• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Winds (WiiWare) = instabuy

x3n05 said:
Thread needs pics.
lostwinds-5-wii_001.jpg

lostwinds-4-wii_004.jpg

lostwinds-5-wii_004.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Got this from the WiiWare discussion thread: LostWinds sequel already announced!

Frontier said:
Click here to REGISTER FOR ADVANCE INFORMATION on Frontier's forthcoming LostWinds sequel containing amazing new gameplay as Toku and Enril's incredible adventure to save Mistralis continues - Frontier is registered under the UK's Data Protection Act and won't use your details for any other reason.
http://www.frontier.co.uk/games/lostwinds/

Alaluef said:
*dodges OT storage issues being discussed*

It aint offtopic ic the topic title is telling us to buy and the op is telling us to buy, so we are saying why we can't buy...yet.

I might just delete the nintendo channel for this tomorrow and maybe also pokemon snap.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Linkzg said:
It aint offtopic ic the topic title is telling us to buy and the op is telling us to buy, so we are saying why we can't buy...yet.

I might just delete the nintendo channel for this tomorrow and maybe also pokemon snap.
Yeah, I thought better and that's why I edited that from my post you quick quoter. :p

I agree it's an issue to be talked about, I just don't think this thread is the best place... LostWinds is a very relaxing and entertaining game, it deserves a thread only with discussions about it.

Maybe with WiiWare launched we should create an "official Wii storage thread" or something.

Lakupo

It's like the love child of Knytt and Okami. It's beautiful, intuitive, and a ton of fun. I don't really care if it's short, it's worth the 10 dollars, especially to support an independent developer and insure a Lost Winds 2. :D

If you're worried about space, delete an N64 game (Sin and Punishment's about the same size)! You can always download it again afterward. It's definitely faster to redownload than transfer it to an SD card anyway.

The wind dynamic is incredible and is the best use of the pointer since Mario Galaxy. At first I thought bouncing Taku around was going to be annoying all the time, but I actually ended up loving it. Running Enril through the leaves, plants, and blossoms just looks gorgeous.

LouieGeetoo said:
Did he fall a moderate-to-long distance? That causes damage unless you slow him down.
No I was walking towards or standing near the wall on the right when he died all of a sudden. It was in a room with two switches, the first one opens up a hatch above you and the second switch opens up a hatch above the room to the right of the room that I was in (I was standing near the wall that seals off the other room from the side when I suddenly died). The only think I can possibly think of is that the piece of fruit fell on my head and damaged me, but I had half of my life left when it happened so if that even does cause damage it shouldn't have been enough to kill me. I'm almost certain it was a glitch.

Alaluef said:
Yeah, I thought better and that's why I edited that from my post you quick quoter. :p

I agree it's an issue to be talked about, I just don't think this thread is the best place... LostWinds is a very relaxing and entertaining game, it deserves a thread only with discussions about it.

Maybe with WiiWare launched we should create an "official Wii storage thread" or something.

While I am going even further offtopic here, I always wondered why there werent "general question" threads for each console.

Also, is Lost Winds a lot like Kirby Canvas Curse?

Amir0x

Banned
*sees blue flashing light*

Holy shit Anihawk! Thanks man.

I guess I'll find space now, somehow. *shuffles through VC games*

Agent X

Akai said:
Man, if there only needed to be one example of "needs to be seen in motion," this is it...

I agree.

Also, I'd add that it looks much better when you're actually playing it on your TV, than looking at it in (somewhat grainy) videos on the Web.

Kuramu

I'm a forgetful person with under 200 blocks free.

Let's say I delete some VC games for now... will there be a list of games I've DLd but are not on my Wii? or will i have to do go though the entire game list to find these games again listed as purchased and cross reference with my channel list?

Amir0x

Banned
Kuramu said:
I'm a forgetful person with under 200 blocks free.

Let's say I delete some VC games for now... will there be a list of games I've DLd but are not on my Wii? or will i have to do go though the entire game list to find these games again listed as purchased and cross reference with my channel list?

pretty sure there is a "Games you've downloaded" list in Wii Store

LostWinds is pretty fucking gorgeous! I don't know, something about the art style, subtle bloom, and interactions with the scenery makes the game, IMO, one of the best looking Wii games.

Kuramu

Amir0x said:
pretty sure there is a "Games you've downloaded" list in Wii Store

Getting better. Does it point out which ones I have deleted, or do I need to try to DL each one and see what happens?

Alex

Erase useless shit like the internet channel, do you guys REALLY use the internet channel? Really?

Terrell said:
See, I don't know why anyone should waste time convincing the stubborn to use SD cards to solve a storage problem when they're clearly protesting. Except it's a protest about absolutely petty inconvenience.

If this is all that stops them from owning a good game, they didn't want the game in the first place and are just using this topic to wave the banner of their cause. AGAIN. Like we didn't hear them in every single WiiWare thread since the beginning of creation.

So don't waste your time, really, they weren't going to buy it anyways.

Bullshit. I am going to buy this, tonight, but first I need to make sure I have the space available to do so. The fact is, I always have more games to play than time to play them. I buy a lot of games, and play them all, but they compete for my time, so I only finish some of them.

Because this is the case, it doesn't take much to keep me from trying something. If I don't consider a game worth its price, I'll buy it if I see it on sale. If it doesn't go on sale soon enough, it'll fall off the radar. These Wiiware games are going to be in a similar boat: if I don't have space for the ones I'm on the fence about, I won't bother buying.

Scrubking

Just finished it. Awesome, awesome game. Did I say it was awesome?

I do feel that they need to add at least another hour, make it harder or drop it down to $7 for the next installment though.

See, I don't know why anyone should waste time convincing the stubborn to use SD cards to solve a storage problem when they're clearly protesting. Except it's a protest about absolutely petty inconvenience.

If this is all that stops them from owning a good game, they didn't want the game in the first place and are just using this topic to wave the banner of their cause. AGAIN. Like we didn't hear them in every single WiiWare thread since the beginning of creation.

QFT

ArtG

Stuck again. (God help me I suck)

What the hell do you have to do to Magmok? He has his hand out with the blue gob...Tried the rocks and the fire...as well as the fire and the rock. I'm clueless. :lol

ArtG said:
Stuck again. (God help me I suck)

What the hell do you have to do to Magmok? He has his hand out with the blue gob...Tried the rocks and the fire...as well as the fire and the rock. I'm clueless. :lol

To remove the globs on his hands you need to use the fire and then stand over it and pull on it while doing an upward gust.

Lakupo

DjangoReinhardt said:
That Kotaku video has de-sold me on this game. It just doesn't look that interesting.
The Kotaku video doesn't even really show the game, it just putzes around in the village between "levels".

DON'T BELIEVE KOTAKU'S LIES! LOSTWINDS LIVES!

Link Man

Banned
DjangoReinhardt said:
That Kotaku video has de-sold me on this game. It just doesn't look that interesting.
Wait, is that Mike Fahey's video where he's extremely sleepy while playing the game?

If so, I wouldn't base my impressions upon that.

CrisKre

im in love with lw. brilliantly designed, gorgeous, inviting. it really picked up on the first “dungeon” and kept delivering.BUY THIS. sequel please!

ArtG

Schwowsers said:
To remove the globs on his hands you need to use the fire and then stand over it and pull on it while doing an upward gust.

Thanks bud.
Just finished her up. Neat little game. The controls were a bit hard to get used to early on, but as you progress become extremely fluid and natural. Some really, really neat puzzles included as well. $10 well spent.

Nekobo

Blarg, downloading the Nintendo channel ate most of the space I need for this game.

Guess I have to move Sin & Punishment onto my SD card. :/

Alex said:
Erase useless shit like the internet channel, do you guys REALLY use the internet channel? Really?

I absolutely do. It's also useful in conjunction with the Nintendo Channel to purchase games online, though I still do all of that through my computer. Still, the best thing about it is watching full screen youtube videos. There are entire episodes of MST3K to be watched.

Edit: Also, this is the most fun I've had with a game all year with the possible exception of Rock Band, and that's after playing Brawl, GTA IV, and No More Heroes.

Nicktals

Banned
Has anyone collected all 24 of those money bags or whatever they are? I've got 22, and don't feel like searching unless it actually does somethin mildly cool.

Terrell said:

Yeah well, I bought it. SO THERE. But now I have to juggle all of my VC purchases.

MercuryLS

Banned
Stalfos said:
It actually takes more time than you would think to copy over to an SD card, but yeah its really not that big of a deal unless you want instant access to all your games all the time. For me personally I don't have a problem moving some games over to an SD card because I know I won't play them again for a while, and when I do want to play them again its easier than downloading them again to move it back from the SD card.

Still Nintendo should allow us to play stuff off of the SD card.

You can't play games off the SD card? Now that's retarded.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Terrell said:

So does Nintendo pay you well or do you really like inconvience this much?

Akai

Nicktals said:
Has anyone collected all 24 of those money bags or whatever they are? I've got 22, and don't feel like searching unless it actually does somethin mildly cool.

The development team appears on your doorstep and they sing a song of congratulations to you...Talk about dedication!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Scrubking said:
Just finished it. Awesome, awesome game. Did I say it was awesome?
FQMFT.

i can't remember getting better value for 10 bucks of entertainment in my memorable past. the game is artistically, technically and mechanically a jewel. where do i line up for a sequel?

Aeana

I just finished the game, myself, and I'm really having a difficult time keeping myself from gushing too much. It really was a fantastic game, and I didn't even feel like it was too short or anything. The only complaint I have is that I really could've used a map, as I had a tough time finding one of the chests. I made the comparison to Knytt after only playing for a few minutes, but after completing it, I feel it was very apt. Knytt x Metroid x Canvas Curse is probably a good way to describe it.

This is probably the best new game I've played this year. I can't wait for the sequel.

Ranger X

OMG. I just gave in and i'm SO not disappointed. It's beautifull, nice ambiance, the gameplay and level design is nice.

This game is better than a LARGE percentage of games on the Wii shelves. 10 bucks INVESTED.

ArtG

Ranger X said:
This game is better than a LARGE percentage of games on the Wii shelves. 10 bucks INVESTED.

Considering the mound of shit for the Wii, this isn't saying much. Either way--yeah. The game is pretty dang awesome.

Can anyone tell me how to delete the Forecast, News and Internet Channels?

i have tested the wii transfer speed.
It takes less than 50 seconds to copy sin&punishment (291 blocks) back from the SD Card to the Wii internal memory. So it really is not that bad.
Copyng the game from the Wii to the SD card takes ages, but you are going to do that once.

fernoca

Got this earlier this morning..
Big props to Frontier, for making such a quality game with such a short budget and memory limitations...

Keep the great work :)

Top Bottom