• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb's Endurance Run: The Third: Chrono Trigger

Darklord

Banned
Who:
F0urC.jpg
1987798-patrickdog.gif

What:
345567-chrono_trigger.jpg

When:
9350f5f77fcb0ba3d0db5c1f75b87ca7.jpg

Where:
logo.png
www.giantbomb.com

Let's do this!

Aon

Oh Klepek.

I started a Chrono Trigger run yesterday to refresh my memory. I hope Ryan's mind is blown by the repercussions of almost everything you do at the fair :D

Danielsan

Ryan and Patrick make a great Quick Look team, so this could be good. However. I feel it's kind of missing the point of the Endurance Run due to the fact that Patrick already beat Chrono Trigger (even if it was 10 years ago).

Kinda glad it's not Vinny and Jeff, they would be wasted on a game like Chrono Trigger it's neither funny nor terrible. And this way they still could potentially be doing a different game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The important question is which version they're playing, hopefully not the PS1 version.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The worst of the quicklook team. Hopefully Brad/Jeff/Vinny come up with a lil somethin' somethin' of their own for an ER.

Natiko

Banned
I still don't think this is a great combo or a good game choice for this but interested nonetheless. My main worry is Ryan didn't seem very into the ER of Deadly Premonition and on top of that Patrick just isn't funny. I don't mind the guy. He's fairly informative and genuine but not funny.

Yuripaw

Banned
I want to ask those in the know, is there going to be more Random PC Game videos?
The SWAT vid was great but also the last one.

Probably a symptom of the time of year...real busy with the new releases, and the holidays kicking in. The ER was probably mostly shot in advance, but stuff like the Random PC game is usually just a spur of the moment thing if they got time.

I've wanted a new Endurance Run series to start for so long now.

I've never played Chrono Trigger so I'm quite excited to see how good the game is. I would never play it myself.

My body is ready.

Probably a symptom of the time of year...real busy with the new releases, and the holidays kicking in. The ER was probably mostly shot in advance, but stuff like the Random PC game is usually just a spur of the moment thing if they got time.

Thanks, so long as they didn't say their done making the segment I'll be happy to wait.

Wait, so they haven't played chrono trigger? :|

Ryan hasn't. Patrick has.

Jeff talked about this during the Octobercast on Tested. Essentially they record for a week at a time, but not getting too far ahead of themselfs, since some of the off-topic discussions that happen during a ER will be current events stuff, and having too much pre-recorded will make those conversations odd.

adamsapple

Not sure how a mammoth game without any VA will do for an ER .. the charming voice acting of both persona and deadly premonition were big factors in those games being enjoyable to watch

A ton of P4 is without voice acting, so I doubt it'll be too hard. Dramatic readings are always entertaining. You also have to remember the gameplay in Chrono Trigger moves so much faster than either of the other ERs. There'll be nothing like the hours spent in fusion menus or some of the endless dungeons in Deadly Premonition.

Never watched one of these before (watching someone else play through Persona is just ...insane to me).
Will check this one out though. I myself keep meaning to replay it on my DS.

Never watched one of these before (watching someone else play through Persona is just ...insane to me).
Will check this one out though. I myself keep meaning to replay it on my DS.

ERs are fun, just make sure to watch from the start, I missed out on the Persona one and seeing hundreds of videos is too imposing for me.

thebeeks

Banned
I'm still on the fence about Klepek. One the one hand, he definitely knows his stuff and often gives games a shot that the others wouldn't. On the other hand, he's too damn chatty and he tries really hard to copy Jeff/Ryan's mannerisms.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was scrolling through GAF pretty quickly and some how "Giantbomb's Endurance Run:" and "Need for Speed: The Run" combined in my head. That wouldn't make for a very impressive endurance run.

Patrick and Ryan seems like a good team but... It needs some Italian stallion.

I was scrolling through GAF pretty quickly and some how "Giantbomb's Endurance Run:" and "Need for Speed: The Run" combined in my head. That wouldn't make for a very impressive endurance run.

They already did that. It was called a quicklook.

MrDaravon

I love these guys and this game, but I'm also skeptical on how this is going to turn out, doesn't strike me as a great game for this kind of thing. Will give it a shot still though.

I did the same thing but I saw The Third in the topic title and nearly came because I was thinking about a Saints Row The Third Endurance Run.

adamsapple

Hope they begin with a mammoth 2 hour episode ..
also kinda weird there was absolutely no mention of this in the bombcast, not even a passing reference .. if it wasn't for the ticker you wouldn't have any idea a new endurance run was beginning (unless they mentioned this in I Love Mondays, which i've missed for a few mondays)

Hope they begin with a mammoth 2 hour episode ..
also kinda weird there was absolutely no mention of this in the bombcast, not even a passing reference.
That's one of the worst things about Whiskey Media, everything seems so segregated, I only found out that GB's Youtube account had exclusive videos because of gaf, they need to star cross promotions.

Top Bottom