• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

2/2 wins yesterday
and 2/2 wins today... thank you m&ms

now... which Ys do I buy if I've never played them (though I remember wanting to play them in my youth but I didn't have a turbografx [were they on turbografx?])

I know the wise say that 3 is the best for newcomers since it introduces new mechanics, but I also kind of want 1 and 2 because I am kind of anal when it comes to wanting to play a series from the beginning...

decisions decisions

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that image only really works for Ys Origin and Oath, I wish people said this more clearly

People buying Ys I & II expecting that will be fucking disapointed

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can see people abusing of removal of games and items. But its still mind boggling that if you buy a really bad game. You're stuck with it. At least give us an option to hide it in a folder somewhere where the sun dont shine.

It's amusing in a way as (at least) part of the reason Valve killed the concept of a Steam Master sub is that publishers were beginning to dump their back catalogues on to Steam -- now Valve employees can just "buy" what they want at no cost and presumably add any pulled content to their accounts manually.

maneil99

If you want to see how dumb some steam memebers are look at the breakout case price, dropped from 4.50 - 2.05 in 12 hours because of morons undercutting

JaseC

Huh I never knew you could request game removals :/

It's best to quote the section of the SSA that mentions this when doing so as a few people in the past were erroneously told that it's not possible. Specifically:

B. Termination by You

You may cancel your Account at any time. You may cease use of a Subscription at any time or, if you choose, you may request that we terminate your access to a Subscription. However, Subscriptions are not transferable, and even if your access to a Subscription for a particular game or application is terminated, the original activation key will not be able to be registered to any other account, even if the Subscription was obtained in a retail store. Access to Subscriptions purchased as a part of a pack or bundle cannot be terminated individually, termination of access to one game within the bundle will result in termination of access to all games purchased in the pack. Your cancellation of an Account, or your cessation of use of any Subscription or request that access to a Subscription be terminated, will not entitle you to any refund, including of any Subscription fees. Valve reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred prior to the cancellation of your Account or termination of your access to a particular Subscription. In addition, you are responsible for any charges incurred to third-party vendors or content providers before your cancellation.

At this point I presume all support staffers are aware it's official policy, but better safe than sorry.

zkylon

zkylewd
nickname system working as intended

iby2J0SeoZ2M6j.png

Toki767

I don't know you've seen it or not, but last update was that they are doing QA already, so we can expect the first games soonish, the second.... only Odin knows when.

that's false... if even we can assume that SC won't be released this year most likely, or in winter earliest. The FC definitely is coming this year.

FC was supposed to be out last year already so I'm really not holding my breath at a 2014 release at this rate. Although according to their forums, we should be hearing a definitive release date in the coming weeks.

$10 for shipping? What a ripoff.

Chariot

Nice tag, JaseC, you earned it!

I don't know what I expected.

part 2 - part 3 - part 4a - part 4b
096885CB3CC0B24DF4D29A28E3DA3AC42AC5A5A3

7456FF91BB366EE589027CAFC195FDCAE2F32F64

So, we're following a rising Judostar, who is also smart, knows a lot about popculture and has already a girl on his pants. Oh, goody.

A97BD85495BC8AE5DC34527FFBA9091EF1398C6A

Hello, generic tsundere childhoodfriend.

5C8C0FA50C23F5C682CEA210FA4E1D7885440EE5

Hello, generic pervert best friend. You won't be missed.

The sister of your creepy friend Ichikawa found a shrine in the forest and Takahiro is interested. There he meets a "mysterious voice" who tells him that this is a shrine that blesses heroes and mistakes him for a warrior because he is talking about his judo.

9BA8F2ED0B8731B8C2245B5EBC112474F76C624D

This outfit almost screams "mysterious!!". Thanks for making mysterious voice even more mysterious, game. Takahiro gets knocked out and as he awakes he see the following.

7180C0E3212A90FCC951FEA78A049F66448BAA92

Yeah, that happened.
The kitsune toss the panties to him and escape while the two guards mistake you - of course - for a ally of them and imprison you.

3E380CFB012D555E7FAD09F79690E27EC49E5270

j2TDt7bwDJlgd.png

But as the guards go take a bath, the Kitsune reappear and free you from the prison (and also stealing the undergarments of the guards yet again). But as the three of them flees the silverhaired Kitsune falls down into a river. But that shouldn't be a problem for magical beings that can melt you out of a iron cell and live in the forest, right?

388D42A3A384F36A680622598DE796078DED4CD7

Of course they can't. How did these Kitsune survive so long?

I want to keep it as SFW as possible, so I just posting the dialog.
[After attempting CPR]
Takahiro: I'm not sure I want to find out the flavor of a wet fox.
Machiko: Oh, I assure you, I taste a lot better when I'm wet.

After this the foxes take Takahiro in their home, sleeping naked with him because of reasons (mind you, they don't have sex, one just sleeps naked beside him). And they decide to just take him in their household.

[After falling from a tree right on the lab of the protagonist]
Maeko: You saved me! And you gave me a soft, well... kinda soft and kinda hard landing!

1595377E433B6D401357C5E494858AFF0DAD9DB6

Of course.

Apparently the foxes needed the underwear of the guards, because it's silk and they need that to perform a certain magic spell.

D3EA0DE1C94005A13143CA5528B997107D22334D

And here ends my session for know, I think my brain melted a bit. I can only handle so much of girls delcaring how cool, calming and caring Takahiro is and how they want to marry him. We get it it, he is super cool and you want to be his uke! Also the fanservice scenes are all so cheap, it makes me sick.
part 2 - part 3 - part 4a - part 4b

ViviOggi

i sort of wish the real time part was a bit slower so i get a bit of breathing room in between the turn() thingie
You have to fiddle around a bit to make recovery viable, mainly combining Jaunt() with a function to make it usable during recovery. Many GAFfers just idled around in Cloak() at release but that's lame, I know Grief didn't use Turn() in his second playthrough at all.

dam girl you don't poke the dead

cheap shot

I rip a pepperoni in his honor every day

Tellaerin

I can see people abusing of removal of games and items. But its still mind boggling that if you buy a really bad game. You're stuck with it. At least give us an option to hide it in a folder somewhere where the sun dont shine.

I don't really see how that's a big deal, myself. Okay, so there are some bad games in your library. So you ignore 'em. *shrug* I mean, if they're taking up too much space in your list, you can always create a "bad games" category and shove unwanted stuff into it to reduce clutter, but I never did understand people having public meltdowns because they bought something they didn't like (a certain memorable incident here comes to mind >.> )

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know what I expected.
dam that's so blatant i'm interested

You have to fiddle around a bit to make recovery viable, mainly combining Jaunt with a function to make it usable during recovery. Many GAFfers just idled around in Cloak() at release but that's lame, I know Grief didn't use Turn() in his second playthrough at all.
i don't really understand why this game isn't just real time

turn thing isn't too much fun at least for the moment and it's a lot more cumbersome than i wish it was while playing in real time mode just feels too fast so it's hard to track what's going on

i also don't get if you can die or not, i've been in like "emergency turn" a couple times and have lost powers but i don't really get it

I rip a pepperoni in his honor every day
yea i bet he's having fun hanging out with haly and whatshisname in zomba heaven

So I discovered the other week that I have The Bard's Tale in my account.

*I have not bought it.
*I do not remember buying a humble bundle that included it.
*My account information doesn't show any sign of me redeeming it any way.
*It's not F2P, and even if it was, I have not played it.

JaseC

Nice tag, JaseC, you earned it!

Che-ears.

So I discovered the other week that I have The Bard's Tale in my account.

*I have not bought it.
*I do not remember buying a humble bundle that included it.
*My account information doesn't show any sign of me redeeming it any way.
*It's not F2P, and even if it was, I have not played it.

If you own Wasteland 2, you also own The Bard's Tale.

MadGear

Leftover-time ...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MadGear, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-0E0BB19A03FD0116 - Taken by Zeliard. 3 entrants total.

t1404983789z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seahorse Romulan has a gigantic forehead in that picture Koalajuggler, not very flatering

ViviOggi

i don't really understand why this game isn't just real time

turn thing isn't too much fun at least for the moment and it's a lot more cumbersome than i wish it was while playing in real time mode just feels too fast so it's hard to track what's going on

i also don't get if you can die or not, i've been in like "emergency turn" a couple times and have lost powers but i don't really get it
You can pull of some neat stuff in turn() once you start combining multiple functions, but in the beginning you don't have too many options, yeah.

Emergency turn is activated when you take fatal damage while having a full turn() bar iirc, and every time you die for real you lose your most expensive function and respawn at the previous checkpoint (most of the time right before the encounter). It gets restored after visiting two new access points.

yea i bet he's having fun hanging out with haly and whatshisname in zomba heaven

Haly's back and already wrecking fools in the Hearthstone thread though

JaseC

Yeah screw it. I'm gonna break by vow of not joining raffles for bundle fodder for Mafia 2. I remember enjoying it on 360 and I wanna play it on PC.

If you have a 670 or greater you could probably get away with enabling PhysX effects. They were rather expensive back in 2010, but more modern higher-end GPUs may have enough grunt to handle them on their own.

well she looks like a koala, so I understand why you would like it, I guess?

koala.jpg

image.php

same forehead

normal_003.jpg

saunderez

well she looks like a koala, so I understand why you would like it, I guess?

As someone who has "nursed" a koala, that's some truly scary shit right there....them nails....

If you have a 670 or greater you could probably get away with enabling PhysX effects. They were rather expensive back in 2010, but more modern higher-end GPUs may have enough grunt to handle them on their own.

I got a R9 290...there'll be no PhysX here on decree of Nvidia.

Arthea

Well, XSEED is bound to either finally frickin' release TitS or drop the game. Then they can bring Ys 6 to Steam.

give them some credit, they haven't dropped it even when it seemed not to be working as expected at all. We are getting FC this summer, we are.
believe
!

Whats the last status on TitS? Last I heard, it had technical difficulties
FC is close to release, SC - not.

God damn it, the one time of the summer I can recover from sale season and the big bad Ys rears its head on me. At least the prices are filthy cheap for such quality.

Also, guys, Adol's ripped. I've seen the official Ys Seven art and am stoked to play the high-fantasy brother of Gene Starwind. We should proslytiYs the wonders of Japanese PC gaming whenever possible, especially since it'll get us remakes of the Xak games some day.

Che-ears.

If you own Wasteland 2, you also own The Bard's Tale.

Ah, I do. That explains it. Thanks.

I really don't want it, but I guess it might be tied to the Wasteland 2 sub, and I guess it's futile to fight against the unwanted subs in ones library.

My trash category contains:
*Unwanted extra gifts like that.
*Redudant copies of games like Company of Heroes
*Beta entries I have not used or want.
*Five entries of Sam&Max episodes that was from a code I thought would only give me TF2 items, and cannot be removed now that I have the TF2 items (that the combined trade value of the items is something like 100€ now :p ).
*Dublicates from games that messed up the Steamplay functionality.
*F2P games played in accounts I family share with.
*And so on.

They really need to fix a hide functionality for crap like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom