• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Samurai Jack (Adult Swim) is coming back in 2016, I think we all know...

That Activision should get the license for it and have PlatinumGames develop it. What say you?

tumblr_mk58j7Ic1V1s1baneo1_500.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149492

Fury451

Banned
That...would actually be a pretty good pairing of license and developer, yes.

And I'm certainly not a believer that Platinum is a flawless "do no wrong" and "could make anything good" developer.

NINJA THEORY

This wouldn't be bad either honestly.

I could do for a game, but damn people wanting Platinum wanting to make everything lately is getting played out.

I wouldn't mind a Zelda/Actiony hybrid type of game for it. Imagine the haunted house episode in a game like that.

I wouldn't mind if they went for a 2D action game instead and keep it with the artstyle of the show. I don't know any good 2D action developers mind.

DrArchon

ArcSys fighting game.

Have them do their magic and make it look like the show as much as possible.

I can't die before I get to play as the Scottsman in a game. I just can't.

I could do for a game, but damn people wanting Platinum wanting to make everything lately is getting played out.

I wouldn't mind a Zelda/Actiony hybrid type of game for it. Imagine the haunted house episode in a game like that.

Who else can make good character action games that are licensed? I mean, who would even be willing to do licensed games in the first place? Platinum does anything so that's why they're always called on, I think. :)

That Activision should get the license for it and have PlatinumGames develop it. What say you?

I have been saying this for years but thought it wouldn't happen because I was sure, with Tartakovsky sick of waiting and off to do his own projects, that Samurai Jack was dead.

This was always the perfect match for a licenced Platinum brawler.

sensui-tomo

Is it bad i'd love this game to be developed by the "Way of the samurai" guys? I'd love me a campy choose your adventure styled game. Hell make NG+ a mechanic for the story. (probably use that guy who could send people back in time and knew about jack's future)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I just heard about this....shieeet....a game based off of Jack could be cool...even at the level of Korra

Elixist

Wayforward could probably make something cool in a sidescroller style. Their quality is all over the map tho.

OP should've linked the OT thread about Samurai Jack coming back to TV so you won't have people startled by the news.

Nevertheless, I do agree Platinum would be a good fit. Heck I would like it if Klei Entertainment had a hand in it.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
please no.

Platinum or bust.

Only if Platinum can dial it down a notch. They're certainly the better action-game-makers, but Samurai Jack doesn't suit the kind of pace seen in Bayonetta. I'd say Team Ninja are perfect, but they're just a Dead or Alive studio now.

Ninja Theory could really pull off a SJ game I reckon, just as much thought put into the environments and characters as the combat.

Top Bottom