• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
M°°nblade;110686564 said:
A new 'souls' game every 2.5 years sounds perfect imo:

DeS: feb 2009
DaS1: september 2011
DaS2: march 2014
BeS: september 2016?

The fact that they are stand-alone stories also means that players don't need to catch up with the series chronologically.

Beast will be out by 2015.

King_bombo2215

Neo Member
Shotgun could be a lot of fun using dark souls stamina and draw mechanics ie have to hold down Rt/lt to line up a shot. Could be interesting take.

The only thing that concerns me is how limiting guns can be in terms of diversity of combat mechanics

Respawn

Banned
Whoa, haven't seen that many views for a single thread about a rumor (a strong one) in so long.
Well the mods have to put that on the thread following the rules of the site and all[has not been officially announced] but Demonite has been confirming it through hints and Bruceleeroy posted in this very thread about his annoyance that it got leaked. This is for real so you better hop on the train

M°°nblade;110687515 said:
Was this information leaked as well?!
Nope, but as people already said, it's probably been in development for some time already (at least after Miyazaki and co. finished Dark Souls 1), and it's been teased since last year (if I get it correctly, DemonNite thought Sony would show trailer during last year's TGC.. or E3?), so it kinda makes sense that they will release it (well) before 2016. I doubt they would show it at this year's E3, and then make us wait for 2016.

Simbah

Neo Member
I can't imagine why From Software would team-up with Sony again. I would tell them to piss off for not believing on them the first time. If it turns out that the top dogs of FS have been working with an exclusive the whole time I'll be pissed. Big time.

It would also make me even more dissapointed about Dark Souls 2. Eventhough DS2 nailed the core gameplay it was bland, unimaginetive and repetitive to a fault. Not even near worth all the praise. If it turns out that From Software was focusing most of it's resources on an exclusive, DS2 is nothing more than a cash grab.

If From Software pulls something as stupid as this I'm completely done with them. I'm not going to buy a PS4 because of them. If they do this I'm going to boycott every single one of their products. I won't support them even if I happened to buy a PS4 at some point.

Portugeezer

2015 would be disappointing but most probable, although they need some E3 announcements for 2014!

Or is anything coming 2014? Order 1886?

Rhained

Banned
I can't imagine why From Software would team-up with Sony again. I would tell them to piss off for not believing on them the first time. If it turns out that the top dogs of FS have been working with an exclusive the whole time I'll be pissed. Big time.

It would also make me even more dissapointed about Dark Souls 2. Eventhough DS2 nailed the core gameplay it was bland, unimaginetive and repetitive to a fault. Not even near worth all the praise. If it turns out that From Software was focusing most of it's resources on an exclusive, DS2 is nothing more than a cash grab.

If From Software pulls something as stupid as this I'm completely done with them. I'm not going to buy a PS4 because of them. If they do this I'm going to boycott every single one of their products. I won't support them even if I happened to buy a PS4 at some point.

Boohoo, your loss xD

Dark souls 2 was a great game.

Maybe the "shotgun" could be implemented in the melee combos. Slash, Slash, shotgun shot, to finish the combo. Or the weapon as finisher when enemy has only 5% health left , then you can use it.

I don't know but i don't think it will be a faced paced "shooter".

If this whole thing is real in the first place.
The souls series has always revolved around having an arsenal of weapons for melee combat and an arsenal of spells for long range combat and buffs.

So I don't think that the shotgun will be the only fire weapon available. I think there's going to be an arsenal of fire weapons that replaces the magic spells.
Or maybe something in the vein of Arcanum? Technology versus magic builds?

2015 would be disappointing but most probable, although they need some E3 announcements for 2014!

Or is anything coming 2014? Order 1886?
Driveclu... sorry, #DRIVECLUB :p

But, now that you mention it, they really don't have anything (big, first-party AAA) announced for this year besides Driveclub. Hmm. Would be great if Beast came out this year, but somehow I doubt that will be the case.

Edit: I guess they could announce that Order is coming out this year, but it looks kinda meh from the gameplay perspective (they haven't showed much of it, so it could be something more than another TPS set in fancy new Victorian-era world), so I'd like something more interesting from them before 2015.

sublimit

Banned
I am just wondering if gamers are not burning out on DS-like games. I played DS1 a bit but can't be really bothered with any of the "clones" (upcoming or existing). The genre is just a bit limited compared to other genres IMHO. Can't really get excited about this.

There are "clones" of Souls games?
And what do you mean when you say the "genre is limited"?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, you sound very upset and personally affected by this... It's really not your problem. You should just support the games and companies you like and not make such a song and dance about it. You would tell Sony to piss off huh? And you're gonna be pissed you say? You sound just like the kind of mature gamer From has been targeting with their products for years. Keep flying that flag man, it'll get you places us poor saps can't even begin to imagine.

Goodness grief, I am glad posts like this are in the minority. Shouldn't bring attention to potential trouble-makers, but it just amazes me how angry people can get at this hobby. Hate to come off as a dick, but junior, get some perspective.

So the age of From Software is done, I guess. (also: lol at your reaction)

I am just wondering if gamers are not burning out on DS-like games. I played DS1 a bit but can't be really bothered with any of the "clones" (upcoming or existing). The genre is just a bit limited compared to other genres IMHO. Can't really get excited about this.

Dark Souls clones? Can you name some for me?

And as for people being tired of the 'genre' (whatever the fuck that is) why do you think this thread is so huge, because people are sick of Souls? I guess the games aren't for you. A bit like Playstation really.

le.phat

sticker,375x360.u1.png

Parmenide

Is this some sort of copypasta?

gruenel

Didn't expect a meltdown of such epic proportions in this thread, thanks!

Jack cw

Souls series has to go next gen and that costs money. FROM is doing that step together with Sony and will use this new tech for a new "Dark Souls". Sony helped them get Demons Souls to a real game, regardless of their faith in that game afterwards, the collaboration was successfull and they did it again this time. No need to be a baby about this.

From Software just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Dark Souls for either system, nor will they purchase any of From Software's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but From has alienated an entire market with this move.

From, publicly apologize and cancel Beast Souls for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

shink

Bravo. Would read again

Donos

image.php

Edit: Beaten?

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Dark Souls for either system, nor will they purchase any of From Software's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but From has alienated an entire market with this move.

From, publicly apologize and cancel Beast Souls for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Oh, how much I love this!

SgtCobra

Copypasta imminent.

sublimit

Banned

Classic!
I really hope the other post was from a meme too (that i didn't recognized) and not a serious one.

PirateKing

Well the mods have to put that on the thread following the rules of the site and all[has not been officially announced] but Demonite has been confirming it through hints and Bruceleeroy posted in this very thread about his annoyance that it got leaked. This is for real so you better hop on the train

Who do I ask to get on the hype train? Someone get me on that train.

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Haha, was only a matter of time. Thank you, good sir.

Caderfix

10/10

Too bad a lot of people won't get the reference lol

Sorry to sound like a newbie here but why 1 million views here? Does the game have some history with Sony gamers?

I think it might be something to do with it being exclusive, and ppl are interested because it could tilt the balance in the console war (even more so than it already is seeing as Titanfall failed to live up to sales expectations or move systems). Also that Dark Souls 2 was a big seller and critically acclaimed might help.

Donos

I bet there is a gaffer who is collecting all the versions. Some day there will be an anniversary thread with all off them.

Same with Amirox's post.

Thrakier

Well, the thing is, there is only one game like souls and that is souls. It has something special to it and the game itself as tons of room for improvement. Especially tech wise. The animations are pretty horrible, lighing could be much better as well as textures, both would further enhance the atmosphere. And then give console souls gamers stable 60FPS and the gamplay difference would be night and day as well. It would feel like a true upgrade, I'm sure.

But regarding a Demons Souls/ Dark Souls 3, always in mind that the above mentioned points were fullfilled, I am with you. In fact I think that the DS2 backlash party is because of Souls burnout. It's just the first signs. Dark Souls 3 would probably do worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom