either he gets used by Kouen or Sinbad. Even if Kouen is a villain to Alibaba (the guy is in charge of his country), if you think about it so is Sinbad. Everyone is out to be the king of the world, Kouen doing it through taking over countries and Sinbad doing it through talks. Aladdin said it himself a while back (http://i.imgur.com/f2vPngH.png), Sinbad is a guy that will make you go with his flow. So really, Alibaba is being used by Sinbad too. Aladdin has already decided that he doesn't want to follow SInbad's flow, It's been mentioned a few times about how Alibaba isn't following his own path to reclaim Balbadd, he's been going along with whatever Sinbad tells him too and isn't leading himself.

More on Sinbad, I always got the feeling he would end up as a future villain in the story. It's obvious he has his own agenda, and he's just trying to use Alibaba and Aladdin to get to where he wants. I believe in the future, Alibaba and Aladdin will have to oppose Sinbad, or that Sinbad will get in their way or something. Mogamett alluded to this imo (http://i.imgur.com/ZeopLpM.png and http://i.imgur.com/DkvTjQc.png), he was talking to the people of Magnostadt but it looks like words of advice to Aladdin, and in extension Alibaba too.

Sorry if this post is all over the place, I just started writing and added things as I wrote. So what I'm saying is that Alibaba taking Kouen's side is just as bad as Alibaba sticking with Sinbad. Maybe being with Kouen would be better since he gets to try to make Balbadd a better place, but imo he's better off without either. Not that it's possible right now but he is. Oh, and Sinbad is just as much a big bad wolf as Kouen. Obviously the biggest of them all is al-thamen but that looks more like an end of the manga battle than the game of thrones thats going on.

Magi the Split

Alibaba joins Kou and Morg joins up with the Riem Empire....

Is what they want them to do

Instead this could be the perfect time for him to run away with his household and become independent... Aladdin could just escape Sindiria with the help of the other Magi

Last time on Sinbad Hunters

Death by butterflies

JDSN

Banned
Prison School 94

The masochist of Wall Street! This series is so awesome when it starts those totally ridiculous rants.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Asagao to Kase-san - 01-07

Wonderfully entertaining story about a talented green thumbed girl named Yamada who falls head over heels for her high school's track star Kase. Thinking that her only talent is tending to her school's garden, Yamada feels that she has no chance of capturing the attention--much less the heart--of the up and coming track phenom. So imagine her surprise when she finds her dashing speedster watering her beloved plants one day. A story that will make your heart flutter!

magi: Sinbad is hardly evil, nor villain. He's just not an idiot with unrealistic views. He's using Ali, but, not in any way that would harm him. Sinbad has plans, but, he isn't evil.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Asagao to Kase-san - 01-07

Wonderfully entertaining story about a talented green thumbed girl named Yamada who falls head over heels for her high school's track star Kase. Thinking that her only talent is tending to her school's garden, Yamada feels that she has no chance of capturing the attention--much less the heart--of the up and coming track phenom. So imagine her surprise when she finds her dashing speedster watering her beloved plants one day. A story that will make your heart flutter!

Bleh.

Perfect guy x ordinary girl is perhaps one of the most enduring cliches in Shoujos, the same with Perfect guy x perfect girl.

Is there any manga out there that deals with ordinary/ugly guy x perfect girl? Just to shake things up.

dumbyugi

Bleh.

Perfect guy x ordinary girl is perhaps one of the most enduring cliches in Shoujos, the same with Perfect guy x perfect girl.

Is there any manga out there that deals with ordinary/ugly guy x perfect girl? Just to shake things up.

But Kase-san is about 2 girls falling in love, no guys in site.

Lain

Btooom! volume 11
Wp5.jpeg

I wouldn't trust Date with 1 penny, let alone a plan of that magnitude and, well, the obvious type of ending was reached. He better bite it in the next volume.

I laughed (not really, but I did find it ironic) when seeing Sakamoto's mother in the hospital and then the flashback of her husband finding her in the bathroom with her wrists slit.
What, did she feels remorseful of selling off her son because he was an assholish jerk?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wasn't there a shoujo series about a ugly guy x cute girl couple?

Still though considering the shoujo demographic of course there would be mostly perfect guys. Same with shounen having perfect girls.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The only serious romance I can think of between ugly guy X cute girl is 3D Kanojo. It's a pretty good series, though the guy isn't repulsively ugly, just an otaku. And the girl at first glance isn't cute, she's more sexy I guess. She has some cute moments though.

Magi 210

I'm betting Alibaba marries Kougyoku and Mor is dragged off with the other Fanalis. The set up for that to happen is just way too perfect. No idea what's going to happen after that though.

Charade

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni 8

Been absolutely loving this one so far.

From Aiu Station on the YuriHiragana Line

Dat face reveal. I hear there's a sequel too.

The Secret Recipe 13

I sense a role reversal coming (a la Girlfriends).

Kangoku Gakuen 94

Andre my man.

Probably setting myself up for disappointment here, but is there new Big 3 this week?

Definitely, since the partial Table of Contents is out

Issue #8 Bottom 11
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basket
Soul Catcher(S) (Center Colour)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger
Bleach (Center Colour)
Kochikame
Iron Knight
Beelzebub
Hachi
Koi no Cupid

Absent: Toriko

Issue #9 Info
Lead CP/Cover: Naruto
Center Colour: Nisekoi, Gintama
Oneshot: Author of Koisuru Edison

CrazyDude

Issue #8 Bottom 11
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basket
PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger
Bleach (Center Colour)
Kochikame
Iron Knight
Beelzebub
Hachi
Koi no Cupid

Issue #9 Info
No one piece?

Issue #8 Bottom 11
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basket
PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger
Bleach (Center Colour)
Kochikame
Iron Knight
Beelzebub
Hachi
Koi no Cupid

Issue #9 Info

Is Iron Knight being ranked already or is it still too early?

Korosenai

Issue #8 Bottom 11
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basket
PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger
Bleach (Center Colour)
Kochikame
Iron Knight
Beelzebub