• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shounen Endless

y97Og44l.jpg

A boy who can not die is finally visited by a shinigami and now has to find a way to survive.

Wasn't bad. Though I guess someone who has lived for 150ish years should have a personality a little more than a 15 year old, but I guess besides that it wasn't bad.

Ugh. The Team Before Daybreak was terrible. Great art but no story. What is wrong with people? El Viento Del Norte was okay but definitely not amazing. Still, I would have preferred for it to win over Daybreak. What a disappointment this contest has been.

Kieli

Lmfao, I was so confused as to where the hell you guys were getting the fact that Kougyoku was being mind-controlled by Sinbad....

I thought that was her mom that was talking to the Babs.

Akito

Hey guys, can I get a recommendation for a slice of life / romance manga? I started Nisekoi but got bored with it because I felt like I read this manga like 50 times before.
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.
Otoyomegatari
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Ran and the Grey World
Yandere Kanojo

Magical Exam Student 1-10
Fairly entertaining. It's quite the silly twist on the magical girl genre that's a tad more realistic than you'd normally think. Aran is the best magical girl

Crunchyroll added two more manga

Okitenemuru, the new title from Hitori Renda
Kanata and his friend Tokiji are ordinary teenagers in modern Japan. Mysterious deaths have begun to occur in their city, where the victim's head will transform into an animal face and explode. There are rumors about these strange incidents, but one day it happens at Kanata's school. Kanata is caught up in the incident and gains the special ability to "remove his limiter". This allows him to greatly enhance a single ability of his, but after he uses it, another ability will go out of control. He encounters a mysterious, beautiful woman in a black skin-tight combat suit named Shiki. She forces Kanata and Tokiji to become deeply involved in these incidents. Just what is going on? What mysterious organization is behind this!? A world-spanning conspiracy begins to unfold.

Star Light Woman by Rie Kanou
The fate of the Earth has been entrusted to a single woman! A new SF comedy series! As more and more witnesses report seeing UFOs, a plain woman named Hoshi is working late at her part-time job. But she has an important secret!

1/?? - ??
1/?? - ??

Finalizer

Lemonade ch4-7

As much as folks 'round other corners of the internets have been complaining about "wheres muh yuri," my main gripe so far is how damn insensitive other characters seem to be toward Youko. Trying to explain to your best friend about how an upperclassman's teasing gets on your nerves? "hey you should join the tennis club anyway and he's not so bad so lrn2dealw/itnerd p.s. i like him." Blegh.

Okitenemuru 1

Although I think it is much too bloody and such, it is off to a nice start as a supernatural story with a high school lead. Kanata is really amazing personality and appearance and I like at least his eye powers. I wonder if he will be able to do more, as based on the other lady, there seems to be a need for combat prowess to deal with Giraffe man and snake girl? Looking forward to much more.

wonzo

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 51

I wonder if the girls a member of the cult and she wants to hook up with him in the hopes that he's "THE ONE".

Magi 211

Sinbad's a shit confirmed but that Fanalis fursona stuff was too dumb for words.

game of pantsu 13

this has been getting grosser and grosser with each and every chapter but the twist and the edginess of it all finally forced my hand in dropping this. why japan, why?

Shiina-kun no Torikemo Hyakka 2

Poor mori the graduate student being used as bait, but taking full advantage of the snacks and getting the asst professor to deal with the worms. Fun chapter with the bird stuff and all four working together.

Dresden

mob psycho - 1~10

This is legit. Already liking both Reigen and Mob, and the rough art is pretty damn charming. And I always was fond of ONE's dry humor.

Soshite, Hare ni Naru 01

MZpdc6Hl.png

Girl marries a guy who likes her sister. Now years later after divorcing, having two kids and moving back home near her mother and sister, this series follows her lives of all these women.

Well the premise is interesting. Feels more like an Asian drama than anything else. It definitely has all these suppressed feelings that's probably just waiting to explode. But, the whole things does have this what if they did something different after it has all happened which could be interesting to see it talked about.

exarkun

magi -

Clearly, Alibaba should push Sinbad out of Kougyoku with the power of his
friendship.

I laughed. Alibaba = Virgin naruto?

Magi finally turning those gears after two chapters of political pontificating. Sinbad probably infested her mind when he used one of his summons, didnt one of his crew or someone say "can't believe you did that" earlier in the manga?

Mor will transform into her original form to save Alibaba at some point. And to be honest, the finalis home and their forms are actually pretty cool. In that one panel he shows that there is a clear progression in forms, that it is mostly directed by magoi, and the size of those beasts. Sooo good

Charade

Gunka no Balzer 1-19

Ahh, just when it's heating up. Love the setting, you can tell a lot of research went into this. It's heavy on the politics at times, but I found my self enjoying that side much more than I thought I would.

Jump Kai is on fire right now. Shaman King Flowers, 87 Clockers, La Vie En Dolle, Winner's Circle, Ball Meets Girl, and Alpha Centauri Doubutsen drawn by Richiro Inagaki. I really hope Apha Centrui goes to series, it oozes potential.

Kurita

Jump Kai is on fire right now. Shaman King Flowers, 87 Clockers, La Vie En Dolle, Winner's Circle, Ball Meets Girl, and Alpha Centauri Doubutsen drawn by Richiro Inagaki. I really hope Apha Centrui goes to series, it oozes potential.

He isn't drawing it he's writing it.

Uso Mitai na Hanashi Desu ga 1
tumblr_mzr25aMjie1qbxqfpo1_500.png

So glad that he could admit his feelings to the one he loved in this fortunate turn of events after constantly wishing to this picture on the bottle. The fake drunk scene to the house scene and fun times and such was good. Kind of a bit on the faster paced side but still entertaining short.

Does anyone know if Kigurumi is serialized anywhere right now since Miracle Jump is in hiatus until the spring? I thought that mnaga was really interesting...

Mael

Just started Vinland Saga and Silver spoon.
2 volumes each
I'd love my country even better if my local manga shop was better supplied too.

Akito

59th Shogakukan Manga Awards

Children: Zekkyou Gakkyuu aka Scary Lesson
A Huge Battleship coming in 3...2...1...
51oQOcD8ilL.jpg

Shounen: Magi - Labyrinth of Magic
51NnofVCXYL.jpg

Shoujo: Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru
61w-ILy1GUL.jpg

General: Mogura no Uta
cl5yafmq23mnb669g.jpg

Special Sprize: Asari-chan
cl5yanjwzhb5049bo.jpg

It looks like they just gave the awards to all the ones who had an adaptation of some sort this year. And Asari-chan for breaking 3 digits I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom