• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the tale of returnin a used game at EB

renvi

Banned
I bought a used game six days ago at my local EB, and I decided to return it today becaus i dont like it.
so I went to the EB store in the mall where I am working at.
here's how it went.
the retard asked me what is the reason for returning the game, I said I dont like it. then he told me that I can't return the game because I don't like it. He told me that It is the company policy that not to process a return on a used game if the reason is not liking it. then I questioned him when did this policy start, he said it started long time ago since he started working there six month ago. I know he was complete bullshitting me because I shop at EB/GS often and I know no matter what the reason is, you can always return the used game with in 7 days, if you have the receit. I was pissed, not only because that retard was complete bushitting me but also he was wasting my time. I had to go back to work. so I gave him two choices, he can either give me his name or give me the refund. He was scared shitless, he was like, I need to call my boss to confirm, he could not even talk straight when he was calling his boss. after the call, he gave me the refund.

Slacker

I got FF happy and picked up the GBA versions of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Final Fantasy IV used at the local Gamestop. I came to my senses a few days later and realized I really needed the gaming moneys for some new stuff on the horizon.

When I went to return both games two days later the clerk assumed I was working the system. He asked, "Did you finish them?"

Yes, you sockhumper, I finished 100 hours of games over the course of two work days.

Sure is getting hard to find a Gamestop around here that isn't infested with nooby nooblets these days.

Oneself

You work in the same mall and you've kept the game for a week even if you didn't like it!? :lol WTF dude.. I wouldn't refund you anything, I'd give you the shitty trade value.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
dredgecare0cfdp4.jpg

1161382100-Wtfdoocat_b.jpg

dancingwk6.gif

crotchwq1.gif

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Uhh...unless EB/GS changed their policy again, you're an idiot and completely wrong. You can only exchange games and not return them.

That's What She Said said:
I got FF happy and picked up the GBA versions of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Final Fantasy IV used at the local Gamestop. I came to my senses a few days later and realized I really needed the gaming moneys for some new stuff on the horizon.

When I went to return both games two days later the clerk assumed I was working the system. He asked, "Did you finish them?"

Yes, you sockhumper, I finished 100 hours of games over the course of two work days.

Sure is getting hard to find a Gamestop around here that isn't infested with nooby nooblets these days.

I never played FFTA...it's 80 hours long?

Sho Nuff said:
Yo this is bob from Gamestop, im callin u out dude, the flagpole, after school
DAYUM! Sounds like a tough fight, (Dude you know this guy DID scare a EB employee... That's ****ing tough as getting a nail up your wang hole)

Oh phew, a journal thread. Good thing this is here, I was just about to dedicate a whole bloody thread to my very own journal entry! I was in EB today, I looked at some games. Almost bought Mario's Gas Factory on PS2 pre-owned, but I didn't. I put it down, you know, because I can't think when holding DVD cases. Too much stress you see. What if I were to drop the case because my brain was focused on the decision of buying it or not? That'd be quite an ugly situation. Everyone would laugh. But I'd be all like "hey, you guys" then they'd be all "what" and I'd kick their arses with flying jump uppercut kicks and fireballs from my eyes and shit. Because you don't want to mess with me in EB.

Later in the DS section, I saw some dumb kid looking at the back of the Nintendogs goldfish edition, I told him to back the hell up because he was blocking access to the copies of Barbie's Super Disco Brain Training. He ignored me, so I ripped his spine out of his mouth and used it as a whip to hit the EB guy behind the counter "YEAH BITCH THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ENTER YOUR STORE, BETTER RESPECT AND WHOA HOOOOLY MOOOOLY"

Bet he learnt his lesson.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
AlphaSnake said:
Uhh...unless EB/GS changed their policy again, you're an idiot and completely wrong. You can only exchange games and not return them.

Bingo. The no return policy has been effect for a long ass time. I worked for EB back in college about 2 years ago, and we had the no return policy in effect.

You, sir, are the retard. Not him.

Tieno

TheTrin said:
Bingo. The no return policy has been effect for a long ass time. I worked for EB back in college about 2 years ago, and we had the no return policy in effect.

You, sir, are the retard. Not him.
The retard got his way, didn't he? He rose up to the system and beat it. He's hero and a role model!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Tieno said:
The retard got his way, didn't he? He rose up to the system and beat it. He's hero and a role model!

Is that my cue to sob for humanity?

Q: What have we learned today kids?

A: Retards who flail their arms and do everything short of vomiting on the offending party always get their way.

Moral of the Story: You too can be a retard, and live a lucrative and fulfilling life remiss of compromise!

Sho Nuff

Banned
renvi said:
:lol
you can be tough all you want on the net, but in real life, you are shit

:lol right back at u. I just got my orange belt in Tae Kwon Do and I totally CLEANED UP at the tri-county championship this year. a gamestop employee might be some little shrimp but i bet u would run the second i let out one of my kiyaps.

Owzers

You might have well flashed a gun on him, sad really. Thuggery ftw. Gamestop's used games are not a rental service.

I was a GameStop manager for the last 5 years. Yes, you can return a USED game within 7 days with a receipt for any reason...including "I didn't like it", "It was too easy", etc. This return policy has been in effect since I started there in 2001. Back then you could also return NEW games opened to EB, but that policy was taken away due to abuse and lawsuits.

If you need any further proof, simply look at the bottom of your receipt. And I quote, "Opened accessories & all used items can be returned/exchanged w/in 7 days". There you go.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
renvi said:
I bought a used game six days ago at my local EB, and I decided to return it today becaus i dont like it.

See, that's why you should read video game reviews on Web sites. Let them tell you what to like, so you don't have to waste your money in the first place.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Here guys, I fixed the spelling and grammatical errors and brightened it up a bit for you!

Lord Renvi XIX said:
I purchased a previously-used electronic television game a scant six days previous, and made the decision to return the title to the Electronics Boutique as it did not sit well in my parlor.

So I went off to the boutique, which so happens to lie within the same majestic shopping arcade in which I too have employment.

And here, my friends, is what transpired that faithful day:

The gentlemen attending to the boutique asked of me what business I had returning purchased merchandise. I said to him "Sir! I dare say that I am not fond of this television game. It does not suit me." The gentleman had the gall to tell me this was not a valid reason for a refund! "My company does accept returns from gentlemen who are not fond of electronic games, good sir. Do you not know of our great policies?! They have been established for well over one hundred and eighty days!" I knew this rogue, this cur of a man was indeed feeding me lies from a foul beast's opening. Why, I knew myself that one can at any time receive back the coin he has laid down if he does not find the merchandise to be of full satisfaction within seven days' time, so long as one has kept the parchment of record!

I was taken aback! Not only was the gentleman in question attempting to feed me great lies, but the cur was taking up my precious minutes. I had things to do, you know. I had return to my place of employment and receive my wages.

I gave the rogue two choices! "Give me your name, foul merchant, or refund my coin at once!" The gentleman was close to dirtying his trousers. "A thousand pardons sir, I beg of you! I must first telephone my employer to know if I can indeed return to you the fare you seek!" The gentleman could not even speak straightly, and why not? I had given him a great fright from my very presence in the shop! After the telephone conversation, the gentleman did in fact return to me the price I had paid. It was yet another victory won by my own hand.

Lobster

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
:lol right back at u. I just got my orange belt in Tae Kwon Do and I totally CLEANED UP at the tri-county championship this year. a gamestop employee might be some little shrimp but i bet u would run the second i let out one of my kiyaps.

More like Owange! Amirite?

Im such a loser :(

renvi

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
:lol :lol :lol
orange belt...

renvi

Banned
Craig Majaski said:
I was a GameStop manager for the last 5 years. Yes, you can return a USED game within 7 days with a receipt for any reason...including "I didn't like it", "It was too easy", etc. This return policy has been in effect since I started there in 2001. Back then you could also return NEW games opened to EB, but that policy was taken away due to abuse and lawsuits.

If you need any further proof, simply look at the bottom of your receipt. And I quote, "Opened accessories & all used items can be returned/exchanged w/in 7 days". There you go.
Thank you.

Oneself

Well, after reading Lyte Edge's version, I must agree with you Renvi. You're right and NeoGAF is totally the new My Space.

Craig Majaski said:

Indeed this is correct.

Top Bottom