• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Satoru Iwata won't be able to attend investor meeting this Friday

L~A

June 24, 2014
Satoru Iwata
President, Nintendo Co., Ltd.

Thank you very much for your continued extraordinary support of us. I am Satoru Iwata, President of the company.

Today, there is one thing that I would like to share with you.

Recently, as the result of one of my routine physical examinations, an issue was detected. Following a more detailed examination, a growth was found in my bile duct.
In general, it is said that a bile duct growth can be difficult-to-treat, partly because of the difficulty of detecting it early. In my case, luckily, it was detected very early and I had no symptoms.
I was counseled that removal at an early stage would be the desirable medical option. Therefore I had surgery last week, and I came through it well, as predicted.
I have already resumed my business by email and by other means, but it is anticipated that a little more time is needed for me to return to my regular work schedule.

As a result, I have no choice but to miss the company’s very important activity, the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, to be held this month. As the president of the company, I regret that I cannot attend the meeting. However, I understand that I have to prioritize my medical treatment and to recover as soon as possible so that I will again be able to do my best to help the company to grow. I hope that you understand.

Best Regards,
Satoru Iwata

Source

Please lock if old/not approriate.

sphagnum

Banned
Clever ploy to not be voted out on Iwata's part. Who would have the heart to fire a sick man!

Get well Iwata

watershed

Banned
I hope he gets well soon. That's a big event to miss. I wonder who will take his place and how informative his replacement will be. I always like reading Iwata's slide presentation and Q and A sessions.

Eusis

Clever ploy to not be voted out on Iwata's part. Who would have the heart to fire a sick man!

Get well Iwata
On the flipside it WOULD be a good reason to voluntarily step down.

Hopefully he gets well and makes a full recovery!

Eusis

Wait, so it was a tumor, basically? Christ, he just dodged cancer.
Some tumors can be benign and just stay there dormant until you die, but yeah better safe than sorry and it sounds like it was in a position to be a problem.

AdanVC

Looks like his health issues were more serious than we tought... My best wishes to you Mr. Iwata. Glad to know the surgery went well. Health is first doesn't matter if there's an investor meeting this friday.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Fortunately, the surgery operation went well and he's already partially back to usual business operations. Hopefully, he fully recovers soon. Get well, Satoru-san! :)

moolamb

I'm so glad fortune was on his side. The probability of detecting that growth early sounds pretty low. Iwata dodge the cancer!

man that does not sound good at all even catching it early and having surgery

hope he fully recovers soon

also hope he does not lose the votes he needs

I hope he gets well soon. That's a big event to miss. I wonder who will take his place and how informative his replacement will be. I always like reading Iwata's slide presentation and Q and A sessions.

I'm guessing it will be Tatsumi Kimishima...maybe Miyamoto for part of the Q&A.

Reading through the note.

Iwata just dodged that Blue Shell Cancer through early detection.

I wish him a speedy recovery, so he can get back to the race at hand.

Still looking forward to seeing if anything interesting will come out of the meeting.

Top Bottom