• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb's Endurance Run: The Third: Chrono Trigger

I watched it and loved it. I'm looking forward to Enduring this for X number of hours. I know it's not gonna happen, but goddamnit would I like for them to follow with Chrono Cross.

It's always interesting seeing how other people play games. When I played CT and games like it, I always explored everywhere and talked to every NPC I could find, usually multiple times to make sure they didn't say anything different. I understand that they're doing this for an audience and might think that's boring, but it usually saves time in the end and brings up extra details storyline-wise.

There's also a kind of, I dunno, cynicism? Not sure if that's the right word, towards games. I wonder if it comes with being a reviewer and playing so many games, but the idea of "okay I know what this is let's just get it over with." I usually give games a benefit of the doubt, even if they're old or in an established genre. Like it seemed they assumed that they just had to talk to a random NPC to trigger the next scene and it was an archaic/annoying JRPG staple, instead of it all being a purposeful setup for the trial later. If that makes sense.

I'm definitely gunna keep watching, should continue to be interesting.

stupei

True, some people also find watching pain dry to be entertaining. My bad.

Wait, I'm confused. Did you come into an endurance run thread solely to question why anyone would find watching an endurance run entertaining? Are you surprised that many people in this thread about this thing you apparently think isn't worth anyone's time disagree with you?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is so cool. I've only played about half of chrono trigger though. But it really fun watching a game I've already played.

LCfiner

True, some people also find watching pain dry to be entertaining. My bad.

yeah, I don't get your angle. this is an ER thread. of course people are gonna be interested about the previous ERs.

Oh, and I can say without a doubt that watching Vinny and Jeff press X for 2 hours in the beginning of P4 was way more entertaining than when I tried to do it myself.

Haunted

1987798-patrickdog.gif
what in the world

Emitan

I'm not really a big fan of Ryan or Patrick, especially together, so I'm not sure how much I'll watch. It's a fantastic game, though.

One of my favourite games of all time, this should be fun!
And frustrating, I'll bet, after watching Patrick's MGS QL :/

edit: Oh, Ryan's playing this? Hmm, ok.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Man, I can't believe they're renaming all the characters. I'm sure that's going to bug the hell out of me.
My policy for game names:

• Suggested name in-game:
    Leave it that way
  • The character has a name, but it's not suggested in-game (i.e. Legend of Zelda):
    I use my own name
  • I'm making a character completely from scratch (i.e. Elder Scrolls):
    A random name that makes sense in the game world

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't mind the name thing really, but it's like... deciding to rename Captain Picard to Captain Dickhard for shiggles. It just messes with how I remember the game or something.

Danielsan

Man, I think I won't be following this one. The first episode didn't do much for me. The lack of voice acting/cinematics doesn't really benefit the endurance run experience.

rakhir

Yeah, this team is pretty good as well, i was laughing a lot, especially at the names.

Holy shit they made like every wrong choice at the beginning. LOL
Could you guys spoil a bit for us, first timers that never played Brono Trigger, and expand on this? What choices did they screwed up?

Yeah, this team is pretty good as well, i was laughing a lot, especially at the names.

Could you guys spoil a bit for first timers that never played Brono Trigger and expand on this? What choices did they screwed up?

Things like eating the old man's lunch and trying to sell the pendant will soon come back to haunt them. Well, not really haunt them since the consequences aren't huge, but the game does keep track of being a douche.

froliq

Vinny and Jeff is best combo. Ryan with any of the two are great in quick looks aswell. I just didn't like it much when Brad and Ryan did the Deadly Premonition run.

Will still watch this though and stay with it if it's entertaining enough.

faridmon

I never played Chrono Trigger so I am not watching this. I a looking into buying the DS version, but I have no money at the moment :(

rakhir

Things like eating the old man's lunch and trying to sell the pendant will soon come back to haunt them. Well, not really haunt them since the consequences aren't huge, but the game does keep track of being a douche.
Haha, those kind of things? They really didn't seem to matter to me tbh, funny that this game will remember those choices.

Thanks for this.

Anyways didnt really dig the episode. I guess because i still remember the game and am like DONT DO THIS DO THAT when i watch.

Chrono Trigger is a hard game to screw up.

Plus, with their actions the court room scene will be hilarious.

I have to admit I'm glad they figured out that you can save on the world map though.

Vinny and Jeff is best combo. Ryan with any of the two are great in quick looks aswell. I just didn't like it much when Brad and Ryan did the Deadly Premonition run.

Will still watch this though and stay with it if it's entertaining enough.

I really did not like the Brad/Ryan Deadly Premonition Endurance Run. I gave up watching it half way through. Brad was just so down on the game, calling it awful all the time. It was just a bummer. Vinny and Jeff made their own fun and laughed at how ridiculous it was.

Oh, did anyone catch Patrick saying "It's Halloween"? Does that mean they queued up a month of episodes?

I noticed that, I think they're either way ahead to just get a jump on getting the content done so there aren't any delays or possibly to avoid spoilers the whole time.

I love Chrono Trigger, it's my favorite game ever. It's kind of awesome to watch people playing it for the first time-ish on the endurance run. I'll definitely be watching this. It's giving me the urge to play it again myself. :)

Dizzy-4U

So,
he didn't give back the pendant right away, he stole the chicken and he tried to walk away from Barle. They are so fucked :D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Chrono Trigger is my second favourite game ever, and I know it back to front, so it's going to be hard not to nitpick what they do, but...

:lol at them making all the wrong choices at the beginning. omg... The Trial will now be amazing.

Sucks that Patrick spoiled the Marle Barle twist, though. C'mon, son.

I never played Chrono Trigger so I am not watching this. I a looking into buying the DS version, but I have no money at the moment :(
You should when you get the chance. It starts off a bit slow, but it gets awesome a little while in. It isn't too long either, unless you're committed to grinding, doing all the sidequests and replaying the game to get all the endings. It's made by a star-studded creative staff (Horii, Sakaguchi, Akira Toriyama), an awesome battle planner (Ito!), great background artists (Honne), and many more (Kitase, Mitsuda, Uematsu, etc). It's worth playing at least once.

The DS version is the definitive version, though (but I have a really soft spot for the Woolsey translation; it's the one I grew up with and I treasure it). Pick it up when you see it in the bargain bin (I've seen tons of copies of CT in the bargain bin at Walmart :/).

Top Bottom