• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb's Endurance Run: The Third: Chrono Trigger

Loxley

I still think Patrick is about as bland of a speaker as one can get, especially compared to the rest of the GB crew, but I'll keep an open mind. Still excited they're at least doing another ER.

Gomu Gomu

How long do these cartridge batteries last for usually? I guess what I'm trying to ask is what is the possibility of it running out of juice in the middle of the ER?
Edit: also, Brono is an awesome name :lol .

How long do these cartridge batteries last for usually? I guess what I'm trying to ask is what is the possibility of it running out of juice in the middle of the ER?
Edit: also, Brono is an awesome name :lol .

The only cart I've ever have to die was an OG copy of Zelda. Chrono Trigger isn't very old and so I doubt there's much chance of the battery crapping out.

Xena

If I hadn't already done my "nostalgia" run last year on the DS, I'd be all over playing and enduring it again along with them.
Will watch a few eps though for the fun!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'll watch part of it. I'd rather play it with a friend in the room with me but these guys seem entertaining enough.

The first episode was pretty alright. Mainly for nostalgic reasons so far, but it's definitely watchable. Patrick still seems to remember quite a bit of stuff about the game, but I don't think that'll be a problem.

KorrZ

I'm really glad they chose Chrono Trigger for this Endurance Run. People speak very highly of this game and I've never gotten a chance to actually play it myself, so this is a great opportunity for people like me to experience the story and characters. Which is pretty much the exact reason that I loved the P4 endurance run so much.

snap0212

Just noticed they now have an ugly toolbar on their site. "Connect via Meebo". What the hell is this crap and how do I get rid of it?

Orgun

Still havent finished this game, guess I won't have to now that I can just watch it in Endurance run form! :)

Ryan and Patrick make a great Quick Look team, so this could be good. However. I feel it's kind of missing the point of the Endurance Run due to the fact that Patrick already beat Chrono Trigger (even if it was 10 years ago).

So think about it as though it were a buddy cop movie; Ryan is the new rookie and Patrick is the grizzled veteran that is days away from retirement.

JonCha

It was alright. I've never played the game, but it was frustrating to see Ryan not figure out what needed to be done. I actually got pretty bored at some points.

I was scrolling through GAF pretty quickly and some how "Giantbomb's Endurance Run:" and "Need for Speed: The Run" combined in my head. That wouldn't make for a very impressive endurance run.

But they could probably fit it into a single quick look session...

I wanted that idea to work out so much :(

Top Bottom