• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero III Controllers to be ALL WIRELESS

Shorty

Banned
There will also be a Nintendo DS version of the series, which will arrive "early next year."
Lol @ the imagination of a DS Lite hooked up to a huge Guitar. Someone make a Photoshop!
doittg8nl9.gif

Lolz also @ the double post

Dr.Hadji

hmm... Guitar Hero for DS eh?.... hmmmm

We wanted it.

It looks like we'll be getting it.

Looks like anytime is a good time to rock.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Looks like Microsoft finally gave in and provided them with the wireless stack or they managed to figure it out on their own.

damnit, im just gonna get GH3 for PS3, I already have 2 guitars for PS2, 1 for 360, then im getting the rockband Guitar and Drums for 360.

ElyrionX

TekunoRobby said:
Looks like Microsoft finally gave in and provided them with the wireless stack or they managed to figure it out on their own.

If PS3 and Wii were going to get the wireless guitar, you can bet your ass MS gave in to them.

Oh, and it really does suck for the people who bought GH2 with wired guitar. I'm just glad I held off on that because I already have two PS2 guitar controllers.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
ElyrionX said:
If PS3 and Wii were going to get the wireless guitar, you can bet your ass MS gave in to them.

Oh, and it really does suck for the people who bought GH2 with wired guitar. I'm just glad I held off on that because I already have two PS2 guitar controllers.

That's what I did, too. I can't justify buying Guitar Hero 2 again for some expensive downloadables.

ElyrionX said:

At least the 360 GH2 controllers will work with 3. The PS2 ones won`t because of no effects pedal port.

Anyway, it`s all a waste because Rock Band is going to massacre GH3. They have the developers, the money and MTV

Mifune

Mehmber
$100 Guitar Hero 3 confirmed?

To be honest, I don't mind the guitar being wired. You don't have to worry about battery life and it's cheaper.

Gigglepoo

The Innocent X said:
Anyway, it`s all a waste because Rock Band is going to massacre GH3. They have the developers, the money and MTV

Huge

Neversoft better try to get Master Tracks now. I bet almost every song in Rock Band will be performed by the original artist.

Kingpen

I'm not upset by the wireless verson despite me paying 140 for the game and 2 guitars (wired) last week... I just bought the extension cables for 5 bucks each and they cover over 20 feet at least so I am good.

It will be interesting to hear people complaining this fall at a probable $100 price tag for the wireless controller combo...

From the full interview:

GS UK: What kind of peripherals will Guitar Hero III feature?

KH: We're planning a lot for our new guitars for Guitar Hero III. First of all, the one feature that fans have been asking for the most is that, yes, they're going to be wireless. So now fans can finally rock out in their living room and jump off their couches and do all the crazy rock star stuff that they haven't been able to do in the past. And then, what we're doing with the guitars is there'll be a new shape and there'll be new colours. And what we're also looking at in addition to all those features is creating some more interesting guitars that are higher end, and some of them will be made out of wood, and so they'll actually feel like a real guitar.

WOOD!

Prime crotch said:
On GHII during one loading screen they said "Remember NO STAiRWAY!" so maybe not?
that's the point. in the first GH it said on a load screen 'they don't really want you to play free bird, they're just heckling you'.

plagiarize said:
that's the point. in the first GH it said on a load screen 'they don't really want you to play free bird, they're just heckling you'.
I thought it was some kind of pop or musical reference, that I didn't get it, to Stairway being uncool to play on an encore.

Prime crotch said:
I thought it was some kind of pop or musical reference, that I didn't get it, to Stairway being uncool to play on an encore.

Yeah, it is. But since Freebird was ****ing awesome to play on II, I can't wait to see what they could do for Stairway. The song is long, and quite complicated, much more so then the majority of Freebird.

This is assuming they get Zeppelin in the first place. :(

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Geez. Not even going to bother. They could have given us all this by waiting a few months. But no, not activision. I'm no longer buying anything Guitar Hero from them. They lost all credibility with me after the song pricing.

rothbart

I'm a huge Iron Maiden fan (Bruce Dickinson era Maiden), but I listened to Iron Maiden (the album) this weekend and it struck me that Phantom of the Opera would indeed be one of the most kick ass songs to play in Guitar Hero. Anyone with access to the track from their first album, listen to it with GH in mind. Since we'd likely get a cover vocalist anyway, it won't matter than the song was pre-Bruce to me.

I want band-specific song packs!!! (at a reasonable price of course -- this would eliminate the willy-nillyness of how they pick which songs to bundle as they'd just all be by the same artist).

Top Bottom