• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Recently, a lot of Hearthstone, less League of Legends than before. Generally, a lot of RPGs, usually niche stuff (Disgaea, Etrian Odyssey). Anything I can get my math on with, basically.

I don't know what I usually play, but people are free to look at my Backloggery. My favorites are Action or Strategic RPGs (Western and Japanese), story driven Indie games, fighters, and 2D action platformers.

I haven't had much time to game lately, due to exams and reports, (haven't had much time to read manga, some may have noticed), and other things. Although, the most recent games I've been playing are Dragon Age II (I bought this at release, but I've played it sooooo slowly), Shin Gundam Musou, and maybe I should finally beat the third Phoenix Wright game (I loved the first two, beat them soon after their releases, but I once I got to the final case in Trials & Tribulations, years ago, I lost my motivation).

Finalizer

What kind of games does MangaGAF play, anyway?

Recently got a bunch of games to catch up on for the PS3. Should get around to actually playing them more often...

Anyway, started playing through Valkyria Chronicle a few weeks back. Four missions in, though I've been getting over-conscious of my performance and have been trying to make sure I ace each mission before I progress, so that's not helping. Need to get over that mindset, sheesh. The gameplay's fun, but the less said about the story so far, the better...
Hey, let's have a scouting party march through an open field, and immediately fire at unarmed civilians upon first contact... Yeah
Though maybe it'll pick up as I actually get into the meat of it later on.

Sherlock - A Study in Pink
An interesting manga. Very thought provoking. I would like to see more of this. It's interesting to see this version of Sherlock and Watson in a modern era. The culprits are quite unique as well

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
An interesting manga. Very thought provoking. I would like to see more of this. It's interesting to see this version of Sherlock and Watson in a modern era. The culprits are quite unique as well

Go watch the show.
You do realize this is based on a TV show right?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Go watch the show the manga was based off of. There's 9 episodes over 3 seasons. They are all wonderful.

Hopefully someone picks up its continuation.

Dude, just go watch the show. It's on Netflix. It's amazing.

Tripon

Mix - 18

I still love Adachi even after reading his series all these years. Mix is shaping up to be one of his best. It just has that right amount of humor, drama, and subtlety that Adachi series has when he's on his game. Hopefully more people read it because its one of the best series running at the moment.

Akito

What kind of games does MangaGAF play, anyway?
Mostly RPGs, action adventures, platformers and visual novels. I dusted out my old PSP recently for Valkyria Chronicles 3 and I'm half way through it and as the FF Type 0 patch might come out in a few weeks, the PSP will remain be my handheld of choice for the near future. On console I'm currently chugging through Puppeteer and after that I'm thinking of doing a Darks Souls playthrough in preparation for DS2, which will become my downfall. I'm not even kidding.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DOTA2, EU4, MTG.

Yeah, hardcore gamer right here guys.

DW Gundam 3 and Hearthstone. The new 2.1 patch for SC2 might bring it back to me but I'm looking to start Dota 2. Lots of PS3 games to play with the sale that passed though. ;_;

Also poor Renji, being awesome won't give Bleach a higher ranking but who gives a fuck. The voting system is broken.

Soma

Been binging on 3DS games recently

- SMT IV
- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Pokemon X

I've been completely addicted to the first two.

~

Nickelodeon Ch. 27
ldr7KD7.jpg

Oh hey an update. Not a whole lot to say about this chapter though.

RIP dwarves

wonzo

Banned
Manga puckups from the past few months:

killingtrees21.jpg

killingtrees21a.jpg

killingtrees21b.jpg

Kinda just realised copies of Nijigahara Holograph started shipping out and now it's out of stock on Book Depository. ;_;

UQ Holder

This... sucks. Negima was pretty bad in the beginning but at least Akamatsu had an excuse for that. None of the characters are really interesting and the villains just seem to be random evil guys with no motivation. The only noteworthy thing is that one of the characters has had to fight naked twice and there have only been 19 chapters.

I dropped it after a few chapters with the intention of going back to read it later on when things start to get interesting. The connection to the Negima universe is my only motivation for picking this up later on, but I agree: from the chapters that I read -- got to the point where they went underground and was searching for arm -- it was mediocre. I guess Akamatsu is just out of ideas, cause the final parts of Negima were pretty bad.

With that said, I disagree with you about Negima being bad at the beginning. I enjoyed it a lot. There was still a ton of information to be absorbed with the overwhelming amounts of characters and the enormous setting. It kept getting better, whereas I'm not getting that feel with UQ Holder at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom