• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Centaur no Nayami 38-40

Chapters like 39 are why I keep reading this (plus Quetzalcoatal)

The fact that tiger people still exist and work as assassins isn't even the twist of this chapter

YpoxnSF.jpg

Coulomb Fille 1-4

A (love) story of a boy with seaweed hair who's been bullied since early childhood, and a hermit girl whose body is dangerously electrified.

Really sweet, the boy became more likeable once he stopped hulking out, but this last chapter things have taken such a dark turn that I need chapter 5 FUCKING ASAP.

The Breaker:New Waves 144

Shit just got real. This could go a few ways.
Either the nine arts dragon will try to kill his former disciple or be shocked long enough for his opponent to land the spirit bomb. I've been waiting for this moment since the first chapter

I just started reading TAL. It's an action comedy about a boy that's a young king of superhumans and struggles to balance his normal life with his new status. I recommend it off the strength of the jokes. The action's not bad either.

shit just ... got real.

Yonafunu

Akame Ga Kiru 2-15

So I had already read chapter 1 back when it came out, but it didn't do anything for me, so I ignored the series. Now, with you guys reading it, I decided to continue reading.

Generic MC? Check. Flat two-dimensional characters? Check (except Esdese). Abrupt deaths for the sake of deaths, without any kind of emotional buildup? Check.
At least there seems to be more Esdese coming up. Night Raid is just a bunch of tropes.

Toriko

Finally decided to read/watch Toriko and I'm surprised it isn't more popular than it is, the world building in particular is incredible, some of the best I've seen.

The premise of the series seemed silly and put me off for a while but it sure surprised me, currently my favorite 2nd favorite ongoing shounen.(behind HxH of course)

And you just gotta love it whenever Zebra shows up.

Welcome to the Toriko brotherhood

*raise of light shining

Nisekoi

When will this guy realize that she is the real key holder he made a promise to

The others are non ribbon tricksters

Especially the brown haired police girl... She knows the truth hence why she said who cares about that ribbon

Beelzebub

We are on overdrive here... Full burst rush mode

Fairy Tail

The Fan Service now has action on the evil side... I can't handle this for all I know 'Face' could be a stripping device

Akito

Rage Town is ending huh, maybe we can get a forever alone ending for Haruto afterall
yeah I know

And while we're at it, Buyuden will also be ending shortly as well, this one is more surprising but I'm not really upset about it, it never went anywhere (fast) after the timeskip, Major may have worked because Japan loves baseball but boxing is another matter.

Defuser

And while we're at it, Buyuden will also be ending shortly as well, this one is more surprising but I'm not really upset about it, it never went anywhere (fast) after the timeskip, Major may have worked because Japan loves baseball but boxing is another matter.

Is Moka still fat?

wonzo

Banned
fat moe is moe as fuck

Hentai Kamen 51-60 END

I think it speaks volumes about how the oneshot at the end included as an extra was more entertaining than everything else in the last volume combined. I blame the Shunka end personally.

Hentai Kamen Returns

I guess this was a pretty decent extra chapter, with some heavily improved art. Kinda makes me wish for a more serious take on this sily idea with an actual overarching story with character development, no repetitive gags, no homophobia and no goddam Shunka because she smells.

[Distance] Girls Lacrosse Club 1-7 END

A truly awe inspiring story about five girl in a lacrosse club and their camaraderie in persevering such intense trials, trials that would ave the way for them to win the tournament and be crowned THE SISTERS OF THE POLE.

It was so beautiful and moving it brought tears to my eyes. ;_;7

Chronoexe

A truly awe inspiring story about five girl in a lacrosse club and their camaraderie in persevering such intense trials, trials that would ave the way for them to win the tournament and be crowned THE SISTERS OF THE POLE.

Distance is a genius. I'm going to read this again at night. :D

wonzo

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 48

Just can't beat that Reigen, droppin' some mad real talk to his fellow commoners. That old dudes probably gonna end up so overwhelmed by the real that he's gonna get a heart attack. preemptive rip

New Waves 144

Can't wait for the old guy to finally get rid of that shithead once and for all with that distraction.

Aizo

Banned
Sneewittchen - Ch. 1-2
Something seems sketchy about this guy. I can't seem to put my finger on it...

I knew I was going to read this, even without our deal, wonzo. I didn't know it would be so surreal and awesome, though.

I look forward to future deals with you.

wonzo

Banned
What? Moka got fat after the time skip?

Do you have any proof for this? I'm pretty sure she just never showed up again
embrace the fat moe

Sneewittchen - Ch. 1-2

Something seems sketchy about this guy. I can't seem to put my finger on it...

I knew I was going to read this, even without our deal, wonzo. I didn't know it would be so surreal and awesome, though.

I look forward to future deals with you.
*nods sagely*

Akito

Mob Psycho 100
lololol dat tragic back story

Nisekoi
Hey, Komi hasn't forgotten about drawing silly facial expressions after all.

Lain

I won't believe it until it happens.

That use of red actually brought tears to mine.

You can't post this on this new canaanite forum !
Well I agree about gender equality. Fanservice for adolescent boys and girls, what did I say about Fairy Tail being for everyone ?

One Punch Man 35-93
Oh man. It's really drawn badly but it's so epic.

Mob Psycho 48

Haha loved his back story. Honestly, One is the best thing to happen to shounen-style manga since Oda entered the scene. This is amazing.

So the last chapter of Omamori Himari came out?

Guess I should start and give it a read.

Ending was okay , nothing great but nothing that would make you say WTF is this trash .
Dude has his harem and he should be happy .

Kuro
Things looking bad for the team so waiting to see the come back .
Unless the author does the unexpected and just have them win which would be interesting .

Beelzebub
Well the rush ending is upon us hope it's not to bad .

Breaker new waves
Need to start back reading this must be 30 chapters behind by now .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

I like how Happy is copping a huge feel on Lucy in that panel where she gives him a cool down hug.

Mortemis

Banned
WAT. KNIM is ending? Just when I finally found the strength to drop it, it announces it's ending? Well fuck, I might as well ride it out. Maybe now he can focus on Half & Half and wrap that up too.

Nisekoi 106 + Special Chapter

Both chapters were good imo. The special was alright, but the new chapter was definitely better. Plot isn't moving, but idgaf anymore, I don't expect good plot from this series anymore and I'm just reading it for the fun of it. The chapters aren't shit and they are enjoyable so whatever.

Damn, Buyuden was cancelled. I don't want to see another sports manga cancelled. Buyuden and Hello!! In ine week is too much. Mongrel is chilling in yhe back of Young Jump. Fuck. Shogakukan should show more respect to Buyuden, the mangaka created major and was a staple in Shounen Sunday. Man this stings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom