• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It bugs me when people are watching a movie, tv show, etc. and they have their eyes glued to their fucking phone/computer/tablet/whatever. Their attention span is practically nonexistent.

I don't think I'll ever be the kind of person that has the TV on for background noise. I'll put it on some music or podcast instead.

Even worse when they ask you "what did he just say?" or "What's happening now" or "I don't get this, explain to me the entire movie in detail".

I just sit there like:
idzQAEQYXEAa5.gif

Oh and subs >>> dub except for Bebop and that glorious Steve Blum delivery.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is not good enzo. You should bask in the #dualities and enjoy the way different languages tickle your brain, friend.

The only dub of anything I've liked better than the sub was the Yu Yu Hakusho one. And maybe a couple old kung fu flicks like Riki-Oh because they rewrote and delivered the dialogue in the funniest ways possible.
I suppose it makes a difference if there's actually decent writing
my only real experience is with Gundam and honestly I could write better dialog

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not sure if this was posted:

All Day demo
Hook sounds like a lot of the throwaway hooks Drake would do

ride around listening to sade n***a though, lmfao, if they weren't cool, I bet people would have taken this as a shot at Drake

Hopefully because this leaks, Kanye just scraps anything remotely close to this sound for his album

big ander

Excited for the Flying Lotus/kendrick track, but also anxious. Is it gonna be Captain Murphy type production? or did they find a way to work rap over more markedly Fly Lo music? Will be interesting no matter what
if we ever become NeoKTT, i'm going out robin williams style
tbh you didn't get shamed enough for this terrible, terrible post

Cheddahz

Banned
Between this post and that tweet about disrespecting people who commit suicide... Please stop publishing your thoughts on the internet
As I said before, I regretted making that post after I made it (I haven't had power for a few hours now and I have no idea how to edit posts through a cell phone) and the whole suicide tweet on Twitter is just how I feel about suicide in general (doesn't matter who it is). I've just lost some really good friends cause of that shit and it just felt more like a selfish move than anything

I could talk about it more if I wanted to, but I'm not going to

clokwize

Neo Member
Not many actually, just people with decent standards.
The thing is, you gotta hold Mustard type records to a different standard. Mustard ain't trying to preach or have mad lyrical cats on songs, he's just trying to get the club moving. Cats spitting intelligent, socially conscious bars ain't gonna get a club moving. Facts.

Esch

Banned
How is that offbeat though?

Then again, I didn't think S80 Kendrick was offbeat like some of you did.

i mean it's poor quality but sometimes kendrick tries to cram too many syllables into the rests between beats and punctuates things off. It's really a minor complaint and IMO a part of his style.

But hey people here were saying Lil Herb doesn't know how to ride a beat, so what do I know?

Trey

Gainax produced animes seem to usually get good dubs. FLCL in particular.

I still don't understand it. Especially the " the one that in front of the gun "

The person shot and killed will live forever in the memories of his or her loved ones.

HiResDes

Wanting to keep a person alive that desires death is more selfish than anything, but ultimately altruism is a false notion and even the most benevolent acts are self serving in some fashion.

The thing is, you gotta hold Mustard type records to a different standard. Mustard ain't trying to preach or have mad lyrical cats on songs, he's just trying to get the club moving. Cats spitting intelligent, socially conscious bars ain't gonna get a club moving. Facts.
All of us already now this. You late breh lol

HiResDes

You don't understand. It ain't about the lyrics. The guy is very good at making one beat that he proceeds to edit here and there. He's one note and already becoming stale. You don't need to school me on what bangs in the club because I know.

i mean it's poor quality but sometimes kendrick tries to cram too many syllables into the rests between beats and punctuates things off. It's really a minor complaint and IMO a part of his style.

But hey people here were saying Lil Herb doesn't know how to ride a beat, so what do I know?

I know what you mean, but I've always found Kendrick to be on beat much more than trying to cram in more syllables. Like to the point that a lot of Kendrick verses are as mechanical and on beat as possible, even on Section 80. Rigamortus for example.

I've just always found it to be a weird comment like when people were saying "Finally Kendrick can ride a beat" when GKMC came out. Maybe I'M crazy though, idk.

clokwize

Neo Member
You don't understand. It ain't about the lyrics. The guy is very good at making one beat that he proceeds to edit here and there. He's one note and already becoming stale. You don't need to school me on what bangs in the club because I know.
Kinda agree tbh, the whole Show Me/Don't Tell Em/24 Hours was repetitively bland. The new album does have some good songs though, I think he just gets unwarranted hate tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom