• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Folks Soul Demo coming early June

7Th

Just watched the trailer... looks amazingly interesting, I didn't expected to have this level of anticipation in this game to be honest.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Im seeding the MP4 of the japanese trailer if anyone is downloading the torrent version.

cruets

well, watched the trailer, and i can't fight the urge any longer. preordered jp version from play-asia. anxiously awaits june 7th release^^. will give some feedback when i get it

Great animation and art direction, that music is lifeless, by the numbers, phoned in '00s drek, though.

Edit: The story and characters sorta reminds me of a sort of "Silent Hill RPG".

KGKK

Banned
Game has a nice dark and lonely feeling. Not since Silent Hill 2 did I feel that way about a game. Can't wait.

Awntawn

Wow, I was kinda :lol :lol :lol when i saw the pic of the rock band, but that theme in the trailer is great stuff.

Looks like it's gonna be engrish onry, but so far it looks like it's nowhere near as horrid as what Capcom does (Lost Planet... oh god the pain). Gothic theme, more mystery as opposed to horror... I like. Assuming the gameplay isn't a horrible disappointment like Genji, I'm definately picking this one up ;o

Awntawn said:
Wow, I was kinda :lol :lol :lol when i saw the pic of the rock band, but that theme in the trailer is great stuff.

Looks like it's gonna be engrish onry, but so far it looks like it's nowhere near as horrid as what Capcom does (Lost Planet... oh god the pain). Gothic theme, more mystery as opposed to horror... I like. Assuming the gameplay isn't a horrible disappointment like Genji, I'm definately picking this one up ;o

Even just watching the trailer gives more satisfaction than playing genji

Wow, now that's how you make a trailer. I just kept watching it over and over.

Lot's of neat stuff and really has my attention, though I'm disappointed by the techincal accomplishments, but I guess these days that shouldn't come as a surprise anymore... by the way, I absolutely adore the playstation DNA thing, very cool IMO.

Kinan

Thanks blimblim for mp4, just watched the trailer on my PS3, very impressive. If demo will be at the same level its a definite purchase.

jiggle

Awesome trailer :D
thanks

That's the japanese trailer right? Is the final game going to have english VA with jpn subtitles too?

Nice trailer.

Ever since the media blowout from Sony's Gamers Day event, this has quickly become my most anticipated game. Though technically it doesn't seem too impressive, the creature and world design look really great. And going by the trailer, the story might not be so bad either.

Nostrildamus said:
Nice trailer.

Ever since the media blowout from Sony's Gamers Day event, this has quickly become my most anticipated game. Though technically it doesn't seem too impressive, the creature and world design look really great. And going by the trailer, the story might not be so bad either.

Everybody whose played the game commented that the visuals are great..graphics are the least of worries, though the gameplay has had praise as well...story is the only unknown factor to me, and a vital one

peace

Bebpo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Amy Hennig's directing the game but if she's behind the story also we can expect a really awesome story.

Uh what? I googled her name and see no connection to this title.

This game is made in Japan by Gamer's Republic, a Japanese team.

Lawfer said:
Isn't that obvious for you guys? Well unless you guys are Weeboos...

fs06mp5.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
I was pretty hyped about this game but I just watched the trailer from the Sony Japan website and OMG - HYPE X 100000000. Definitely getting now. Just as long as it's not broken, which seems to be the case.

DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO

Mifune

Mehmber
Cool trailer, but oh god that theme song has to go.

It's like if Factor 5 got Linkin Park to do the theme song to Lair.

Kittonwy

Banned
Bebpo said:
Uh what? I googled her name and see no connection to this title.

This game is made in Japan by Gamer's Republic, a Japanese team.

Well at least Okamoto finally figured out the right stick can be used for the camera.

Station42 said:
is the japanese game all voice acted in english? this would make possible an import from jap... :)

I'm thinking the same thing, I guess we'll find out with the demo next month.

This game is going to get lost in the mix come Fall, so I'd rather pick it up on June 21st from Japan, even if it hurts US sales.

Station42 said:
is the japanese game all voice acted in english? this would make possible an import from jap... :)

After watching the gametrailers demonstration video it appears that all the menus for the game are English too. Unless of course he was demo'ing an incomplete English build.

I was going to mention that it appears the handwritten "hint book" in the menu is all kanji, but I just looked again and the book is actually written in some fictional gibberish language and the actual hints are the pictures :lol

Regardless, this game needs a world-wide release ASAP.

Kittonwy

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
After watching the gametrailers demonstration video it appears that all the menus for the game are English too. Unless of course he was demo'ing an incomplete English build.

I was going to mention that it appears the handwritten "hint book" in the menu is all kanji, but I just looked again and the book is actually written in some fictional gibberish language and the actual hints are the pictures :lol

The last thing I want is for them to rush an Okamoto game, I get kind of scared when it comes to Game Republic, give them time to polish it up, plz.
Indifferent2.gif

Barakov

Gold Member
Valkyr Junkie said:

It was the English one if I remember correctly.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Love the creature designs. This gen is going to be fabulous for that. Finally enough detail can go into the 3d models where very little has to be lost in the transition from original artwork.

Station42

distantmantra said:
I'm thinking the same thing, I guess we'll find out with the demo next month.

This game is going to get lost in the mix come Fall, so I'd rather pick it up on June 21st from Japan, even if it hurts US sales.
guess you're right, lots of stuff coming out...it might be worth waiting for it a little longer.

klee123

Man, the trailer just made me go from "interested" to "want ASAP!" I just hope the gameplay is at least good after what I played of Genji 2, but it looks like you can control the camera this time. I'll probably end up getting the JPN version if it's bilingual.

So how import friendly, for those of you who have played the demo, would say this game is? I haven't gotten a network set-up just yet but am kind of keen on getting Folk Lore/Folksoul.

Arch

The entire thing is in Japanese, there's lots of text and voice acting and from the 10 minutes I played of it(theres about 5 minutes of cutscenes, yes, all in japanese) I couldn't figure out where to go or what to do. Invisible walls galore.

Top Bottom