• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Haha, thanks. It's a little problem I have though, having to 100% almost all games. Not that I'm obsessed with achievements since I'm doing it since I owned a SNES.

I try to keep the avg. game completion around 60% but playfire rewards have created another problem making me start more games than what I can finish xD. But free money is free money.

I have several games missing 1 or 2 achievement to be completed. In time I'll my grandsons will finish them.

how do you even manage that :O
my game completion rate is just shameful maty, UTTERLY SHAMEFUL

i may really need sleep. it's 4.30 and i'm like @_@

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Metal Geat Rising at USD7.5 at Nuuvem. Region locked to the Americas.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/16...&utm_campaign=promo-metalgearrising-08-14etal Gear Rising at 7.5USD at Nuuvem.

Ignore Nuuvem's region-lock notice. People in the following countries will need to use a VPN to activate the game:

BT Bhutan
BN Brunei Darussalam
KH Cambodia
CN China
HK Hong Kong
ID Indonesia
JP Japan
KR Korea, Republic of
LA Lao People's Democratic Republic
MO Macau
MY Malaysia
MV Maldives
MN Mongolia
NP Nepal
PH Philippines
SG Singapore
LK Sri Lanka
TW Taiwan
TH Thailand
VN Vietnam

But it'll activate just fine without any trickery everywhere else.

Articalys

Ignore Nuuvem's region-lock notice. People in the following countries will need to use a VPN to activate the game:

Curious question: what was the initial cause/reason that led you to becoming an expert how Steam region-locking works?

yup, got MGR for ~$7 thanks to brazil. I finished the game but never played the DLC and im thrilled to play it at a steadier framerate (ps3 version was a bit spotty with the framerate) and at 1080p!

Hugstable

Banned
yup, got MGR for ~$7 thanks to brazil. I finished the game but never played the DLC and im thrilled to play it at a steadier framerate (ps3 version was a bit spotty with the framerate) and at 1080p!

Yeah the 1080p and especially the stable 60fps make the game look and feel amazing. I loved what I've seen of the PC version when I played it and pretty excited to do a replay of the game someday.

Do you not know something about steam?

Thanks!

Also congrats on the tag. Was on vacations and only noticed now.

Yakkue

Thanks for reading! I beat it in something like 8 gameplay hours. For the dialogue, it was more the presentation that made it hard to follow. The swapping back and forth on character portraits that never changed expression. That and the use of a lot of proper nouns (kingdoms, positions, people) that at first sound exotic and all the same. It's something where having some voice acting or visual cues would have helped with I think. I hope stating it that way doesn't make me come across as incapable of following a plot, but I just found it requiring slightly more effort than it really needed to require. Here's an early game cutscene that kind of shows a plethora of places and names being rattled off in a manner that I think is just a little messy.

I totally get what you mean after watching that, that's bound to get confusing quickly. Such a shame, voice acting would have really helped. I hope their budget is big enough for it in the second game.

Shadownet

Banned

Man they do not like asian countries.
-------------------------------------------------

So since Witcher 3 isn't locked (yet) now might be a good time to buy them if you been planning on to.

Speevy

Banned
Another one

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance -- MB-743141A26F5D3D14 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 83 entrants total.

t1407541312z1.png

maty

how do you even manage that :O
my game completion rate is just shameful maty, UTTERLY SHAMEFUL

i may really need sleep. it's 4.30 and i'm like @_@

Never leaving your house, playing all day :p

Actually I just play 1 or 2 games at a time and try to keep it that way until I do everything there is to be done in it, unless it's humanly impossible then I just quit but I do try (see Super Meat Boy which I couldn't do or Retro/Grade which I did).

Besides it's not like have a lot of time to play so I choose not to start too many games or I'll forget what I was doing or how the controls feel when going back and forth

Wow, that Red Faction Collection deal is sure making the rounds, first it was on Steam, then it went to Bundle Stars, now it's on the Humble Store.

JaseC

Game Informer has put up a new 10-minute video that explores the design changes incorporated into AssCreed Unity. If everything comes together as well as Ubi claims then it could very well dethrone the original as my favourite of the bunch:

Love the refocus on player-driven assassinations. This is an element the series strayed away from after the investigative component of the original was gutted entirely and I've been wishing for a return since 2.

Shovel Knight devs did another post about Steam stats for the game, interesting to see how much info they can get through it.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/08/stats-update-one-month-later/

More stuff in the link.

I know this is just one point of data, but the Russian Territories + Eastern Europe portion of that chart is about the same as Valve's one for Steam's overall sales revenue throughout 2013.

Thanks a lot for your detailed impressions! They're not only okay to post here but very welcome :)
You mentioned it was suprisingly short - how long did it take you to beat it?
Would you say the dialogues aren't written very well or did you just not like how they were presented?

Didn't see if anyone responded to your question but The Banner Saga should take most people around 10 hours to beat, I clocked in around 13 when I beat it.

As for me my biggest gripe with the dialogue wasn't necessarily the dialogue itself but how some of the choices were presented and the consequences of those choices. Often times you'll have party members leave or die unexpectedly because of a choice with an unclear outcome. It can really effect you long term as well if you lose someone that you leveled and spent renown on, it can especially hurt you as renown is a limited resource and it's the primary currency to level your party as well as shop for items.

Often times later in the game you will have to make a choice spending renown on either lvling a character and boosting his stats, or spending it on items or resources. Most of time you're not going to have enough renown for everything and have to make a choice between one or the other.

Prepare yourself for Jetstream Sam's challenge missions. They are merciless, unforgiving, and an utter blast.

JaseC

Nuuvem have a region-free Metal Gear Rising Steam key i TAKE It?

No, same deal as before:

BT Bhutan
BN Brunei Darussalam
KH Cambodia
CN China
HK Hong Kong
ID Indonesia
JP Japan
KR Korea, Republic of
LA Lao People's Democratic Republic
MO Macau
MY Malaysia
MV Maldives
MN Mongolia
NP Nepal
PH Philippines
SG Singapore
LK Sri Lanka
TW Taiwan
TH Thailand
VN Vietnam

MUnited83

For you.
I'd really like for AC combat to be a bit like the first one again. In the first counter attacks didn't kill the enemy at the first try, unless you used the hidden blade counter attack which required precise timing. Now it's just "counter attack then press square to insta kill the next guy"(ignoring different enemy classes)

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish someone released the movies on steam

what happened to that game

who's got the rights

i thought it was pretty ambitious

JaseC

who's got the rights

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that it was released on Steam! The bad news is that it hasn't been available for years.

Edit: I'd guess that the ball's in Lionhead/Microsoft's court now, but I haven't looked into it.

Knurek

I know this is just one point of data, but the Russian Territories + Eastern Europe portion of that chart is about the same as Valve's one for Steam's overall sales revenue throughout 2013.

It's nice of Steam to actually treat Poland as Western Europe.
(Pity about the pricing though, we don't make as much as Germans or Frenchies :\ )

who's got the rights

It was on Steam. It was taken down before I found out it was on the service.

I don't know whether Activision or Lionhead owns it, but either way, it ensures that there will never be a sequel.

Volimar

Wow, so Mafia 2 comes to a screeching halt. I hate games that do that. Of course these days I just assume the rest of the story is intended to be paid DLC.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Game Informer has put up a new 10-minute video that explores the design changes incorporated into AssCreed Unity. If everything comes together as well as Ubi claims then it could very well dethrone the original as my favourite of the bunch:

Damn straight, the original is sorely underappreciated IMO. Plus Altair > pretty boy Ezio anyday.

Kiru

Wow, so Mafia 2 comes to a screeching halt. I hate games that do that. Of course these days I just assume the rest of the story is intended to be paid DLC.

DLC for Mafia 2 is trash. Don't bother. Mostly just random missions with very few cutscenes. Like Free Roam mode in Mafia 1, just less fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that it was released on Steam! The bad news is that it hasn't been available for years.

Edit: I'd guess that the ball's in Lionhead/Microsoft's court now, but I haven't looked into it.
It was on Steam. It was taken down before I found out it was on the service.

I don't know whether Activision or Lionhead owns it, but either way, it ensures that there will never be a sequel.

i remember being really hyped for that game then sourly disappointed but tbh it wasn't that bad and imo a sequel or just a new game in that vein could've been great

i should play more sim games tbh, i bet i would enjoy the fuck out of prison simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom