• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Folks Soul Demo coming early June

reminder

Old?

SCEJ announced a Demo for Folks Soul: The Lost Folklore, which will be released early June in the japanese PlayStation Store.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070425/fs.htm

Some pics:

fs01.jpg

fs02.jpg

fs03.jpg

fs04.jpg

fs05.jpg

The title theme for the game will be from the japanese rock band abingdon boys school

fs06.jpg

zoku88

I was wondering. What are the steps of setting up a japanese playstation store acct for someone who can't read the language.

pswii60

Is this from the same team as Genji, or does Game Republic have more than one team? Also, aren't GR supposed to be making a first party game for MS, would that be three teams?

Anyone to clarify?

EDIT: Looks beautiful by the way. But then so did Genji :s Please tell me this is from a different team!

Wollan

So do you folks think it will do better than Gundam Musou (at least initially) ? It's the first Japanese centric PS3 game that actually looks next gen (and fun). It's a original and fresh game which I think everyone is craving.

Edit: Cover (release date June 21st in case it wasn't mentioned) :

folkssoul.jpg

In the 1up preview they said that the camera was good....why the hell didn't the team share the idea with Genji? That game.....!

peace

Yoboman

Wollan said:
So do you folks think it will do better than Gundam Musou (at least initially) ? It's the first Japanese centric PS3 game that actually looks next gen (and fun). Tt's a original and fresh game which I think everyone is craving.
Depends on how Sony pushes it. I don't think there's enough hype for it to be anything but a mild success

pswii60

Wollan said:
So do you folks think it will do better than Gundam Musou (at least initially) ? It's the first Japanese centric PS3 game that actually looks next gen (and fun). It's a original and fresh game which I think everyone is craving.

folkssoul.jpg

Good, original, cover art. Me likes.

The success of the game will likely depend on just how good the demo is because that'll generate alot of hype if it turns out well.

Wollan

Putting out a demo in early June was the perfect decision in that regard.

Now, if the game only came with multiple languages.. (Most likely not though since the US release date is October or so)

dili

Wollan said:

folkssoul.jpg
Really not liking the boxart. I really loved the original boxart they were using for Unknown Realms

Lain

Demo coming out is cool, demo coming out early june isn't cool.
But I guess with Sony waiting is inevitable.

Aeon712

I hope the demo doesn't have such a bad camera like the one in Genji. Can't wait to download it though.

Zoe

Wow, I guess they're shooting for one big demo a month. Sucks if you're only downloading from the Japanese store, but from my perspective that's pretty cool :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Really interested to see how well they pull off the monster wrangling with the motion controls and June is earlier than I expected to be able to play the game in any form.

Edit: Don't feed the homophobe.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm cautiously optimistic about this. It looks amazing, and the guys from 1up (or was it Gametrailers) seemed to be impressed with how it played. I liked what they described of soul-pull-out move. Then again game republic hasn't really made a good game so far in my opinion.

mr_nothin

Banned
nofilter said:
Enjoyed your stay, then?
You have to admit...they do kinda look fruity...
Well the 2 to the left do..
The guy to the far right looks like he's trying to seperate himself from that.
The guy with the glasses has that "im too cool for this group" look.

:lol

nofi

mr_nothin said:
You have to admit...they do kinda look fruity...
Well the 2 to the left do..
The guy to the far right looks like he's trying to seperate himself from that.
The guy with the glasses has that "im too cool for this group" look.

:lol

The entire group may well be gay, totally cool with me, but I can't see why that means the only people that will buy the game must be gay, too.

Just seems odd.

Lawfer said:
Isn't that obvious for you guys? Well unless you guys are Weeboos...

fs06mp5.jpg
QUIET!

thanks for the clarification, at first I thought you were refering to the books as homosexuals

but you were refering to the 4 gentlemen, that makes much more sense

Lawfer

Banned
BamYouHaveAids said:
QUIET!

thanks for the clarification, at first I thought you were refering to the books as homosexuals

but you were refering the 4 gentlemen, that makes much more sense

Chipperaids.gif

Top Bottom