• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation announced [Update: Trailer, 2012, More]

I just checked out some GNT Special gameplay vids and it actually looks pretty damn fun. Anyone know if there are still people playing online? cause I would seriously consider dropping 100 bucks on a wii and then whatever it costs to import the game.

e- nm just checked gamefaqs and it looks like the community is dead :/

Skilletor

UNS2 was a major step back gameplay wise from UNS1, but the single player was much better.

Will buy this just because it's pure eye candy and fan service.

Oh and FUCK YEAH @ Haku being back.

dacuk

perfectnight said:
GNT4 is one of my favorite fighting games. Fuck, that game was so much fun.

GNT4 substituted Mario Kart DD as the game to play in our meetings for my group of gaming friends.

hutna said:
shouldn't it be "bodies" as in 6?

They should make the individual bodies in the game or something, or at least the body that was obsessed with Kuchiyose no Jutsu. I wonder, with it being Generations, will younger forms of most characters be in the game, oh and Kakashi's team etc.

hutna

Dedication Through Light said:
They should make the individual bodies in the game or something, or at least the body that was obsessed with Kuchiyose no Jutsu. I wonder, with it being Generations, will younger forms of most characters be in the game, oh and Kakashi's team etc.

I thought the paths were used fine in the last game. The throw/ultimate jutsu and some of the combos having the other paths come out to perform their attacks worked pretty well without making 6 individual characters or making the character insanely complicated compared to the others in the game.

I would love young and/or ANBU Kakashi and Obito etc though.

ACESmkII

I absolutely love what CC2 has done with the Ultimate Ninja Storm series. They are a little simple but never the less they are great games, also for not using licensed music Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 had a amazing OST. I especially loved all the dramatic scenes.

Fun, really enjoyed UN2. Sure, the city was a lot less than in UN1 but the fights were really fun.

I would like more specials moves for characters this time around. One per character wasn't that fun to discover.

I really hope they expand on the open world stuff in the first UNS. 2 is by far the better game, but I hate not being able to chakra run through the streets of the village.

Dedication Through Light said:
Isnt the substitution the way they have it implemented, canon. In the source material, substitution is pretty much impervious to everything.
well in the manga, you actually have to cut the item or have an item prepared to do the substitution which is why almost nobody uses it.

TacticalFox88 said:
Please make a Bleach game. K thanx bait.
Not just Bleach, they should make new DBZ games like the old ATARI ones that were better than raging blast garbage.. I wish they would expand to make other anime games..

Mengetsu

Yes!! I love this series! I just miss the over the top specials from the Ultimate Ninja days from the PS2. Good series none the less.

RedSwirl

Not a whole lot has happened since the Pain fight though. There's been Saske vs the Kages, Saske vs Danzo, and The War which is still going on.

Zabuza and Haku leads me to believe that they're doing all the resurrected characters.

thuway said:
These games need-

AA
4 Player Combat
Balancing

INsta-fun.

4 player may be hard with the camera system they have now is optimized for 1 on 1 fighting (you always face your opponent, and it work really really well)

really, UNS2 combat have tons of potential. even just making it 4 normal jutsu each character (even better if they let you customize your jutsu list) will make the game more fun and variety

i want more moves, more ultimate moves, bring walking on walls back, tag-team, aaand yes ultimate forms like Susanoo, Eight Tails, and Kyuubi should still be barely beatable :p

I hope they fix the shit ass poor fighting mechanics
When two people who are High level play they just spam distance attacks and supers since trying a combo will just get you killed when he subs out on the 3rd hit by spamming r+L and supers you while your still in the combo animation
They need to make it so Subbing out of a combo takes a big chunk of chakra away, like in the Gekitou Ninja Taisen GC games
Also make it so unsuccessfully pressing L+Rto try and sub out lowers your chakra a bit every time you do it, so you have incentive to actually time it instead of playing the lottery with it.
The visuals are top notch, just some AA would make it awesome
I cant wait to play this game 10 years from now on my pc with 8xAA and a smoother framerate

Aru

Keep this 4-player bullshit away from Naruto Storm series please !

Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 was mediocre, partially because of 4 player mode.

Most battles in the anime are 1 vs 1.

Aru said:

I dont think 4 player would work with the style for Ultimate Ninja Storm series. It was good in Clash of Ninja Revolution III, but I think graphically it suffered because of it.

Aru said:

Agreed. 4 player battles would ruin the game.

Ezalc

This better have Samui in it. Or whatever that one new blonde chick with the big boobs is named, I'd totally want to play with her boobs as her online.

Edit: Also I'd want the second hokage too, he's still my favorite out of the five hokage.

Ezalc said:
This better have Samui in it. Or whatever that one new blonde chick with the big boobs is named, I'd totally want to play with her boobs as her online.

Edit: Also I'd want the second hokage too, he's still my favorite out of the five hokage.
Yeah, that's Samui. I'd love for Omoi (black male with blonde hair) to be playable as well as Karui, the black girl in the team.

Ezalc said:

we don't even know how she would fight, at least Omoi got one or two panel of action, Samui appear only to provide explanation and then got sucked into magic pot.

FreeMufasa

Glad I skipped on the second game (For no reason other than it slipped my mind). Although I dont like the UN/S games as much as GNT series, I still really like it for capturing the Naruto feeling.

The second I get interested in the series again, it's a day 1.

Top Bottom