• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

doomed1 said:
i wouldn't accept anything less than a total moveset that involved tyaki, her tendancy to barrel into people, and a jump move involving wings.
Yes, this is true. I could steal the wings from Pit and the shoulder tackle from Samus, but there's nobody with a move that could copy a fish-shaped pastry... ;_;

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jiggy37 said:
Yes, this is true. I could steal the wings from Pit and the shoulder tackle from Samus, but there's nobody with a move that could copy a fish-shaped pastry... ;_;
but thats the thing, she doesn't do a shoulder tackle, she flails her arms in front of her and smashes into her enemy full body style. on that same note, she would need a bodyslam technique as well, since that's very necessary as well.

Jiggy37 said:
::message to jiggy goes here::
And speaking of avatars, I have one. I kinda threw it together, but it'll do for now.

Jiggy

This is true. Maybe she could have a side special that works like Captain Falcon's from Melee. She charges forward, and if she misses she just kind of stumbles and falls over, but if she connects then she takes the other character with her. Yes, yes, this sounds perfect.

Dang it. Now I really want Captain Ayu. ;_;

RocketDarkness said:
spoilers in a spoiler tag
Oh hey, that just might work out if it could be narrowed down to that one projectile! :D But get rid of it from your post anyway. Spoiler tag won't save you, so says sp0rsk. >_>

scottnak

Let's uh... kick this thread back up for impending awesome!
Hm. So is this "Ayu" making an entrance to Jiggy's avatar rotation? (Or was she already in there from before. I can't remember except for Haruhi now)

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I have absolutely no idea who this character Jiggy and doomed1 are talking about, but anyone who uses a fish-shaped pastries (?) as a weapon is absolutely fine by me.

I'm predicting a veteran tonight. Either a certain Normal-type Pokemon whose biggest fan has the most posts in this thread or the Factually Better Mario Brother.

I actually prefer Mario from a gameplay perspective in Smash, but Luigi is far better in the actual Mario games.

Jiggy

Ayu's never been in my avatar rotation, only because I actually don't like the way she's drawn in her game (which is a dating sim, by the way, before anyone thinks that Mugen sprite is something official >_>), or the two versions of the anime that spawned from it. :( ...Well, I don't really mind the KyoAni version, actually, so I'll go hunting some time.

Actually, though, doomed1 gave me an awesome Mugen gif of her, but I don't think I have any way to resize it down to make an avatar from it. Even if I did, though, Imagerotation still seems to be down, so I've got no rotation right now. >_>

Edit: Luigi has always been and will always be better than Mario. Always. Hopefully this is true in Brawl as well.

Iam Canadian

Dating sim, eh? That would explain why I've never heard of this character, then. I've never played a dating sim.

Except for that dating sim sequence in Fort Francis in Super Paper Mario, which was the single best part of that otherwise mediocre game.

Jiggy37 said:
Edit: Luigi has always been and will always be better than Mario. Always. Hopefully this is true in Brawl as well.

This is true, but I've never been able to use him in Smash with any sort of competence. Still, if I'm going to use a Mario brother in any Mario game where I get the choice, I always go with Luigi.

The only exception is SMB2j/The Lost Levels. I can barely control Luigi in that game.

hellclerk

Jiggy37 said:
This is true. Maybe she could have a side special that works like Captain Falcon's from Melee. She charges forward, and if she misses she just kind of stumbles and falls over, but if she connects then she takes the other character with her. Yes, yes, this sounds perfect.

Dang it. Now I really want Captain Ayu. ;_;
don't we all v_v well, i have my avi, which will be changed in due time, but i admit that i'm probably the biggest Kino no Tabi fanperson here. if Kino somehow showed up in an SSB game, i would personally shit myself and weep for joy for 3 days and 3 nights, but thats just me being a fanboy for Sigsawa.

Firestorm said:
I dunno who Ayu is but Collette sucks in my fact.
wut?

anyway, as usual, i predict Captain Falcon. i'll have to get it right sooner or later...

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I will forever bear a grudge against Nintendo until I get an advance wars character. A tag team trio of Andy Max and Sami could be great A'la pokemon trainer.

My non-hobbyist friends were talking about the possibility of DLC being talked about, any truth to this?

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Dating sim, eh? That would explain why I've never heard of this character, then. I've never played a dating sim.
Me neither, since they're never translated into English even when they're perfectly meant for all ages--but yeah, it was Super Paper Mario that made me want to look into some of the anime series that spawned from them. And then coincidentally it turned out that Kanon and Air were handled by Kyoto Ani--

--wait a second, my clock reads 11:02. Okay, time to look at the actual update.

Edit: No update yet. D:

Iam Canadian

Kodiak said:
My non-hobbyist friends were talking about the possibility of DLC being talked about, any truth to this?

Unsubstantiated rumour. We were discussing that over in the spoiler thread. Apparently, some website claimed that they had translated some Japanese text saying that there was going to be a Brawl Wii channel offering downloadable content. In truth, the text said nothing of the sort.

Jiggy

For a special moves update for a veteran character, this isn't that bad. Showing off the potential range of Yoshi's eggs was a good idea; I hope they do the same for Zelda's Din's Fire when that comes up. Maybe they put her in the pictures as foreshadowing for that? >_>

Firestorm

yoshi_080213e-l.jpg

Thiiiiis huge!

:lol

Iam Canadian

Wow, it's a double? Geez, I thought it was just Yoshi's specials. >_>

So much for that being the most anticlimactic update in months, anyway.

Firestorm

Iam Canadian said:
Wow, it's a double? Geez, I thought it was just Yoshi's specials. >_>

So much for that being the most anticlimactic update in months, anyway.

I missed stage update too.

And I still say that's one of the best screenshots in quite a while.

Firestorm said:
yoshi_080213e-l.jpg

Thiiiiis huge!

:lol
In addition to being a great thread title, that really is pretty damn huge.

I'm looking forward to playing around with stage builder. I know the first thing I'll build once I have the necessary components is a proper "Scrap Brain Zone".

scottnak

Iam Canadian said:
I love how Yoshi's standing in the centre of that aura, arms out like he's about to bring on the Apocalypse or something.
Everyone has their hands stretched out!
Even good ol Kirby! Hiii-iii!

Iam Canadian

LinkAMN said:
Anybody else reminded of the Reznors?

That Ferris wheel platform does resemble the Reznor platforms...

And Yoshi was introduced in the same game that had the Reznors...

LinkAMN! You're a genius! You've deduced why these updates were paired!

hellclerk

Jiggy37 said:
Me neither, since they're never translated into English even when they're perfectly meant for all ages--but yeah, it was Super Paper Mario that made me want to look into some of the anime series that spawned from them. And then coincidentally it turned out that Kanon and Air were handled by Kyoto Ani--

--wait a second, my clock reads 11:02. Okay, time to look at the actual update.

Edit: No update yet. D:
well, i've paid attention to anime dramas since i saw Air a couple of years ago. that sorta got me into the drama stuff along with a number of other shows like Kanon and more recently School days. (really really fucked up that was). as interesting as it would be to have the all ages games that come off of these games on the Wii and whatnot, i'd rather true P&C adventure games like Day of the Tenticle, Sam & Max, Hotel Dusk, and Touch Detective. i don't mind if theres a drama in there, i just like the idea of adventure in my adventure games.

also, update = :( [/me]

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
Ayu's never been in my avatar rotation, only because I actually don't like the way she's drawn in her game (which is a dating sim, by the way, before anyone thinks that Mugen sprite is something official >_>), or the two versions of the anime that spawned from it. :( ...Well, I don't really mind the KyoAni version, actually, so I'll go hunting some time.
"Visual novel" is the term you're looking for, the Ace Attorney series being the only well known example to make it to the West. Dating sims are something else entirely, in that they have a lot more to do with simulated dating (and stats) than plot.

Link Man

Banned
I have a feeling that I'm going to make a Spring Yard Zone level with this...

This level builder is going to be quite addictive, I can tell already.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
LinkAMN said:
I have a feeling that I'm going to make a Spring Yard Zone level with this...

This level builder is going to be quite addictive, I can tell already.

To me it is like they finally put a worthwhile SP option in the game. And I love them for it.

Iam Canadian

This update inspired me to recreate Reznor's room from Super Mario World. I just hope we can do collapsing blocks. If we can, it will be perfect. Start the fighters out on a flat platform with a Ferris wheel platform above. The blocks below fall down, and the fighters are left to battle it out on the Ferris wheel platform.

But my Tourian escape level comes first.

Jiggy

-Yoshi gets its first update since August 23rd, and its fifth update overall, catching up with Sonic and Pikmin.

-The five least-recently-updated series are now Kid Icarus (September 3rd), Animal Crossing (September 26th), Nintendo DS (October 22nd), Star Fox (November 20th), and Donkey Kong (November 27th).

-Yoshi finally leaves the enormous list of veterans without special moves updates: Pikachu, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Peach, Ice Climbers, Sheik, Ness, and Marth.

-Game modes move up to 39 and are still unbeatable.

-We've had 34 official double updates. 9 of them came from a Wednesday.

-We've had 18 special moves updates. 2 of them came from a Wednesday.

-The five least recent update types are now item, Poke Ball, music, assist trophy, and character profile.

-Yoshi jumps 9 screenshots in a single day and surpasses Fox and Samus.

-A princess in no need of saving, Zelda moves from just behind Bowser to just in front of him, at 45 screenshots. I hope she used her back air as she did so.

-Donkey Kong surpasses Diddy Kong and Pikachu. Saith DK: "Long didst I believe that were I to try I would destroy thee in an instant; thine experience lacking greatly, thy bulk lacking moreso, ye piteous other animals ever were but pebbles 'neath the soles of my greaves."

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
Okay, so, wait. Would the thing in Super Paper Mario be a parody of a dating sim or a parody of a visual novel? >_>
Going by the Youtube clip I just watched, dating sim.

Jiggy37 said:
-Donkey Kong surpasses Diddy Kong and Pikachu. Saith DK: "Long didst I believe that were I to try I would destroy thee in an instant; thine experience lacking greatly, thy bulk lacking moreso, ye piteous other animals ever were but pebbles 'neath the soles of my greaves."
Nintendo, if Donkey Kong ever speaks, this must be his voice.

Jiggy

Doesn't he wear that body armor stuff in Mario Strikers like everyone else? Close enough, I say. :D

Sciz said:
Going by the Youtube clip I just watched, dating sim.
Ah, okay. Those are what I'd like to try at least once in games, then; visual novels are probably better off in anime form. But I'd probably still buy Kanon or Air if they ever got an English release just because I like them so much. >_>

Sciz

RocketDarkness said:
Please let DK remain Shakespearian forevermore.

Also, we need fanart of this classy new DK.
Crushed, your services are needed.

Iam Canadian said:
Well, it would certainly be better than the voice he had in the Donkey Kong Country cartoon show.

But that's not giving Shakespearian Donkey Kong nearly enough credit.
Every time I forget that exists, someone goes and reminds me of it again.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

*headdesk*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom