• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation announced [Update: Trailer, 2012, More]

desu

Update November 28th

Kyuubi Naruto confirmed
European release 30th March
Japanese release 23th Febuary

Update September 23th

The first real trailer is out now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWlJrB85zU

Shows most of what has been revealed in scans so far.

Update July 14th

Jump has news on two new characters in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations. Mei, the fifth Mizukage, and Onoki, the third Tsuchikage, are playable. Both are new to CyberConnect2?s fighting game series.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Adds Two Kages To The Roster | Siliconera

Update July 1st

AgentChris said:
SykoTech said:
Blurry gameplay vid of Sasuke vs Raikage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfS8-6Pr4U0
Update June 30th

267137_1830765450838710n6v.jpg

Update June 29th

Teaser for the game is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEdb1CJhFoM

Initial post
The latest issue of jump features the reveal of the game. The game is coming out for PS3 and 360, no release date given. Apparently characters like C, Darui, Raikage, Haku and Zabusa will be in the game. The first scan of the game also shows the Naruto in his young outfit so those characteres might be in as well (which would make sense with the title).

Seda

So a Shippuden/Original mix then? Wonder what kind of story mode there will be.

I still have to pick up UNS 2. I quite liked the first.

Tizoc

Hype for Zabuza, Mizukage and Raikage, but can they at least try to improve the combat? It feels...simplistic in NS2.

Pein

Banned
Tizoc said:
Hype for Zabuza, Mizukage and Raikage, but can they at least try to improve the combat? It feels...simplistic in NS2.
It can get deep if you learn to use supports and learn the timing, I'm not talking Street fighter deep but it takes some skill.

They also need to fix Killer Bee, he's kinda awful in storm 2.

The naming is getting a bit ridiculous now. First it's naruto ultimate ninja, then they add storm to mark shipuden timeskip, now they add generation to include the old season back.

Seda

Callibretto said:
The naming is getting a bit ridiculous now. First it's naruto ultimate ninja, then they add storm to mark shipuden timeskip, now they add generation to include the old season back.

The first Ninja Storm game had no Shippuden. UNS seems to be the title of the HD games for the franchise (other than the Ubi games I guess). This one is maybe a considered more like a spinoff considering it's not numbered and has a subtitle instead?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Pein said:
It can get deep if you learn to use supports and learn the timing, I'm not talking Street fighter deep but it takes some skill.

They also need to fix Killer Bee, he's kinda awful in storm 2.

There's potential but they need to tweak some stuff. People blatantly using turbo to mash out a substitution jutsu is the main offender.

desu

So a better can just came out. Shows pretime skip characters like Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi fighting against Haku and Zabusa.

The other part of the scan is Raikage with the support of C and Darui doing lightning attacks against Sasuke.

Pein

Banned
Papercuts said:
There's potential but they need to tweak some stuff. People blatantly using turbo to mash out a substitution jutsu is the main offender.
some dudes just abuse the shit out of substitution, storm 2 is a fighting game where you get punished for fighting.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
At this point, I'll get at least 10 times the enjoyment from the game that I get from the manga as it is. Anyways, this is good news, as UNS2 was fun stuff.

TreIII

If it adds plenty of the first season characters, I may get this one.

Though I do hope they work on a good deal of some of the system quirks that I remember hearing about too. It'd also be nice to have a game that at least the kind of depth that the Narultimate Hero series once had.

Papercuts said:

Yeah, they need to fix that shit. And the terrible character balance. And those overpowered awakening attacks or whatever they were called.

Still, I'll be renting this. I liked Naruto UNS2 well enough (for an anime game anyway).

perfectnight said:
The games are way too simple and are just bound to be horribly broken. Seriously there's 1 button for attack...

Eh, it's the same for just about any licensed game. They're shallow and flashy games made for fans of the series to play for a week or two, it's not like anyone takes them seriously.

desu said:
The latest issue of jump features the reveal of the game. The game is coming out for PS3 and 360, no release date given. Apparently characters like C, Darui, Raikage, Haku and Zabusa will be in the game. The first scan of the game also shows the Naruto in his young outfit so those characteres might be in as well (which would make sense with the title).
Covering the War arc the? Is the anime even at that point?

Kusagari

iconoclast said:
Eh, it's the same for just about any licensed game. They're shallow and flashy games made for fans of the series to play for a week or two, it's not like anyone takes them seriously.

The Gekitou Taisen Ninja series on Gamecube was the best of the lot. It actually felt like a real fighter if a bit simplified. They even dumbed those down when they brought them to Wii.

Kusagari said:
The Gekitou Taisen Ninja series on Gamecube was the best of the lot. It actually felt like a real fighter if a bit simplified. They even dumbed those down when they brought them to Wii.

Yeah those games were really damn good. Such a shame that they, apparently, fucked up the Wii games.

Oh well if this game has a shit load of characters then that should be good enough. The fact that Zabuza is in already has me interested.

Naruto GNT4 was a classic, for real. It also had great music that surprisingly took a nosedive when they started with the Shippuden games.

Kinda like the anime, I guess.

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Naruto GNT4 was a classic, for real. It also had great music that surprisingly took a nosedive when they started with the Shippuden games.

Kinda like the anime, I guess.

GNT4 is one of my favorite fighting games. Fuck, that game was so much fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish they'd take that formula to different games. A Bleach game would be easy enough(though I'd rather a YYH version)

Crewnh said:
Covering the War arc the? Is the anime even at that point?
Probably up to naruto and sasuke meeting. So we got sasuke vs b, b vs kisame, kage summit. Maybe they'll stretch it a bit until naruto got the new kyuubi mode. And considering generation title, probably minato flashback as well.

thuway

I really hope CC decides to take a more competitive route. These games look too damn sexy to just be relegated to fluff.

Now we just need to know what is happening on the Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution games, Im waiting for 4, 3 was honestly the best fighter on the Wii.

I love the Ultimate Ninja Storm series, honestly, my favorite of all time. I hope they have more character alternates like Student Naruto and Student Sasuke.

Cant wait for the official unveiling, on site.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Fix/nerf the fuck out of KNJ
Fix Awakened states
Fix Rasengan/chidori spam

I can probably let others issues pass if they fix these issues.

I didn't expect another one so soon after the gap between the first 2.
I wonder what direction the story will be taken in? going by the anime we've progressed a whopping 1 story arc since the last game, hope they don't go repeating the same stuff from the last game.
Oh and please do something about the substitution, in the clash of ninja games it takes around 75% of chakra to do which prevents the constant spam of logs flying around, they should do something similar because the game really feels too punishing for those who dare to go up close to attack. Not that I expect any sort of balance in a game like this.

zlatko said:
:( I want CyberConnect2 to bring me my long awaited One Piece fighting game made on the Storm engine.

I thought One Piece has been exclusive to Nintendo platforms, and to people saying Bleach, isnt that exclusive to Sony now? Im surprised this Naruto isnt on Vita, considering they are on the list of developers.

Anteater

zlatko said:
:( I want CyberConnect2 to bring me my long awaited One Piece fighting game made on the Storm engine.

I want an adventure game and exploring new islands :(

and cruising on the Thousand Sunny

IrishNinja

ah, i just got through volume 1 and was starting out Shippoden, and eyeing UNS2...was 1 worth getting? also, how far should i be in the series before playing these and not being worried about spoilers?

luffeN

Does the scan say when it is going to be released? There is a box in the upper right corner with some details.

zlatko

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
I thought One Piece has been exclusive to Nintendo platforms, and to people saying Bleach, isnt that exclusive to Sony now? Im surprised this Naruto isnt on Vita, considering they are on the list of developers.

Exclusive I don't think so. Have they BEEN on Nintendo platforms? Yes. I think it's more to do with the budget they have in Japan for something like a One Piece game, so they pick the Wii/DS.

Plus, the costs to get the rights to make these games I assume is pricey. Nartuo Storm 2 had no official anime music, because of the licensing costs right? This might be one of the reasons we saw 2 come to 360 as well, and now 3 is coming out on a quicker schedule is to try and make the most money they can with whatever price they had to pay to make a Naruto game. Just spit balling, but it would sort of make sense.

A good One Piece adventure game with an online fighting multiplayer focused to a competitive fighting game crowd would be sooo gewd in theory.

Aru

zlatko said:

Ganbarion makes almost all OP games these days. I hope the 3DS version of One Piece UC is good.

IrishNinja said:
ah, i just got through volume 1 and was starting out Shippoden, and eyeing UNS2...was 1 worth getting? also, how far should i be in the series before playing these and not being worried about spoilers?

UNS1 covers it all. It was pretty fun, for 20 or so hours to relieve the story and the fighting. It should be dirt cheap so worth getting for whatever price it is. UNS2 covers through the entire Pain arc plus a bit of Sasuke. However some things in the Pain arc werent completely faithful.

After seeing that scan, I wonder what the story will be in the game and if they will throw in a game exclusive arc on top of it.

Takao

Banned
It's funny how some nice graphics makes people forget this is the 10th Ultimate Ninja game since 2006. That's not counting UN5 which was JP/EU only, or that PSP game that is being branded as an Ultimate Ninja game but is Dynasty Warriors.

Scamco knows what they need to do to sell Dragon Ball games. Just make them pretty and people will forget it's yet another fighting game.

ShockingAlberto said:
I swear to God, if you have to get every title to Platinum again...
If you want the game to show up on the 360 as a full complete game you have to 100% achievements, only two stopping me in UNS2 were the online wins, so many people online abusing OP characters it was annoying and broken :/ but I had a blast with all the single player content.

Reknoc

Aru said:
Ganbarion makes almost all OP games these days. I hope the 3DS version of One Piece UC is good.

I'm not sure that's likely to happen. Still, at least Gigant Battle looks okay.

Top Bottom