• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May EGM review scores

Gigglepoo

Is it possible that no one else has posted these? Well, here we go!

PlayStation 2
Kingdom Hearts (10. 9.5, 9.0) Game of the Month
Suikoden V (6.5, 6.5, 6.5)

Xbox 360
The Outfit (7.0, 6.0, 7.0)
Top Spin 2 (8.0, 7.5, 8.5)
Rumble Roses XX (7.0, 6.5, 3.5)
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (7.0, 6.5, 6.5)
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (5.5, 5.0, 4.0)

Xbox
Warpath (4.0, 5.5, 5.0)

PSP
Daxter (7.5, 7.5, 7.0)
Me and My Katamari (7.0, 5.5, 7.0)
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed (8.5, 8.5, 9.0)
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (7.0, 7.0, 6.0)
Splinter Cells Essentials (2.0, 7.0, 6.0)

Nintendo DS
Tetris DS (7.5, 7.0, 9.0)
Tao's Adventure: Curse of the Demon Seal (4.0, 5.0, 4.0)
Metroid Prime Hunters (7.5, 8.0, 7.5)

PS2/Xbox
The Godfather: The Game (8.0, 8.5, 7.5)
Driver: Parallel Lines (8.5, 7.5, 7.0)
Tomb Raider: Legend (8.5, 8.5, 8.0)
Commandos Strike Force (5.5, 5.0, 5.0)
NBA Ballers: Phenom (6.0, 6.5, 7.5)

PS2/Xbox/GC
Major League Baseball 2K6 (7.0, 6.5, 7.5)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Square will reveal Final Fantasy XIII at E3
- Redesigns for both the NDS and PSP by the end of the year. Camera... and more
- Mario Paint for the NDS and Revolution
- Pilot Wings Revolution in Development
- Ratchet on the PS3 next year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, no interesting news. A huge preview on Too Human which they (wrongly) predict will change gaming. A preview of upcoming handheld titles and, um, that's about it. They did offer the great tagline for Tomb Raider: Finally a tomb worth raiding. I love not so subtle sexual jokes.

Next month's big feature is about the Revolution. Too bad it's coming out during E3 so all their "news" will not be new anymore.

Oh, and no Oblibion review yet. They did the preview thing, saying they didn't play enough to score it (like that stopped them with Viewtiful Joe 2...)

Tarazet

What on earth is wrong with Suikoden V that they gave it a lower score than Suikoden Tactics? EGM blows my mind sometimes.

Bebpo

Banned
sonarrat said:
What on earth is wrong with Suikoden V that they gave it a lower score than Suikoden Tactics? EGM blows my mind sometimes.

Flip that around; what on earth is wrong with Suikoden Tactics that it shouldn't get a higher score than V? Besides the story sucking (story counts for very little in an S-RPG), the gameplay and tactical strategy was pretty damn good, which is more than you can say about the main series these days where you just auto-battle your way through everything.

ahmad

Banned

How in the hell can a game get 3.5 from one reviewer but a 7 from another???

WTF?????? 2 and 7. I don't really care about splinter cell, but the one that gave it a 2 must have been on crack. How can someone give such a different score???

PSP
Daxter (7.5, 7.5, 7.0)

WTF

Nintendo DS

EGM really hates handhelds
And they suck at reviewing (well they suck at everything)

bengraven

EGM's reviews are just disgusting.

Of course Kingdom Hearts got such a high school. They'll be giving the Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, Madden, Halo, and Grand Theft Auto games 9's and 10's for the rest of their years. They only seem to really like a few series and anything new is instantly shit on if it doesn't blow their mind. Which is odd because their Tetris score is bullshit. Pure fucking bullshit.

And what's with them not having an Oblivion review yet...? Wait, don't answer that. I don't want to read it. I'm sure it's a 5.5 for "choppiness, lack of online multiplayer, and it's just not next-gen enough".

EGM. Now not only tough on Peter Moore; but tough on games. BELIEVE that they're bitter.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
time to stop my subscription to EGM. Do they just hate good games are fracking elistist in their scores.

I think it is the later. Gamespot does this as well.

ahmad said:

How in the hell can a game get 3.5 from one reviewer but a 7 from another???

WTF?????? 2 and 7. I don't really care about splinter cell, but the one that gave it a 2 must have been on crack. How can someone give such a different score???

PSP
Daxter (7.5, 7.5, 7.0)

WTF

Nintendo DS

EGM really hates handhelds
And they suck at reviewing (well they suck at everything)

EGM reviews are just plain idiotic now. Daxter and syphon filter are some of the best on the psp. Who the fuck reviewed these games? did they even finish it or sony and nintendo forgot to send in their reviewer check to EGM?

Their problem is that they need more people reviewing the same games for more than a paragraph. And they need to come up with more interesting features for dry spells.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
_leech_ said:
Their problem is that they need more people reviewing the same games for more than a paragraph. And they need to come up with more interesting features for dry spells.

I say just have one reviewer offer more than one paragraph. I'd rather have one fleshed out opinion than three varying, utterly unsubstantiated opinions.

Man, and I used to always trust EGM's review scores... they have gone to complete shit review-wise, wtf?

Kingdom Hearts 2 a 10??
Rumble Roses XX a 3.5??

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Who cares about the scores? EGM is only good for their rumors which come true quite often or are believable when you look back on them but plans could've easily changed.

Gigglepoo said:
- Square will reveal Final Fantasy XIII at E3
O RLY? MEGATON!!

- Redesigns for both the NDS and PSP by the end of the year. Camera... and more
Wait, so they are putting a camera in the next PSP design right... or... are they expecting yet another model of the DS by the end of the year?

- Mario Paint for the NDS and Revolution
- Pilot Wings Revolution in Development
I hope so. :D :D

- Ratchet on the PS3 next year
Given that we've already seen a demo showing how it would look like on PS3, this isn't surprising.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I say just have one reviewer offer more than one paragraph. I'd rather have one fleshed out opinion than three varying, utterly unsubstantiated opinions.

One opinion's not enough, no matter how long it is (imho).

Oh yea, Jane's in a nurse's outfit for a couple of pages.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Daxter, Tetris, and Metroid scores are pretty spot-on.

Syphon Filter is too low.

KH2 is good, but more like an 8-8.5 at best.

hooo

boooy
If it weren't for the rampant pubescent angst, I'd guess Kingdom Hearts would have got a perfect score. I hope the story becomes less grating later on.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ahmad said:
Should we even trust their information about FF XIII, Pilot wings, and Mario Paint?????
Oh come on, we'll see something on FFXIII at E3, that's a given. It might not be much, but will be something.

bengraven

Their problem is that they need to stop being assholes just to project an image of "neo-cynicism" in a market that's known for it's apologistic attitudes. And they need to stop whining about other magazines that fold to game publisher's demands for good scores (we get the fucking point already and agree over and over again).

Fixed.

Top Bottom