• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
A new month! New purchases!

de8lew.jpg

New banner provided by Canti!

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

The year is creeping to it's climactic end! And while we rest on the impending Hallows eve... we prepare for the madness that is coming in November, December, and beyond!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008

---

Thanks to Canti for the new banner!

I'm going to be gone for a few weeks this month, I'll be in Hong Kong for work. But I'll be sure to have a lot of cool pickups and stuff!

Here is my favorite pickup from last month (September)!

2847343288_3dfd08218c.jpg

<3 - Yakuza 2!

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

BIVIANO!

DSC00234.jpg

Took advantage of the short lived B2G1F blu ray deal on amazon. And props to amazon delivering in a week, instead of the anticpated 4 weeks.
End of this month will be massive.

Danielsan

These are kinda my September pick-ups but I forgot to post in the September thread.

2mwb7cx.jpg

Haven't even put it in my PS3 yet.

The reason why:
npexqf.jpg

Started on my Blu-ray collection.:
1pezhg.jpg

T-shirt + Yasushi Suzuki artbook
IMG_1187.jpg

Judith + Holofernes is the first thing I ordered from Threadless in a long while. To my surprise the fabric is much nicer than whatever they were using before.
As for the artbook, around here Yasushi Suzuki is probably best known for Sin & Punishment and Ikaruga's art.

Ikopi

IMG_4041.jpg

Some books and the monthly magazine.

IMG_4042.jpg

One new game, three old. I'm very curious about the World Driver Championship, I got it because of all the gaf-love.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
This is the past 2 months for me. Before we start, I just want to thank Target for having such amazing clearance prices. Target, you are my video sugar daddy. Hat tip to CAG for helping me find more deals than I can handle.

First pic, we have Lego Indiana Jones (My son got this for working really hard learning how to ride a bike on 2 wheels and dunking his head in swimming class 3 times in a row :D) , Madden 09 Special edition which was clearanced at Target after 2 weeks for $45. I then sold head coach for $30 on eBay. Total cost of Madden 09, $15, then the Godfather which was $16 new at Circuit City, Ratchet and Clank a buck fifty new at Shopko, KotOR II which was $5 used at Family Video, and finally SSX 3 which was also a couple bucks used somewhere.

100_9127-1.jpg

Next up we have Condemned 2 Target $10, Crackdown, Bully Target $15, Arcade unplugged $7 on Amazon, Prey $4 at gamestop, Lost Odyssey Target $15, Scene it Target $15 with all accessories.

100_9113.jpg

Next up, WipEout HD...Yum.

100_9128-1.jpg

Next up, Bionic Commando R

100_9131-1.jpg

Finally Braid

100_9133-1.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The bulk of what I got in september

pic1-1.png

FFXII and GOW were $5 each, Yakuza, and PD0 were $10 each, GBA player for $15, and Nights for $7.50

pic2-1.png

Megaman and Bass, Megaman Battle Network, and Megaman Battle Network 4 (Not pictured), were $20 all together, Geist + FFCC + DBZ were $13, 360 controller was free, EBA was free, Wavebird was $15, GBA - Gamecube link cable (Which makes 4 now :D ) was $3, and the Mushrooms were $10

pic3.png

$40 ;)

So, all together, about $150 for everything, not to bad for the bulk of what I got.

Thoug it is missing DQIV and KSSU.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
2gvu63l.jpg

wtuaza.jpg

These do not work with a USB to xbox converter. :(
There are a bunch of black ones up on ebay now.

Circuit City didn't have the bonus key chain for silent hill. They did have the bonus skin for the sonic chronicles.

silentsonic.jpg

Better shot of the skin

sonicskin.jpg

Picked up DVD 2 disk special from target $23, cool case

ironman.jpg

ironmanopen.jpg

alr1ght

MarkMan said:
alr1ghtstart, which converter were you using?

And was it for Xbox or 360?

just a generic usb to xbox (1) cable off ebay. It doesn't work with 360 either.
N_ACCXB_153__1.jpg

Chromax

tmpphpsdwKuf.jpg

I'll start with my new PC!

Quad Q9650 @ 3.00GHz
8 gb ram
Geforce GTX 280

tmpphpKofYxX.jpg

Some games to go with the new PC.

tmpphpYpEU5m.jpg

Rosenqueen finally sent my order...

tmpphpXW8bBl.jpg

Some new Blu-ray to try out the new PC's blu-ray drive.

alr1ght

MarkMan said:
Ahh.. it's cuz that cable is just an extension/adapter. It doesn't convert the digital signal into analog (which the Xbox needs to recognize)... ;(

i don't think they make those. I did some research and apparently the only way to use a non-xbox controller (without a driver adapter) is to solder the buttons 1 to 1 on the new controller to the xbox controller. I have a PS2 to Xbox adapter that works fine though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, there is a way but you'll need to do some some mod work on your end.

Or you can get a PS2 Saturn controller :x

DSC03751.jpg

the 360 is actually from last month, just never took a shot. my other one rrod'd, so i decided to buy a new one and just give the old one to my brother

also bought some sb's and a jacket

Amir0x

Banned
OctoberSurpriseSmall.jpg

Doing some Xbox 360 repurchasing. Halo 3 in anticipation for the new campaign, Gears of War in anticipation for its sequel. Orange Box on a whim... it was marked 14.99 at K-Mart accidentally and they honored the price anyway.

Doctor Who Season 3 and Wario SHAKE DIMENSION.

Downloaded: Rez HD, Megaman 9, Castle Crashers.

eb51ed.jpg

Finally got Yakuza 2 after it having been sent to France for some reason. I'd like to thank the French postal guy who wrote "Suede" on the package so it finally got here. Thank you French postal guy!

Die Hard 4 was $0.15.

LiK

BakedPigeon said:
I just got back from town and made a few pickups when I was trying to track down Silent Hill Homecoming.

My original Halo disc is so fucking damaged that it no longer plays so I decided to pick it up again.

http://www.xboxcanadianlive.com/tracker/img/halo.jpg

[B]I'm planning on modding my original xbox with xbox media extender so I picked up some splinter cell for the save exploit, plus its a fun game so I will play through again.
[/B]
[IMG]http://media.strategywiki.org/images/thumb/3/30/Splinter_Cell_boxart.jpg/250px-Splinter_Cell_boxart.jpg

[B]And finally after so long without owning it I picked up the greatest snowboarding game every made.[/B]

[IMG]http://media.teamxbox.com/games/boxart/image1713.jpg[/QUOTE]

can you read?

BakedPigeon said:
My original Halo disc is so fucking damaged that it no longer plays so
Don't feel bad, I had to do that with Halo 2. My original Halo 2 copy had about a million miles on it and many LAN parties with friends it was disgusting...I know I got my 50 out of that game!

Manp

BakedPigeon said:
I just got back from town and made a few pickups when I was trying to track down Silent Hill Homecoming.

My original Halo disc is so fucking damaged that it no longer plays so I decided to pick it up again.

http://www.xboxcanadianlive.com/tracker/img/halo.jpg[IMG]

[B]I'm planning on modding my original xbox with xbox media extender so I picked up some splinter cell for the save exploit, plus its a fun game so I will play through again.
[/B]
[IMG]http://media.strategywiki.org/images/thumb/3/30/Splinter_Cell_boxart.jpg/250px-Splinter_Cell_boxart.jpg[IMG]

[B]And finally after so long without owning it I picked up the greatest snowboarding game every made.[/B]

[IMG]http://media.teamxbox.com/games/boxart/image1713.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

ding ding ding, we have a winner! :lol

Nakazato

BakedPigeon said:

http://www.xboxcanadianlive.com/tracker/img/halo.jpg
I'm planning on modding my original xbox with xbox media extender so I picked up some splinter cell for the save exploit, plus its a fun game so I will play through again.

http://media.strategywiki.org/image...ell_boxart.jpg/250px-Splinter_Cell_boxart.jpg

And finally after so long without owning it I picked up the greatest snowboarding game every made.

]http://media.teamxbox.com/games/boxart/image1713.jpg
DELETE YOUR POST

mileS

why does EVERYONE have a Sega USB controller? If they can't be used with PS3 or 360 what are you guys using them for? PC? if so what games?

Darkman M

Stabby McSter said:
DSC03751.jpg

the 360 is actually from last month, just never took a shot. my other one rrod'd, so i decided to buy a new one and just give the old one to my brother

also bought some sb's and a jacket

Those Sb's are nice dude.

atomico

mileS said:
why does EVERYONE have a Sega USB controller? If they can't be used with PS3 or 360 what are you guys using them for? PC? if so what games?

I believe they do work with PS3

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BakedPigeon, delete while you still can!

:(

ALSO... The Saturn USB controllers.. They work on PS3 and PC yes. A lot of people are getting them for emulation/GGPO (http://ggpo.net)/other stuff, who knows what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom