• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Folks Soul Demo coming early June

Lain

mr_nothin said:
you cant wait 4 1/2 - 6 weeks?

Sure, I can wait a month and a half, but I still feel that it isn't cool as waiting seems to be a constant with Sony lately for the worthwhile stuff.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
mckmas8808 said:
Jebus Christ man just stop!!
Right now, I'm personally more annoyed by the people who keep quoting Lawfer's post complete with his annotated pic of the band...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Lain said:
Sure, I can wait a month and a half, but I still feel that it isn't cool as waiting seems to be a constant with Sony lately for the worthwhile stuff.

Isn't that what you always have to do? Do you want Sony to personally let you download the lastest build of this game tonight?

Lain

Would you have liked it more if I didn't post my opinion that I'm getting fed up with having to wait for worthwhile stuff from Sony in regards to PS3, be them downloadable games or demos?
Because, I'm sorry, that's what I think and how I feel.

mckmas8808

Lain said:
Would you have liked it more if I didn't post my opinion that I'm getting fed up with having to wait for worthwhile stuff from Sony in regards to PS3, be them downloadable games or demos?
Because, I'm sorry, that's what I think and how I feel.

No man post away. Just saying.

Lawfer

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Jebus Christ man just stop!!

Tell that to him:
shadow-over-tokyo-20051025070636632-000.jpg

But I think he might be too busy following the path of Neo though...

Lain

mckmas8808 said:
No man post away. Just saying.

I get what you're saying, and you're right, there's always waiting involved.
It's just that it seems stuff are taking a long while to come out (I mean the good stuff or the stuff I'm really interested in, I'm waiting for CAC/Warhawk patiently but it's getting annoying) so all this waiting also for the nice demos is getting to me.
Maybe I was too negative... but all I meant was simply: I wish it was sooner/I wish I could have it now.

nofi

Lain said:
It's just that it seems stuff are taking a long while to come out (I mean the good stuff or the stuff I'm really interested in, I'm waiting for CAC/Warhawk patiently but it's getting annoying) so all this waiting also for the nice demos is getting to me.
Maybe I was too negative... but all I meant was simply: I wish it was sooner/I wish I could have it now.

Man, you should try being European. :)

Lain

nofilter said:
Man, you should try being European. :)

Hehe, yeah, I'm "used" to it being European. But at least with the old gen stuff, I could cut the wait importing.
Now I can't do it for downloadable games until they decide to release those PSN card.
That makes me sad.

mckmas8808

Lain said:

Well I do wish that Sony could be more upfront about release dates and videos. I seems like things are starting to get a little better.

DarkMage619 said:
This game looks a lot like Kameo. I hope that it turns out just as well. I loved Kameo.

The Dark One
I'm not being offensive here, but why does it look like Kameo? Because of colorful plains?

It's not like Kameo, it uses both scary and colorful areas, it's very phantasmal, there are world war 2 goblins, and furry bunnies. Main characters on the other hand look realistic. It's a very artistic experience I think. The gameplay is unique, it's not an action game, but it's also not an RPG, it has elements of adventure game, where you solve puzzles.

Can't wait to play it.

Chris_C

theBishop said:
That's outdated. It turns out you can make a Hong Kong account, which has the same content as the Japanese store, but English is available as a language option :)

How do you make a Hong Kong account, is there a tutorial floating around?

Anzu

Banned
Chris_C said:
How do you make a Hong Kong account, is there a tutorial floating around?

Create a new user on your PS3's XMB. Then select Hong Kong as your residence on the PSN signup.

I made a JP one though.

Can't wait to play this. I hope it esceeds my expectations. I'm desperate to play a next-gen RPG.

Chris_C

Anzu said:
Create a new user on your PS3's XMB. Then select Hong Kong as your residence on the PSN signup.

I made a JP one though.

Can't wait to play this. I hope it esceeds my expectations. I'm desperate to play a next-gen RPG.

Thanks.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ah whats with the compression artifacts on those screen shots?
Especially the first one.

Aeon712

antiloop said:
I need a HD version of the Gamer's Day trailer. Does such a thing exist?
Same, I already added Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Straglehold trailers to my PS3, missing this beauty.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
qirex said:
They're JPEG files and JPEG is a lossy compression format.
Im not a retard thanks.

Wow. I actually have never heard of this before, but it looks great.
You might have it used to be Monster Kingdom: Uknown Realms, then it was Folk Soul, and now its Folk Soul in Japan and Folk Lore in America.

theBishop

Banned
I love the idea of "pulling" the souls out of the enemies. That sort of mechanic should work perfectly with the way you hold the PS3 controller. More developers should look at enhancing motion controls like this rather than fully motion-control schemes.

manzo

captive said:
Ah whats with the compression artifacts on those screen shots?
Especially the first one.

Looks like some really low resolution screencaps of videos resized to 1280x720. :(

Jacobi

Banned
Whoa beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful. Most beautiful PS3 game imo (HA I went there but I just love the way the monsters look)

Ranger X

WOW wow wow.
That's super beautifull. Many creatures even give me some Miyazaki feeling. It's awesome!

I hope there will be a US demo MMMKAY SONY?

zoukka

****!

I dont usually get hyped up by J-RPG:s but that art-style is SOMETHING ELSE. Like a dark Ghibli-movie or something. This deserves to be good. (which means it wont)

Yixian

Banned
zoukka said:
****!

I dont usually get hyped up by J-RPG:s but that art-style is SOMETHING ELSE. Like a dark Ghibli-movie or something. This deserves to be good. (which means it wont)

A dark Ghibli movie :) When you say that, you're talking about the pic with the big-eared black deer, and the pic with the pub inhabited by monsters aren't you?

Because that's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw those :D

Here's hoping for english text in the J demo, like Sigma and Trusty Bell.

Top Bottom