• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which games that everyone else loves do you hate?

Laconic

Banned
The name of thread.

Let the witch hunts begin!

My initial contributions:

Uncharted

Uncharted: Zombie Edition

I loathe the way they play.

I find their mechanics vapid.

gugeifer

Everyone around me loves Heavy Rain. I hate this game with all might that I have, it's horrible and overrated in my opinion.

The Last of Us.

I don't hate it, I've just never been able to get into it. I'm sure the story is fantastic but I find the gameplay to be extremely boring.

1. Resident Evil
  2. The Legend of Zelda
  3. Metal Gear Solid
  4. Dead or Alive
  5. Lollipop Chainsaw

I don't "hate" any of these games. I've simply never been able to get into the first three despite my best efforts. Never been a fan of RE's controls. I played Link's Awakening the most, and some of A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, and the original. I played through most of MGS and some of MGS2.

The other two, yeah, I dislike them. I don't get their appeal.

Bethesda games
Assassins Creed games
Rockstar games

Just find the moment to moment gameplay, especially the combat, dull and uninteresting.

KarasuEXE

Hotline Miami and The Binding of Isaac come to mind. I just can't get the appeal these games have. I tried playing both of the games in multiple occasions but I just can't.

Fuck Heavy Rain(I know it's not loved by everyone but I've seen a lot of love for the game in the site), I can't believe there are human beings that enjoyed it in any way or form.

Please don't ban me for this...

Super Mario world. 3 and yoshis island are much better games.

BAN THIS MAN FOR HAVING AN OPINION.

weekev

Banned
I hated MGS3, didnt like the way it played. Also hated sons of liberty due to the ridiculous story.

Adored the first 1 but im done with the series now.

GRaider81

Gears of War, i got into the series late so I was maybe expecting a lot more due to word of mouth and general consensus.

Also the smash bros games although that's maybe more to do with a genre I'm not a fan of.

Also Spelunky. Just do not get that one at all.

Phediuk

Zelda

Animal Crossing

Pokemon

Final Fantasy (JRPGs in general)

Anime games

Smash Bros

Mario Kart

The Last of Us

Metal Gear

I'm like the anti-GAF.

May16

I don't care for most HD Ports.

I like the ones with new content that I never played before, but the ones that are just graphical upgrades? It does not excite me at all. I see a bunch of people all giddy about it and can't relate at all.

Noobcraft

I love Uncharted but The Last of Us didn't click with me at all. I didn't hate it but I don't care enough for it to keep playing.

Griss

Red Dead Redemption. People absolutely love that game, it shows up on a bunch of 'best of the generation' lists, and I thought it was absolutely terrible until maybe the last two hours of the story, when it found its purpose.

Seriously, though, it was grand theft horse in the most boring open world ever invented, with a terrible story that focussed on imbecilic side characters for hours at a time, and with tons of gameplay systems that were weaker than games that actually focus on said systems. The minimap, which has no business being in a game set in that era, took all the fun of navigating away from you. Didn't matter much, as there was essentially nothing out there to find anyway.

The experience of riding your horse, slowing time and shooting bandits was fun a couple of times. That was it. Rest of the game until near the end was a horrible slog.

Laconic

Banned
Everyone around me loves Heavy Rain. I hate this game with all might that I have, it's horrible and overrated in my opinion.

Fuck Heavy Rain(I know it's not loved by everyone but I've seen a lot of love for the game in the site), I can't believe there are human beings that enjoyed it in any way or form.

That... game... was pure, undiluted torture. I hate QTEs, and think they the absolute worst thing to ever be implemented into video games and passed off as "gameplay". But Heavy Rain was so bad, it made me feel bad for QTEs being associated with it.

tariniel

All moba and rts games. I just don't find them fun at all. Or rather, the time investment required before it can be fun is too much.

Uncharted series, Dragon Age series, CS:GO, Civ games. I hated the newer Pokemon X/Y. Elder Scrolls.

The Last of Us.

I gave the game a good hour but I just did not get the draw of it and the story just is not impressive enough for me to continue with it just for that. Call me unclouth but I'll stick with Uncharted.

SenkiDala

- Skyrim (and all the Elder Scrolls Series)
- Fable 2
- Forza series
- ZombiU
- Assassins Creed series

A lot more!

Golden Eye. Unfortunately when it came out I didn't really have any friends who owned or really played it. It was way later that I realized what an impact it made on people. Going back to play it after dual analog shooters was something truly terrible.

ShinMaruku

Ubishit games and Eldershits. I just don't give a damn.
Also 90%of EA's output. There are some games that I have no interest in, but I don't hate them.

Ramza

Banned
While I don't hate it, I think the love for Super Mario 3D Land was way over the top. The game was ridiculously easy and I didn't find it very fun.

Uncharted 3. Not that "everyone else" loves it, but I really hated it, and it's still "mostly loved." Definitely my most hated game that I actually finished. It's one of the few games that I actually hate because I feel like I wasted time playing it. Most games that I don't like I just stop playing.

I don't hate NFL 2K5, but I am so sick of hearing about it, I just think that most people who talk about it now weren't into football games in the mid-2000s... I feel like a lot of people picked up that game when it was $20 and released 3 months before the football season, liked it enough, but then when the NFL went with EA for the license the next year, they decided it was the greatest sports game ever. It wasn't even the best football game in 2004, but it got this aura of perfection like 5 years after it came out when the Madden series was truly shit. And the ratio of people who talk about this game now versus the people who actually bought it or talked about it in 2004 is way out of whack. When Madden came out this year, my girlfriend's 16-year-old cousin sarcastically asked me if it was finally better than NFL 2K5... and I was thinking like, man, you were 6 when that game came out and you've never owned a PS2/Xbox and definitely never played that game.

pashmilla

Banned
Final Fantasy X. People often call it one of the best FFs and I just don't get it. The voice acting is passable at best, absolutely horrendous at worst. Yuna sounds like she's asleep and Tidus is whiny, which makes it hard to feel invested in their stilted awkward romance. I can't find it in me to care about Tidus' daddy issues. The character designs, bar Yuna, Lulu, Kimahri and Auron, are hideous. Blitzball is an abomination. The gameplay is fine but a little slow for my tastes, and having to repeatedly switch characters in and out gets old fast.

Top Bottom