• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei : New Wii Fit this Fall and new Mario game this year.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Actual Mario game would be nice.. just not a simple 'Galaxy 2' though.. even though I <3 Galaxy.

Oh, and needs moar Zelda.
Not on a train

WiiFit was incredible, if only for the Body Tests. It'll be interesting to see what improvements are made for WiiFit Plus.

A Super Mario would probably be for the DS, perhaps a means to drive momentum for the DSi. Spirit Tracks + Super Mario = so much awesome.

If it's Mario & Luigi 3 for US I'm punching Nikkei in the fucking nads, though since it's a Japanese source I doubt that.

New SMB2 seems likely. SMG2? I doubt it, but please, prove me wrong.

Actually now that I think about it, while New SMB 2 would help drive sales for DSi, you would think that Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Spirit Tracks would do that well enough on their own. While I could easily see a new Mario on DS joining those ranks and helping sell even more DSis, it doesn't seem like Nintendo to devote their entire support to one console and leave another one out to dry, especially when it seems like the Wii needs a booster shot right now.

Aaron Strife said:
If it's Mario & Luigi 3 for US I'm punching Nikkei in the fucking nads.

Shit, forgot about that. Not that there's anything wrong with the game, but we already know about it, so it's not very exciting.

Penguin

So let's see

it could be a Galaxy sequel
a NSMB sequel
Mario and Luigi 3
Paper Mario 3
a WiiWare/DSWare Mario title

Xellos

So Galaxy 2 then? There have been rumors. Iwata said that the Mario and Zelda teams were working on follow ups at last E3. Miyamoto has said that he felt Galaxy's design was too conservative.

Raide

Penguin said:
So let's see

it could be a Galaxy sequel
a NSMB sequel
Mario and Luigi 3
Paper Mario 3
a WiiWare/DSWare Mario title

Mario Party Wii using Motion+ and the Wii-fit board, with Wii-speak thrown in for good measure perhaps?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If it's Mario Galaxy Plus or some such nonsense I'll be a very unhappy bunny.

If it's the next proper Mario game then I'll be a very happy bunny.

Dragmire

I'm pretty sure the next 'major franchise' Nintendo game to hit Wii will be Zelda, rather than Mario (it's been longer since the last console Zelda). Meanwhile, it's the opposite on DS, so it's either a DS game (probably Mario & Luigi 3 :p ) or some spin-off game like Mario Party.

Amir0x

Banned
a new Mario game might mean Mario Math 2 for all we know. It seems awfully quick since the last Mario to merely a make a truly spectacular successor, but who knows - i'm ready either way.

Xellos said:
So Galaxy 2 then? There have been rumors. Iwata said that the Mario and Zelda teams were working on follow ups at last E3. Miyamoto has said that he felt Galaxy's design was too conservative.
What's amazing to imagine is the possibility of a new Mario that's actually better than SMG was.

Also, the wording of the article suggests that it's for Wii to me.

Mdk7

if it's a sequel to Galaxy i'll probably die there, during the conference.
And it will be a great way to die, so bring it on.

nyong

Banned
More accurate measurements you say? Less of a focus on BMI?

Day 1 purchase for me. While I have not used the exercises in months, I use the scale every week.

Ashodin

Amir0x said:
So fucking purchasing
yuo and me both

Nintendo Survey said:
Assuming a reasonable price, how likely are you to purchase a sequel to Super Paper Mario or ask for it as a gift? Please use a scale from '1' to '7,' where '1' means you would 'Definitely not purchase a sequel' and '7' means you would 'Definitely purchase a sequel,' and '4' would be neutral or undecided.

CONFIRMED.

Top Bottom