• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Satoru Iwata won't be able to attend investor meeting this Friday

Or a Hitachi, Siemens or GE machine. Most likely a Hitachi given the location.

Don't mean to go off-topic, but this is a really stupid conclusion, given the premises. They would likely have the cheapest option.

Anyways, his replacement speaker may give us a glimpse of who's "next in line", so it would a really observation.

JoeM86

Don't mean to go off-topic, but this is a really stupid conclusion, given the premises. They would likely have the cheapest option.

Anyways, his replacement speaker may give us a glimpse of who's "next in line", so it would a really observation.

Chances are that Takeda and Miyamoto will run the investor meeting.

Dipz

Banned
So this thing was detected early and taken out, so hopefully Iwata will be okay

:)

This thread has actually brought good news when I thought it wouldn't.

May Iwata have a high QoL for many years to come!

This is our chance to beat those lovable bastards over at /v/ to the punch and send him two get well soon cards !

Dumb joke aside, that was a great move by 4chan and I really hope he gets well soon .

Get well soon, keep fighting

so-many-punches.gif

Hitachi run a few Hospitals in japan irrc, and I'd think a company centered in Japan would charge less for Japan due to taxes or have better dealings with hospitals in their own country.

Side note: MRIs are very cheap and popular in Japan compared to the US. They're the equivalent of 160~ USD. This probably contributed to them finding the tumor in the first place, the popularity not so much the price for someone like Mr. Iwata.

Hrmmm,..

I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Iwata - he is not your standard figurehead, nor a serial CEO who spews sales figures and industry double-speak - he is first and foremost a software engineer and a gamer, and is truly a humble man. You do not hear much about Iwata, short of the many editorialized *cough* 'articles' that might cover any perceived missteps attributed to the company (and subsequently his leadership) that are and will continue to be more than well publicized by the media.

He does not take any credit when it is certainly merited, and attempts to deflect criticism of his teams onto himself, and bear the burden of any struggle the company might be facing onto his shoulders. He is a strong, quiet leader, and again, very humble - traits that are ever increasingly rare in this industry, and furthermore in this world for that matter.

All that said, the stress that Iwata must be facing on every front is very real, and must be quite palpable. I hope he takes the time to seriously weigh the pros and cons of his position, and how it might be affecting his life, particularly when it comes to his health.

As much as I would love for him to stay on indefinitely at Nintendo, I would never want for him to do so at the cost of his well-being.

Feel better, Mr. Iwata.

Hermii

If Iwata needs to take it slow in the coming weeks, what better opportunity to catch up on Iwata Asks?

First gather the Pikmin 3 team that ones long overdue, and then we need Mariokart 8.

Terrell

Happy for Iwata, a full recovery is the best possible outcome to his situation.

I'm really crossing my fingers that Mr. Iwata doesn't have cancer or any early forms of cancer...or that he won't have to deal with other growths in the future.

The only growth I want to hear about from Iwata now is Nintendo's company growth. I think we can all agree with that. :)

Wishing someone to get fired, and wishing someone to get well from decease are not mutually exclusive.

Well, people can be forgiven for thinking it jarring and conflicting with prior sentiment when some people go from heartless condemnation of the character and well-being of someone they don't personally know to being a supportive cheerleader just because of the nature of the misfortune.

oh god he ended it with a please understand
p0QHO.gif
KuGsj.gif

At least people listened when he asked this time.

Cygnus X-1

Feel very sorry for that and wish Iwata to get completely healed.

Cancer is one of the worst thing ever on this planet.

OmegaDL50

Cholangiocarcinoma or Bile Duct Cancer is terrible, survival rates at the most is 5 years with a maximum survival rate of 30% beyond the 5 year period.

A Bile Duct is a small tube that is more or less interconnected between the Liver, Pancreas, and Stomach.

Mr. Iwata did a VERY, VERY smart thing by having a growth removed in the worst case it was tumor or cancerous.

Crowbear

So he had throat cancer in an early stage that was removed successfully?
Holy crap, I'm just glad it was found early.

The bile duct is connected to the liver, not the throat.

I've almost never heard the word "growth" in a medical context to indicate anything other than a tumor but maybe it was a mistranslation or something. Benign bile duct tumors are extremely rare, especially in men, and a single cancerous tumor there leads to a terrible prognosis even after resection (somewhere between 5% and 30% 5-year survival rate depending on exactly where the tumor originated).

So yeah, hopefully it wasn't actually cancer and that he gets through this ok.

It was benign, right? It won't grow again?
Damn, it's a terrible news, but fortunately it was discovered early. I really hope he's going to recover completely :(

Top Bottom