• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF MotorStorm Thread

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Kind of surprised we don't have one yet, so I figured I'd make it. I just got my copy of the game, and I'm about to start playing it. Feel free to start asking some questions, there's no embargo on this so I can talk about anything.

Just a few quick notes:

PSN ID: ArnoldK
Release Date: March 6th
Players 1-12
720p (No quasi-scaling)
Headset Compatible

Some screens:
928393_20070122_screen002.jpg

928393_20070122_screen003.jpg

928393_20070122_screen006.jpg

SamBishop

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
I just got my copy of the game, and I'm about to start playing it.

Woo, you too? Get your butt online, yo, we'll rip it up there.

By the way, they set it up so you can hear the in-race conversations while you're waiting in the lobby for the game to end. I can only imagine some of the screams we're going to be hearing pre-race.

AlphaSnake

Jim said:
I should be online tonight (~11pm EST)

Ok good. It'll give me a chance to check it out online too. I wonder if Sam Bishop got his too..

Edit: I GUESS HE DID!! LAWLZ.

AlphaSnake

SamBishop said:
Woo, you too? Get your butt online, yo, we'll rip it up there.

By the way, they set it up so you can hear the in-race conversations while you're waiting in the lobby for the game to end. I can only imagine some of the screams we're going to be hearing pre-race.

Hahaha, I need to get a feel for this first. Then gonna' sync my bluetooth headset to the PS3 and I'll see you online. =D

Next week you will be mine.

Sucks that it will probably be missing some of the big online features to allow GAF to play together easily like tournaments, integrated friends list, etc.

Oh well. Wollan will do a call to arms for us here on GAF ;)

Pallaris

Final word on framerate/tearing? Is it still smoother to play in car view? Are the shadows improved over the JP version at all (this was hinted at).

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
How are the crashes then subsequent spawning handled in multi? Any different from one player?

AlphaSnake

Pallaris said:
Final word on framerate/tearing? Is it still smoother to play in car view? Are the shadows improved over the JP version at all (this was hinted at).

I've experienced a bit of slowdown for a split-second in my first race. Didn't happen again. Tearing I haven't noticed.

But the load times are pretty...err...shitty. 30 seconds at least on a 60GB.

Gek54

AlphaSnake said:
I've experienced a bit of slowdown for a split-second in my first race. Didn't happen again. Tearing I haven't noticed.

Ewf, Evolution Studios had awesome loadtimes in the WRC games, 7 seconds for 11km courses.

grendelrt

This is a game I will probably play online. Can anyone recommend me a headset based on Battery Life and not having to be repaired on restart?

SamBishop

Banned
levious said:
How are the crashes then subsequent spawning handled in multi? Any different from one player?

You basically respawn right where you crashed, so in online games, if you crash... you're ****ed -- or you'd better hope the other guys do too. The people I'm playing against apparently never crash. I've been dead last both races. I think AS was smart in getting the feel down first...

AlphaSnake said:

It's even worse when you only have 30 seconds to pick your vehicle online and loading takes up half of that.

speculawyer said:
Will it be on sale anywhere this week?

Not this week. Ships Tuesday, should be in stores everywhere Wednesday.

AlphaSnake

Not having some sort of practice/time-trial mode where I can just drive around by myself is a little stupid, imo.

The game's a lot of fun so far, though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Me want me want me want me want

/goes into child like hissy fit

AlphaSnake

Heh, I see some mip-mapping going on with the ground textures like 3 feet in front of the car. Kind of annoying. It's only noticeable over certain kinds of textures.

Z3F

Banned
Beautiful. This is what next-gen graphics should look like. Maybe we can stop hearing now about how the graphics of another recently released PS3 racer are dissed by reviewers.

Z3F

Banned
AlphaSnake said:

How are the load times if you restart the race? What I hated about PGR3 was the fact that it took a while to load even when you're just restarting a race.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Z3F said:
How are the load times if you restart the race? What I hated about PGR3 was the fact that it took a while to load even when you're just restarting a race.

I would hope better than those PGR3 online loading videos that I have seen. Took like a ridiculous 100 seconds or something for one of them that I saw.

OT: Love that avatar. Down with Hondurs.

dfyb

Banned
Z3F said:
in the motorstorm demo it's instant

Ragnarok10

grendelrt said:
This is a game I will probably play online. Can anyone recommend me a headset based on Battery Life and not having to be repaired on restart?

Jabra BT125, check and check.

AlphaSnake

SpacLock said:
AlphaSnake: How's the AI and difficulty? Can you install the game to make loading faster?

AI is good, as is difficulty. Game does get progressively more challenging, it seems. No installing.

AlphaSnake

Aside from the incredibly shitty and out of place Primal Scream, this soundtrack is dope. =)

Top Bottom