• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy versus XIII Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Not bad. Liked the music.

Also I forget, what's the deal with this one? It takes place before/after FF XIII, or it's not related story-wise at all, or what?

mr_nothin

Banned
Oh god, i cant wait!
I love the whole darker theme!!
Reminded me of the movie Set It Off when they were shooting...
I want!!!
Music is nice

Xamdou

WoW the scene with him with multiple swords in the air reminded me of Gilgamesh from the anime Fate/Stay Night...

I really can't believe it, so far the presentation is on par with FFXIII itself... I dunno, maybe some of you wouldn't agree but usually "spinoffs" are on a much lower level of quality, usually, than the original product. But this looks like a great supplement to FFXIII.

ManaByte

Gold Member
That's just the CG announcement trailer...nothing new:

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007020115078.jpg

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007020114250.jpg

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007015854035.jpg

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007015853238.jpg

Patrickula said:
Underwhelming, but I guess that's just how I feel.
Floating swords are a neat visual, at least.

I thought it was rather underwhelming myself. CG? Not sure... and I don't really care. There is not much content to that trailer anyways.

SailorDaravon said:
Not bad. Liked the music.

Also I forget, what's the deal with this one? It takes place before/after FF XIII, or it's not related story-wise at all, or what?

They have nothing in common story-wise. The only thread linking them together is that all the FFXIII games will be set in worlds that are based on Crystals/Crystal themed.

Sanjuro

Eh...I havent liked Final Fantasy in years. But that was a nice little teaser. Only thing that makes me afraid is having the people who worked on Advent Children *shudders*.

Whats with the Versus part?

mr_nothin

Banned
ManaByte said:
That's just the CG announcement trailer...nothing new:

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007020115078.jpg

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007020114250.jpg

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007015854035.jpg

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20061007015853238.jpg
Don't be a debbie downer...everyone knows this but nobody saw it.
WE KNOW ITS CG
It's all about the setting/character/music.
That's what has us excited

And this is why I want CG to be around all the time, it gets the point across. I don't think they could have done that with the same feeling with a in-game engine.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ok... well that's just typical Square CG... very high quality modelling and animation.

I like the mood the music evoked... just hope they get the game itself right, and not like Dirge of Cerberus.

ivysaur12

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I thought it was rather underwhelming myself. CG? Not sure... and I don't really care. There is not much content to that trailer anyways.

I agree. I know it's really early to judge this from FFvXIII, but it already looks like an angst filled OMG SAVE TEH KINGDOM with machines vs. magic.

Don't mind me, tonight's not my night.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Awesome.

Can't wait to go back to the flashier/technology-driven/Nomura FFs.

And ****in' Shimomura <333333

Such a distinct style of music.

Avalon

I was expecting some new footage...

Looks pretty typical for a SE game. Guess we are back to the whole, every character is a demi-god bull shit.

mr_nothin

Banned
Avalon said:
I was expecting some new footage...

Looks pretty typical for a SE game. Guess we are back to the whole, every character is a demi-god bull shit.
Which is how it should be. When was the last time we had this?
FFVIII?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Geez, people are already calling it CG. I hope the exact same debate doesn't have to happen now. We do know it's fluff whether it is real-time or not since Nomura said he was waiting for a more complete White Engine before even making the actual game.

KurowaSan

yeah, it's the CG trailer that was first shown and never made public until now.

T0_-1_1803620.JPG

i can't read japanese so i'll just ask; on 12/15, are they going to show new trailers?

OokieSpookie said:
And these are the same posters who jizzed all over the Halo 3 crap on Monday night?
The hypocricy is strong here.

Like I said. Don't care whether it is CG or not... it doesn't present anything new or exciting whatsoever. Besides... it is old. I ran into the thread expecting a new FF13 trailer.

EDIT: My bad... I thought this had been released to the public at E3. I couldn't understand what all the excitement was about.

OokieSpookie said:
And these are the same posters who jizzed all over the Halo 3 crap on Monday night?
The hypocricy is strong here.

Japanese. Interactive Movie! OMG OMG OMG OMG NOMURA LAWL LAWL LAWL. NO space aliens and body armor.

Awesome trailer.

It's too early in development for me to scream "Where's the gameplay part?!?!?11" so I'll just comment on the graphics. Who thinks that is real time?

I think it is (I don't think it will look the same while playing the actual game though, but close enough).

Uhh, it's CG. :lol

Anyway, I'm more interested in this one. Isn't the gameplay going to be real-time as opposed to turn-based?

ManaByte

Gold Member
DoctorWho said:
Like I said. Don't care whether it is CG or not... it doesn't present anything new or exciting whatsoever. Besides... it is old. I ran into the thread expecting a new FF13 trailer.

ding ding ding winnar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom