• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
MrCheez said:
You are going to love
their segment. They have a lot of interaction
and it's pretty memorable

I've seen bits and pieces of it in spoiler videos, and I'm very happy with what I've seen so far. :D

Jiggy

Predicting a newcomer, again. And I'll keep predicting it until we get one. Assuming there are any more, of course. (There have to be, right? The first-party secret characters can't all be veterans, right?)
These are rhetorical questions, people. Get out with your spoilers. etc.

On another note, is everyone still going through their sections for the quote hunt? >_>

tabsina

Tenbatsu said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

wow..this was a good warm up... only a little over one more week before more people can laugh in our faces

Why do you hate me Nintendo Australia?

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
Jiggs if you get desperate, I might be able to do another section for ya.
I'm desperate and you're responsible. Let's do this. >_>

The Great Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37
Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar

Posts 7,501-10,000: scottnak
Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22 (40% done)
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian (nearly done)
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato (partly done)
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix (1500/2500 down)
Posts 30,001-32,500: Cerebral Assassin
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix (60% done)
Posts 37,501-40,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God
Posts 47,501-50,000: possibly reserved for pulga?
Posts 50,001-52,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 52,501-55,000:
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37

Incidentally, I honestly wish I could fill in that last unreserved section--it would be quite a bit better than what I'm stuck doing lately--but my schedule sucks right now while I'm out of state, and I might not be able to get back to normal until too soon before the official Smash thread opens and people truly and finally stop caring about this thread. And yet I still might end up doing it. >_>

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
On another note, is everyone still going through their sections for the quote hunt? >_>

My first section is just about done. I just have one or two pages left to go. I might be able to PM you my first section tonight. I'm not sure, though. I have a midterm tomorrow. >_<

After that, I'll hop right onto the second section. And if there are still vacancies and I have the time, I'll gladly take a third one.

Interestingly enough, I think that my first section may have the first ever Jiggy Stat Post. (Yes, it's a proper noun now.)

TJ Spyke

So Lucario gets stronger the higher his damage percent is? I can see a lot of people letting themselves get beaten up early in the fight to make him stronger.

Papercuts, Lucario does have genders in Diamond/Pearl. Sakurai uses gender neutral terms for all Pokemon though (check out Pikachu's profile and you will see Sakurai always say "it").

Holy crap, still more newcomers!

@Jiggs: I should have it done sometime next week. I have taxes to do, and it's my birthday this weekend, so I'll be a bit busy.

EDIT: @Firestorm: I agree, stupid evasion moves. :p

tabsina

TJ Spyke said:
So Lucario gets stronger the higher his damage percent is? I can see a lot of people letting themselves get beaten up early in the fight to make him stronger.
I don't know about that tactic.. i mean.. you might as well fight until your percentage goes up high, rather than just taking a beating while your opponent remains on 0%

Sciz

I've never been crazy about Lucario's design, but I have to admit that he looks like a fascinating character to play as.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TJ Spyke said:

Papercuts, Lucario does have genders in Diamond/Pearl. Sakurai uses gender neutral terms for all Pokemon though (check out Pikachu's profile and you will see Sakurai always say "it").

Oh, not sure why I missed that up until now.

KevinCow

Banned
I like how, even though the game's out in Japan and we know all the characters and stuff, the Dojo's still pointing out interesting little tidbits. Like I knew Lucario got more powerful as his damage went up, but I didn't know his Aura Sphere actually got bigger.

Someone should try doing an Aura Sphere at 999% damage.

Jiggy

Papercuts said:
Lucario has no gender I take it?
Seven out of eight Lucario (and Squirtle, and Ivysaur, and Charizard) are male. One out of two Pikachu are male, but in Brawl I think it's 100% since they all have the male tail design. (Unless I'm wrong and some have the female cleft tail.)

RagnarokX said:
Well I think even noncompetitive players have to admit how annoying that move is.

Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!

Edit-
Seven out of eight Lucario (and Squirtle, and Ivysaur, and Charizard) are male. One out of two Pikachu are male, but in Brawl I think it's 100% since they all have the male tail design. (Unless I'm wrong and some have the female cleft tail.)

I really hope for your sake that one day, a black hole creates an alternate dimension in which Pokemon exist. You will be crowned its king. Until then, best keep these sort of things to yourself...

Firestorm

KevinCow said:
I like how, even though the game's out in Japan and we know all the characters and stuff, the Dojo's still pointing out interesting little tidbits. Like I knew Lucario got more powerful as his damage went up, but I didn't know his Aura Sphere actually got bigger.

Someone should try doing an Aura Sphere at 999% damage.

I actually did know that, but the update only made me think how amazing it is that people even figured some of this stuff out on their own. That first topic on Lucario was like "waohhhh"

TJ Spyke

BuddhaRockstar said:
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!

I enjoyed when opponents did that, since it made it easier for me to win (they just use Harden, I just keep attacking until they faint).

Iam Canadian

BuddhaRockstar said:
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!
Metapod used Harden!

Takes me back to grinding in Viridian Forest to evolve my Caterpie into a Butterfree. >_<

Those were tedious battles.

Firestorm said:
Lucario's down+b should be banned

Only Jiggy will understand that :(
Puh-lease, everyone knows DT is banned in real tourneys.

Lucario looks absolutely badass, and the Aura effect is really unique. However, getting beaten up on purpose is hardly a viable strategy. Just consider it a nice perk. Slightly unusual, to me, that he didn't discuss Lucario's recovery move at all, though.

Iam Canadian

It would be a real shame if Mewtwo got cut.

I mean, going off of what we know about Lucario in this Dojo update, he and Mewtwo look sufficiently different to justify both of them being included.

KevinCow

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
Slightly unusual, to me, that he didn't discuss Lucario's recovery move at all, though.
That's like how he didn't discuss Luigi's insanely buffed down B.

Also, I find it mildly annoying that all the hidden characters are "???" on the Dojo's characters section. Makes it kind of annoying to find the one you're looking for.

tabsina

Estival said:
Huh. Does Aura cap out at a certain damage percentage, or does it just keep getting stronger?

someone needs to make a cage-like custom stage, and put lucario in there to get a massive beating til it hits 999%, then we'll know

Firestorm

*looks at title*
paging HK-47

For Lucario questions, Aura effect stops at 200%.
0% - x1.0
50% - ~x1.25(1.23)
100% - ~x1.50(1.53)
150% - ~x1.75 (1.84)
200% - x2.00

tabsina

Firestorm said:
*looks at title*
paging HK-47

For Lucario questions, Aura effect stops at 200%.
0% - x1.0
50% - ~x1.25(1.23)
100% - ~x1.50(1.53)
150% - ~x1.75 (1.84)
200% - x2.00

oh right.. thanks for clarifying

Iam Canadian

BuddhaRockstar said:
Oh wow I just remembered that this thread is spoiler free... that title really should be changed...

Hm? sp0rsk is just making fun of Mewtwo.

It doesn't indicate one way or the other if Mewtwo is in.

Jiggy

~Lucario's debut has 17 screenshots and that's already more than Sheik, Ness, Falco, and Captain Falcon. But he's such an ugly Pokemon, though. ;_; I mean, would you look at those hips? Like it's wearing genie shorts or something, but except those are its legs. Its legs! That's even worse than a girl who doesn't shave... Ew!~

~Speaking of ugly, Zero Suit Samus actually didn't show today. Lucky lucky us! But Samus did for one screenshot and so she's at 95. But Pit and Link got one and five screenshots respectfully and they've had 96 now, so they're actually ahead. So much for your try, ugly blondie! ^_^~

yes what is it guy mode
no of course i don't hate blondes
just zero suit samus~~~
hey you hate peach for her shoes i hate zero suit samus for her face
yes of course i hate peach's shoes too
but not as much as her panty shots

~Speaking of guys with swords, Ike passed up the entire Pokemon Trainer group because now he has 65 screenshots.~

~Speaking of characters, we've seen 31 of them, but why aren't there more girls yet? ;_; But I guess it's okay, because at least I can relate more to the girls because at least they look pretty much like humans. (Well, usually anyway! But oh, that Zero Suit Samus and her face... -_-;) Cute blobs like Kirby and cute mice like Pikachu don't really count as guys anyway unless you're trying too hard. Oh, and neither do, like, whatever Bowser and Donkey Kong are supposed to be.~

~Speaking of cute, now there have been 21 Pokemon updates and they've beat out Mario again like the old days! And like they should!~

~But, like, I'm bothered because that only happened since Thursy had three updates, and two of them look a lot like stealthy thingies to me. But I think it's all a misunderstanding, maybe. I think these stealthy special moves and fin--oh, I still hate that name. I think those stealthy special moves and the "FSes" might actually be totally real updates, and so that would mean Thursy has still never ever cheated like awful Fri-chan. But if those are real, Fri-chan's updates for Luigi and Captain Falcon would count too and I don't want that. ;_; How do I know what to believe? Guy Mode, would you get over here and give me your opinion so I can listen to it and decide you're absolutely and totally wrong? Hey, seriously! You're not allowed to not be here for the night, especially when you whisper to me and interrupt earlier on--YOU CHEATER!~

Oh man. Lucario looks like he'll be really fun to play.

On a side note, I think I may be spending too much time on the interweb.
I mistakenly read force palm as face palm.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Lucario really does have the weirdest freaking design.

Also, on the character select screen his head looks like a big blueberry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom